Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lunardi moves us up to a 4

Default Lunardi moves us up to a 4

vs. #13 Northern Iowa in Boise. Great matchup; I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Also, St. Mary's is gone.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Hes posted a lot of brackets that I wouldnt have minded "freezing" recently, but I like this one best.

Hopefully when the larger conferences play their tourneys things happen to keep us in the 4 spot

Meanwhile, Glockner at SI has us as a 4 in Portland versus Western KY, with UCLA looming in round 2.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?eref=T1

Sweet! I've got tickets! The only problem is my wife is scheduled for a c-section Friday, March 20th at 8:00 am. Shouldn't be a problem.?

Love Joe's bracket!!! Thank you Zags, we're playing close to home for sure. I hope SMC gets in, I still think they will. Say what you want about Fatham (punk), but Mills and Simpson are all class.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Was this updated before the WCC final? The blurb suggests it was ..

GONZAGA
    What they've done: Reach another WCC title game they do not need to win. What they need: Take one for the team for Saint Mary's.

Seed Report:
    S-Curve history: 5 (Nov. 12), 6 (Dec. 23), 26 (Jan. 5), 18 (Jan. 12), 20 (Jan. 19), 20 (Jan. 26), 20 (Feb. 2), 16 (Feb. 6), 23 (Feb. 9), 22 (Feb. 13), 21 (Feb. 16), 20 (Feb. 20), 28 (Feb. 27), 23 (March 2), 21 (March 6), 17 (March 9).
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by mcdiehard View Post
    Meanwhile, Glockner at SI has us as a 4 in Portland versus Western KY, with UCLA looming in round 2.

How can UCLA be a 5th seed? I think they will win the Pac 10 tourney since it's in LA. I think they will grab a 3rd seed.

I see UCLA losing a game in the Pac-10 Tournament and given a 5 or 6 seed. Washignton, Arizona State, or even WSU can handle them on a neutral court. UW is the favorite in my eyes.

I don't think many people realize this, but UCLA only has 3 top 50 RPI wins. Their best wins outside of league continue to be Notre Dame (73) and Miami of Ohio (79).

UCLA won't win because the tournament is in LA. They will win because they're the best team..if they win. The tourney is at Staples..downtown. Fur piece from Westwood.

FSU would give us all kinds of problems

Quote Originally Posted by mcdiehard View Post

Seriously, let's say UCLA beat UW in the Pac 10 tourney final, do you think the loser of that game will be a 5th seed? I think if UW makes it to the final, the lowest it can go is 4th seed, the highest it can go is 2. But a 2nd round match up between GU and UW or GU and UCLA are both very intriguing. I am sure people on this board still remembers the 2006 collapse against UCLA in the Sweep 16. It's no better feeling than to take them out this year. A second round game against UCLA may generate more interests than against UW.

If UCLA or UW wins the Pac 10 tourney, they'll get at least a 4.

Default still a lot closer than seattle...

...staples center is only a 15 minute drive from westwood, which to anyone in LA is just about down the street. and their fan base isn't exactly limited to the westside. it's close, but UCLA takes it from UW.

Is that bracket even possible? Is there still a rule that you can't play anyone that you played during the year until the third round? Or did they abolish that rule? He's got it set where we could play Arizona in the second round again.
    2Zags4Pups

Quote Originally Posted by 2Zags3Pups View Post
    Is that bracket even possible? Is there still a rule that you can't play anyone that you played during the year until the third round? Or did they abolish that rule? He's got it set where we could play Arizona in the second round again.
    I don't think its a hard and fast rule, but it is an area of emphasis by the committee that they have been successfull in following.

I do agree that its unlikely that the committee would have us playing a regular season opponent in the first or second round if it is at all avoidable.

I think WSU will win the Pac 10 tourney.

OK, not really. UW, however, has clearly outplayed UCLA this year and on a neutral court I think they take the title.

Quote Originally Posted by EngineerZag View Post
    I think WSU will win the Pac 10 tourney.

OK, not really. UW, however, has clearly outplayed UCLA this year and on a neutral court I think they take the title.
    Except the court really isn't that neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Zags3Pups View Post
    It was a rule and it's been changed to second round--all because of the BEast conference and the fact they want to make it easier for the committee to accommodate 10 schools from that conference.

From Lunardi's FAQ:

Aren't there a ton of other bracketing rules to consider? Yes, and if you have three or four hours and some spare brain cells available, you can read them all in the NCAA Men's Basketball Championship handbook. Otherwise, you'll just have to trust me. One change worth repeating for 2008-09 is that teams from the same conference may now meet as early as the second round of the tournament if said conference has more than five participants. Previously, teams from the same conference could not meet before a regional final. This provision is only to be utilized if all other bracketing options have been exhausted or if a ninth team is selected from a given conference.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3812210
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

I think if UW wins it or at least makes the championship game, they'll end up as a 3 seed. I just don't see them as a 2 seed this year, even with a regular season and tournament title in the PAC 10.

UCLA is probably looking at a 4 or 5, although winning the tourney could get them in the discussion for a 3 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DoMieD View Post
    FSU would give us all kinds of problems
    Agreed. Uber does not like that second round matchup except for the fact it is all the way across the country for FSU. Uber would rather see Purdue or Illinois before FSU.

p.s. LSU is a six and so is Tennessee? Hmmm.
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

why does UW have to come up every day on this site? ugh...
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Quote Originally Posted by lothar98zag View Post
    why does UW have to come up every day on this site? ugh...
    My take: It's like having bad hemorrhoids. You just can't ignore their uncomfortable presence and must talk about it, at least to yourself, frequently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

IMO Zags don't get the 4. We looked great but the memory will fade as other BCS team win "big games" and push us down to a 5 which is where I have figured we would wind up all along.

SMC will only get in if Mills goes for 30 against EWU

Default #5 Portland

Bulldogs will probably get screwed by usual BCS bias, but the #5 seed in Portland looks doable regardless of what happens in the big man tournaments this weekend.

Go Bulldogs! Beat the Next Guys!
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.