Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: All Tourney Team? (listed inside)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,639

    Question All Tourney Team? (listed inside)

    Anyone know who was selected for the All Tournament team at WCC's besides Micah Downs?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Posts
    3,286

    Default

    John Bryant.
    Patrick Mills.
    Omar Samhan.
    Diamon Simpson.
    Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
    You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MedZag View Post
    John Bryant.
    Patrick Mills.
    Omar Samhan.
    Diamon Simpson.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Posts
    3,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post


    This is fun. I'm really enjoying this.
    Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
    You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Hill of Spokane
    Posts
    2,750

    Angry WCC website is a joke.

    Let us see. The WCC has its most important event of the year, and its website has not been updated in hours. This sort of crap is why many say the WCC is a podunk league. I guess when they saw GU was going to win both the mens and womens titles, they shut things down for the night rather than post the all-tourney team.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    16,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MedZag View Post
    John Bryant.
    Patrick Mills.
    Omar Samhan.
    Diamon Simpson.
    Don't forget Lowhorn, Pomare, & Raivio...
    .
    youtube - "The Runner"



    Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

    Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

    Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    16,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag 77 View Post
    Let us see. The WCC has its most important event of the year, and its website has not been updated in hours. This sort of crap is why many say the WCC is a podunk league. I guess when they saw GU was going to win both the mens and womens titles, they shut things down for the night rather than post the all-tourney team.
    disagree. I think the WCC is taking many steps fwd. Streaming all non-tv games, tonight's game on westwood one radio all over the country, tourney in vegas, etc. I'll cut them some slack on the all-tourney team info. it'll come out soon enough.
    .
    youtube - "The Runner"



    Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

    Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

    Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    634

    Default Gonzaga dominates the all-tournament team

    Downs
    Pargo
    Bouldin
    Simpson (SMC)
    Bryant (Santa Clara Upstate)
    TM

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    15,419

    Default

    Would have been nice if they could have streamed the post-game events. They were not available on ESPN2 and it would have been fun to see.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Nashvegas, TN
    Posts
    3,286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Would have been nice if they could have streamed the post-game events. They were not available on ESPN2 and it would have been fun to see.
    Gut feeling KHQ or someone of the like will have video by tomorrow on their website.
    Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
    You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    the Burb's of Walla Walla
    Posts
    391

    Default

    nice but leaving Josh off is just plain stupid

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    120

    Default

    You crazy guys, it's Pargo, Bouldin, Downs, Simpson, Bryant !!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    120

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver, WA
    Posts
    16,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonza View Post
    You crazy guys, it's Pargo, Bouldin, Downs, Simpson, Bryant !!
    thanks for posting it! (I skimmed the link, but didn't catch it the first time...)
    .
    youtube - "The Runner"



    Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

    Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

    Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Hill of Spokane
    Posts
    2,750

    Thumbs down BRYANT? You gotta be kidding.

    Bryant to All-Tourney Team? Are they trying to justify picking him for regular season POY? They beat an overmatched team in USD and then we killed them in the semis, making Bryant look pretty ordinary. Even Samhan got more points (although mostly in garbage time) against us.

    That is a mercy selection to make Santa Clara feel better.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag 77 View Post
    Bryant to All-Tourney Team? Are they trying to justify picking him for regular season POY? They beat an overmatched team in USD and then we killed them in the semis, making Bryant look pretty ordinary. Even Samhan got more points (although mostly in garbage time) against us.

    That is a mercy selection to make Santa Clara feel better.
    Um, he averaged a double double in the tourney and set the all time tournament record with 27 boards in the quarterfinal game against USD. He single handedly outrebounded USD. And, he had 13 and 10 against us.

    Anyhoo, I disagree with you.

    Peace,

    Bro.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Hill of Spokane
    Posts
    2,750

    Default So, beating USD makes one great?

    F1D, Please. Seriously. USD was dog doo doo by tournament time. I could have gotten a double-double on them and I am almost 54 and near-sighted. Fattening up his totals on us in garbage time does not make him all-tournament. Maybe honorable mention.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag 77 View Post
    F1D, Please. Seriously. USD was dog doo doo by tournament time. I could have gotten a double-double on them and I am almost 54 and near-sighted. Fattening up his totals on us in garbage time does not make him all-tournament. Maybe honorable mention.

    Now that I would have paid to see!

    Have a good night.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,575

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_An_Old_Zag View Post
    nice but leaving Josh off is just plain stupid
    x2

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagNut08 View Post
    x2
    x3.... He was the leading scorer for us tonight in the championship game.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Maple Valley, WA
    Posts
    3,228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Um, he averaged a double double in the tourney and set the all time tournament record with 27 boards in the quarterfinal game against USD. He single handedly outrebounded USD. And, he had 13 and 10 against us.

    Anyhoo, I disagree with you.

    Peace,

    Bro.
    Agreed. You set a tourney rebounding record, you deserve to be on the all-tourney team. I think Josh was hurt by his 1-7 night yesterday. Great D, but he only scored 3 pts. That makes it tough to put him on the all-tourney team.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Hill of Spokane
    Posts
    2,750

    Default Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics

    I question the criteria of getting a meaningless rebounding record as justifying putting John Bryant on the All-Tournament team. I am not really making an argument in favor of Josh H, but the fact is, he pretty well neutralized the two opposing centers he played against when the game was on the line. Bryant and Samhan only got into double figure in garbage time.

    As for Bryant, he beat up on a depleted 5th place team in USD. Big whoop. When the real thing was on the line in the semis, his team got squashed like a bug, and he was a non-factor.

    You might have to say Bryant had to be picked by default because no other Center did much offensively in the tournament, and because you won't pick a guy at Center because of defensive prowess. Would it be heresy to have an All-Tournament team with no Center on it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •