• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CDC84
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Coach Few dead right about Memphis

The Tigers might not be as talented as last year's team, but they are a better TEAM. They play as a unit.

Big win over A&M tonight in front of a pro-A&M crowd. Antonio Anderson....you talk about hitting some clutch free throws. And he isn't a good free throw shooter either.

I will tell you this...if A&M had hit that shot at the end, Dozier would've had nightmares all offseason. Had Dozier just let that pass go out of bounds in that 2nd to last possession, Memphis would've pretty much iced the game. He touched the darn thing right before it went out of bounds...the A&M guy couldn't have gotten to it in time.
  • Madcowz
    Redshirt
    • Feb 2007

how does 1.1 seconds run off on that play?? those refs should be fined... or something

Comment

• zagfan08
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

the ball is not out of bounds until it touches out.

the ball bounced once in bounds, went high into the air, and then over the scorers table. the ball isnt out until it hit the person sitting behind the table.

now the ref blew his whistle almost immediately so if they were going by the refs whistle then only about .3 should have ran off. but if the refs wanted to make the right call, they did the right thing.

Comment

• btzag
        Bleeds GU Blue
        • Feb 2007

How to blow a game...

Wow, as the more veteran and experienced team how does A&M blow that game? Easy. In the last 50 seconds with a one point lead; miss a layin, give up FOUR offensive rebounds, foul a guy in the act of shooting, watch a guy who's 1-4 from the line in the game hit two clutch foul shots, almost throw the ball out of bounds, and then air ball the last ditch three. Wow again. My heart went out to A&M as I watched a veteran team that had it all blow it down the stretch to a young, wild team. Now this wasn't a ten point lead down the stretch but reminded me a lot of the Zags last year and how cruel the tourney can be.

Comment

• KStyles
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by zagfan08 View Post
          the ball is not out of bounds until it touches out.

the ball bounced once in bounds, went high into the air, and then over the scorers table. the ball isnt out until it hit the person sitting behind the table.

now the ref blew his whistle almost immediately so if they were going by the refs whistle then only about .3 should have ran off. but if the refs wanted to make the right call, they did the right thing.
          I had to explain that to all of my friends as well. I think the refs ended up making the right call.

Comment

• rawkmandale
            Banned
            • Feb 2007

As we watched the replay countless times, I was dumbfounded that the announcers could not see the ball glancing off the Memphis hand, then bouncing IN BOUNDS, and then to the guy behind the table. Sometimes those guys are too busy talking to watch, then believe what their mouths are saying more than the visual evidence.

Comment

Working...
            X