Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palm moves GU to #5 seed 3/4/09

Default Palm moves GU to #5 seed 3/4/09

Raftery relikes the Zags. UW moves to a #4 seed.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...story/11233762

and the fuskies

I think the Huskies make it to the sweet 16 this year. Especially with that draw.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post

That's not a fair draw for the #4 seed Missouri. As a protected seed, they have to come to Boise to play a #5 seed Gonzaga? This is a very favorable draw for Gonzaga. Some how, I think the #4 seed got placed in Boise will be UW. That'd be really awesome for both teams' fans.

seattle newspapers claiming there was a conference call with Lunardi....he all but guranteed UW of Portland and a 3 seed says it was 90% certain.......interesting...I smell second round match up coming with Huskies

Quote Originally Posted by edcasey View Post
    seattle newspapers claiming there was a conference call with Lunardi....he all but guranteed UW of Portland and a 3 seed says it was 90% certain.......interesting...I smell second round match up coming with Huskies
    Lunardi is right regarding UW-Portland. I have a hard time figuring out how UW could get bumped from Portland. There would have to be 2 western teams seeded higher than them that are located noticably closer to Portland than Boise.
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

so UW loses to WSU this weekend and then gets beat before the PAC 10 title game and UCLA wins the pac 10 title...wouldnt it make sense for UCLA to go to Portland versus Boise?

Quote Originally Posted by edcasey View Post
    so UW loses to WSU this weekend and then gets beat before the PAC 10 title game and UCLA wins the pac 10 title...wouldnt it make sense for UCLA to go to Portland versus Boise?
    UCLA could go to either, but even if they go to Portland, I doubt there's a 2nd team seeded higher than UW that would go there instead of them...

I'm not sure how any of this affects GU. Maybe it means that if GU is sent to Portland the odds would be high that the potential 2nd round game is vs the PAC-10?
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Boise is fine. Hop on I-84 and zip on down. I don't see the big deal between Portland and Boise.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by brian_sun View Post
    That's not a fair draw for the #4 seed Missouri. As a protected seed, they have to come to Boise to play a #5 seed Gonzaga? This is a very favorable draw for Gonzaga.
    I recall a similar situation happening to a certain team last year...

Fuskies as a 4 seed is big fodder for a first round upset if they go cold from outside when facing any 13 seed team with solid team basketball fundamentals. The Fuskies playground style wins in this year's weak PAC-10 when they can get rescued by Brockman's terrific consistency, and they should be commended for that. But come Dance time, being pared in their bracket could be a bonus for second round teams with a 4 seed gone. We can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by 4AmericasTeam View Post
    Fuskies as a 4 seed is big fodder for a first round upset if they go cold from outside when facing any 13 seed team with solid team basketball fundamentals. The Fuskies playground style wins in this year's weak PAC-10 when they can get rescued by Brockman's terrific consistency, and they should be commended for that. But come Dance time, being pared in their bracket could be a bonus for second round teams with a 4 seed gone. We can only hope.
    If we go cold from the outside? Wow it's obvious you haven't watched a single UW game all year. You might want to go check some facts first before opening up your mouth lol.

Anyways love the draw the crying illini in the 2nd round will make for an easy trip to the sweet 16. After that I've alway's felt that if their was any #1 that we matched up really well with that would be oklahoma. Think it's all moot though because I think UW gets a 3 seed.

Oops, struck a nerve.

Think it's all moot though because I think UW gets a 3 seed.
    If they win the PAC-10 tournament, yes. But that's hardly a slam dunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleasant Peninsula View Post
    If they win the PAC-10 tournament, yes. But that's hardly a slam dunk.
    Just for discussions sake let's compare resumes of the 3 seeds in this bracket.

Duke
    25-5
    Sos 4 RPI 1
    top 50 8-5
    last 10 7-3

Wake Forest
    23-5
    Sos 59 RPI 13
    Top 50 7-2
    last 10 7-3

Xavier
    23-5
    SoS 49 RPI 11
    top 50 3-2
    last 10 7-3

Villanova
    24-6
    Sos 36 RPI 14
    top 50 5-6
    last 10 8-2

Now UW's

Washington
    23-7
    sos 17 rpi 12
    top 50 7-6
    Last 10 8-2

Now Uw's resume is pretty comparable to duke and wake but better than both Nova and Xavier. UW definitely needs to beat wsu this weekend, but they are much closer to a 3 seed than you seem to think.

UW definitely needs to beat wsu this weekend, but they are much closer to a 3 seed than you seem to think.
    Perhaps. But do you dispute that they probably need to win the tourny to get a #3? I mean, I suppose, a win vs. WSU and a close loss in the conference final would put them in the discussion for a 3/4, but only winning out guarantees them a 3, I think. Can't argue with the fact that their resume is impressive, though, especially considering expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgfather11 View Post
    If we go cold from the outside? Wow it's obvious you haven't watched a single UW game all year. You might want to go check some facts first before opening up your mouth lol.

Anyways love the draw the crying illini in the 2nd round will make for an easy trip to the sweet 16. After that I've alway's felt that if their was any #1 that we matched up really well with that would be oklahoma. Think it's all moot though because I think UW gets a 3 seed.

UW's always cold from the outside..and the free throw line.......Stop Brockman and it's over. Big athletes, no structure. Just a Romar wildman team. Mayhem. Structure and good defense will slow this group to nuthin....no offense Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Boise is fine. Hop on I-84 and zip on down. I don't see the big deal between Portland and Boise.
    "I do!", said the Portland man.

UW's always cold from the outside..and the free throw line.......Stop Brockman and it's over. Big athletes, no structure. Just a Romar wildman team. Mayhem. Structure and good defense will slow this group to nuthin....no offense Joe

Abe: how many Huskies games you've watched this year? We averaged 79.6pts per game, by far the best offensive team in the Pac 10. We led the Pac 10 in Rebounds per game by a WIDE margin, 3rd in steals. We are not a good 3pt shooting team, next to last in 3pt FG made and 3pt FG attempted. We only made 33.9% of our 3pt FG. So that tells me we get a lot of second chances and put back on our misses. Big athletes? Besides Jon Brockman, who's really that big in this lineup? Stop Brockman? The guy is a beast under the basket. You might be able to stop him on the offensive side, but you do not have anyone who can outwork him on defense, rebounding and hustle. Brock can probably be sandwiched by Daye and Heytfelt and still get a rebound. He's that tenacious. Without Sacre, you do NOT have anyone who can stop him from getting his boards. He will box out whoever is on his path. Brockman is the best player in this state, period.

Oh, you forgot the Jason Mesnick factor. The newly crowned Bachelor was actually a graduate from UW. Jason is a big basketball fan who I played against down in the IMA many times back in the good days when Brandon Roy was still in UW. UW not only has a great basketball team, but also better looking students than our eastern counter parts. It'd be a great game if we can meet in the sweet 16 or something.

Oh, you forgot the Jason Mesnick factor. The newly crowned Bachelor was actually a graduate from UW. Jason is a big basketball fan who I played against down in the IMA many times back in the good days when Brandon Roy was still in UW. UW not only has a great basketball team, but also better looking students than our eastern counter parts. It'd be a great game if we can meet in the sweet 16 or something.

I'm not so sure I'd be claiming Jason Mesnick as a positive. Did he cry when his team lost at the IMA?
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo Roncalli View Post
    I'm not so sure I'd be claiming Jason Mesnick as a positive. Did he cry when his team lost at the IMA?
    Or that you watch the Bachelor.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo Roncalli View Post
    LOL, I think he only cries for the ladies, certainly not in front of a bunch of sweaty dudes on the basketball court. But back in the old days, he was just an ordinary dude, doesn't look anything like he was in front of the camera. I wouldn't be surprised if he wore some kind of makeup when he's on the show. But I am sure any red blood Gonzaga male would love to be in his shoes to be surrounded by countless young female fans right about now. I know I would.

Brian....everything I said is correct. Awful 3 pt and FT shooters. If Brockman is contained, UW loses. When I said "Big" , I probably shouldn't have shortened it up..."Big time" is what I meant. So what's the rub?

And as to your first question: I watched the one that were telecast... the telecast UW games were admitted lfewer than Zag games but I saw enough.

You're obviously a Husky fan. And Brockman obviously makes you wet. Nonetheless...ease up bud, I like Brockman too. He's the only thing separating the Zags from a FF this year..........I've said that for quite a long time now. Best Jon's happy he spent the last 2 years working for Romar........

Brian....everything I said is correct. Awful 3 pt and FT shooters. If Brockman is contained, UW loses. When I said "Big" , I probably shouldn't have shortened it up..."Big time" is what I meant. So what's the rub?

And as to your first question: I watched the one that were telecast... the telecast UW games were admitted lfewer than Zag games but I saw enough.

You're obviously a Husky fan. And Brockman obviously makes you wet. Nonetheless...ease up bud, I like Brockman too. He's the only thing separating the Zags from a FF this year..........I've said that for quite a long time now. Best Jon's happy he spent the last 2 years working for Romar........
    Just a question, are the zags awful at FT's to? because GU is at 71% this year and uw 70% Oops? Uw definitely can win without brockman we are a very balanced team, which you would have seen had you actually stayed sober watching our games abe :P

p.s. brockman never would have came to GU, if it wasn't UW he woulda been at duke or UCLA. GU still never would have made the final 4 for 1 reason, that snake of a coach of yours can't coach defense.

2 days to vegas abe I hope you are there buddy!

Wrong....Washington is the worst defensive team in the Pac-10. Gonzaga is #1 in the country in defensive FG%.

Washington has guards that stand at 5'11'', 5'11'', and 5'8''. They will get killed by teams with big guards. One midget is alright, but 3 at one time. I don't know...

And yes we do suck at FT's