Default RPI help for the Zags today

WSU over UCLA
    Ok State over Baylor
    Maryland over UNC
    UConn over USF

On the downside--

UK over Tennessee

Any I missed?
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Default Good RPI Day Brewing

I don't know how much these individual games lift RPI's but it sure looks nice having the Cougs win, Maryland beat UNC, and St. Mary's is up comfortably at the half. The last game being the most important, it makes the entire conference look better.

St. Mary's is a far better team than Utah State. Should be a W for the Gaels, which shows how much better the top of the WCC is than the WAC.

Default They are looking that way:

I didn't know that St. Mary's was far better than Utah State, but they are playing that way and it does speak well for our league, it tells me that Portland could beat some quality teams in the Pac 10 and would have represented itself well had it had a chance in the bb.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I didn't know that St. Mary's was far better than Utah State, but they are playing that way and it does speak well for our league, it tells me that Portland could beat some quality teams in the Pac 10 and would have represented itself well had it had a chance in the bb.
    Portland actually beat the 1st place team in the Pac-10 this year.

Default Very true

I just meant now, BCS schools like to talk about their conferences "wearing" each other down, just saying that our top 4 can wear down a lot of teams also. Gosh I hope we win out, and somehow OU gets beat by Texas tonight, it would be sweet to be the ONLY team in the country undefeated in conference play, and NO, I am NOT over looking next weekend, SCU especially scares me. And San Diego played St. Mary's tougher than #23 Utah State is currently.

Default Hope I didn't speak too soon

Should have known better; St. Mary's up by 3 now, should have kept my mouth shut. Come on Gaels!

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I just meant now, BCS schools like to talk about their conferences "wearing" each other down, just saying that our top 4 can wear down a lot of teams also. Gosh I hope we win out, and somehow OU gets beat by Texas tonight, it would be sweet to be the ONLY team in the country undefeated in conference play, and NO, I am NOT over looking next weekend, SCU especially scares me. And San Diego played St. Mary's tougher than #23 Utah State is currently.
    Memphis is undefeated too.

I like to cheer for SMC but then I see Samhan I start wavering

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Add SMC over Utah St. to the mix. A convincing 10+ Pattiless win nonetheless.

Great day for RPI.

Way to go Gaels. Smaham, you suck.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep - not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

This wasn't a surprise to me when I saw that Utah St only beat Idaho by like 9 points, and then lost two straight after that I think. Great game for the Gaels. Shows our conference is not as weak as some may think.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Having WSU beat UCLA after we wipped them, is almost as good as revenge.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep - not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    This wasn't a surprise to me when I saw that Utah St only beat Idaho by like 9 points, and then lost two straight after that I think. Great game for the Gaels. Shows our conference is not as weak as some may think.
    I expected them to win too.

Quote Originally Posted by johnwzag View Post
    Great day for RPI.

Way to go Gaels. Smaham, you suck.
    to johnwzag

I like to RPI lift, but still can't get behind a program with a player like Samhan and a coach like Randy Bennett that let's anything go. I thought Simpson's drunk with 3 seconds left spoke volumes about what kind of team the Gael's are... purely rubbing salt in the wound.

As far as the other games... great wins for WSU and Maryland. Great to see Maryland getting a quality win in the ACC.

Most importantly... the Zags need to take care of business tonight and not take the Waves lightly. Go Zags!

Default Forgot about Memphis

Oh well, still want to be undefeated in conference, hope we play really well tonight and top off a great day. Good win by the Gaels, and Samham is hard to watch, even if you need his team to win.

Great win for WSU over UCLA and suddenly the Bruins are reeling. Finally their lack of offense is costing them after spending years playing frenetic hack-away defense and pulling out wins. T

hey tried it again today and almost pulled it out after the officials decided to completely swallow their whistles the last minute or two and allowed UCLA to just bully WSU around the court. Could not believe what I was watching! T

Then with under 10 seconds to go and UCLA bringing it up to eventually shoot a 3 the clock stops! No one notices and it started up again after a good 2 seconds and then UCLA hits the 3 to pull within one. Bizarre that no one saw that as they were under 10 seconds in the game and in fact the announcers had no clue either. Really weird ending but was glad to see WSU get the win that they deserved.

Maryland beats UNC as well....

If Oklahoma loses to Texas, only Gonzaga and Memphis remain undefeated in conference, provided the Zags subdue the Waves.

49-47 Texas. 9:00 to go.

Kinda funny, but I catch myself rooting for Texas since the Zags scrimmaged them in Denver.

Huge day for Zag scheduling. A Vols win would have been icing on the cake but we really can't complain. Maryland, SMC and WSU all had big days for the Zags. It will be very interesting how the polls shake out next week. Need to take care of business tonight.

Go Zags!
    Gonzaga Basketball
    Exhibiting Character Since 1907

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    If Oklahoma loses to Texas, only Gonzaga and Memphis remain undefeated in conference, provided the Zags subdue the Waves.

49-47 Texas. 9:00 to go.

Kinda funny, but I catch myself rooting for Texas since the Zags scrimmaged them in Denver.
    I can't believe they did it!

Good job Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagAddict View Post
    to johnwzag

I like to RPI lift, but still can't get behind a program with a player like Samhan and a coach like Randy Bennett that let's anything go. I thought Simpson's drunk with 3 seconds left spoke volumes about what kind of team the Gael's are... purely rubbing salt in the wound.

As far as the other games... great wins for WSU and Maryland. Great to see Maryland getting a quality win in the ACC.

Most importantly... the Zags need to take care of business tonight and not take the Waves lightly. Go Zags!
    My biggest problem with SMC is their refs on the home court.

Nice day for the Zags, wish the Vols would of played better though, Kentucky man-handled them.

The refs were from the WAC. In the bracketbuster format, the refs come from the visiting team's conference