Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ---GUnit of the Game (Portland)--- 2/5

Default Matty B Good

I have to go with my Colorado boy, Matt Bouldin. While it was great to see Pargo finally get his groove all the way back and the team play well 'together', Matt was consistent throughout the game and played a great floor game in addition to his scoring. Way to go Matty!
    Colorado Zag Fan

Default Matt -- POY

Matt is tearing it up --
    He has a very good shot at POY for WCC --
    Keep firing on all cylinders Matt!!

Lol Zag79...always looking for controversy where is none.

Default Matt

Great game by a great player!

Side note- Watching the game live, I thought the player who made the biggest difference with his minutes was Josh. The stats do not reflect, but Portland was not the same when he was in the game, especially in the second half.
    Don't call it a comeback....

Quote Originally Posted by Zag79 View Post
    well not so much you F1 but i threw ya in there anyway. your free to vote for who you want but its funny when people post about someone like they were the only good performer on the floor. that explains the bashing of certain players when they are off, and the love for other players when they play just as bad. pargo had the same amount of steals, less assists but more rebounds, and was as hot in the middle and latter parts of the game as matt was in the first part. anyway, im going to say pargo for showing us hes back. but matt was phenomenal and gray was just flawless.

Ultimately, the GUnit is a popularity contest. Our starting 5 had an outstanding game and each, IMO, is deserving of a vote or 2 for this "award".

Matt, as has been mentioned played great and help keep it close when Portland was shooting so well.

Pargo was great from a bout a 1/3 of the way into the game until the end and really made life hard on Portland because with him breaking down the defense it makes our 4 other guys that much more dangerous.

Daye was awesome in the second half blocking shots, getting rebounds and making opportune buckets.

Gray was everywhere especially when we needed a key offensive rebound.

Josh was solid and was hitting his free throws.

But again, the GUnit is not supposed to be a team award as WooHoo defined quite some time ago. We're supposed to vote for one player.

I think its a helluva good thing that so often this season its been tough to pick this one.

PS - I agree with you that in this type of game, one shouldn't say such and such was the best player and it wasn't even close. It kind of takes away from what really is winning for us and that is awesome team play on both ends of the court.

Bouldin - he stepped up and was our answer to the portland runs

Default Great Game ----

I'm so proud of the starters all getting double figures. They all deserve a pat on the back. It was also great to see Pargo back. With that said, Bouldin has my vote for GU Unit of the game. Portland didn't have an answer for him and Matt just keeps getting better game after game.

Gotta Love That Kid.........

Matt!! Great game!

Bouldin
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

matt for sure - absolutely have to love the way he took over. if anyone has the ability to take over the leadership role of the team down the stretch it's matt - when he gets going it's clear to see the rest of the team gets better as well. i think he can really develop that will to not let his team lose and that is what will keep us playing deep into march.

Default GUnit

Has to be Mr. Pargo. Take away the missed free throws at the end and he played a perfect game.

Matt
    Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional

Quote Originally Posted by LMUZAG View Post
    Great game by a great player!

Side note- Watching the game live, I thought the player who made the biggest difference with his minutes was Josh. The stats do not reflect, but Portland was not the same when he was in the game, especially in the second half.
    Agreed. After Josh went out with foul trouble, Port immediatly went on a scoring run. Coincidence? I think not! Josh was HUGE inside defensively. Just a monster in there.

Matt Bouldin.

Hopefully he can duplicate that on Saturday!

Default The 3 Amigos

The 3 amigos--Matt,Pargo and Gray. All played fantastic

tyra, you make a fair point about Pargo...

but there is now way I'm goin against Bouldin. This is a career night for him, and he is SO FREAKIN STRONG. He was passing, stealing, driving, hitting from outside. He did EVERYTHING.

HM to Pargo.

WAY TO GO MATT!!!! Keep it up.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Default Matt

Bouldin

Default Has the team changed....?

My perception is that the Zags are at their best when Matt is more of the leader/passer/point gaurd and Jeremy is more of a driving scoring gaurd.

Take the pressure off Jeremy of being a point gaurd and tell him to attack the basket hard all game long. Jeremy is a scary offensive threat again, our team needs that!!!!!

Jeremy can continue to grow his point gaurd skills like Daye can grow his strength.

But now is the time to maximize every players ability to drive the opposing coach CRAZY.

Jeremy attacking the rim gets it done.
    Zags - Best sports event ever
    Character - Small Community - and Zags do BB right.

My head says Bouldin but my heart says Pargo. I'm going to go with my heart on this one and vote for Pargo, just 'cause it was so nice to see him playing with a smile on his face again.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post

Ultimately, the GUnit is a popularity contest.

But again, the GUnit is not supposed to be a team award as WooHoo defined quite some time ago. We're supposed to vote for one player.
    Yeah...former's right. I made that rule two seasons ago, and not to take away ANYTHING from the team at all, because WOW, it was an excellent team effort. But the main reason I made that rule was because we were getting votes of a tie between two players, or a tie between 3 players, or we'd get 3 team votes and all of the sudden there were 60 votes, but they'd be spread out with 6 votes to Matt, 5 to Pargo, 6 to Bouldargo, 2 to the entire team, 3 to the starting 5, 1 vote to Grayvelt...etc...
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Matt.

Great starting 5 effort.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Matt is clearly the G-Unit, and that doesn't mean the rest of the team didn't play really great.. it just means Matt played amazing.

Default Silent Assassin

I think it might be fun if we also voted for a "Silent Assassin" of the game. You know, the player who quietly slips the dagger into his opponents heart without much fanfare. For last nights game, I'd vote Steven Gray for silent assassin, for his dunk off a MB(?) feed and for the pass to a cutting MB.

Player of the game goes to the one with EIGHT ASSISTS

Bouldin

Default Team showed chemistry

Gray-- Loose balls and scrapiness
    +
    JH-- Backdoors and dunks
    +
    Daye-- Consistent and silky
    +
    Pargo-- Taking it to the hole with authority (welcome back)
    =

BOULDIN what a great team effort! He is my GUnit.