Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ---GUnit of the Game (Portland)--- 2/5

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

Default Player of the Game?

GU guards!! Awesome play by everyone tonight, great D and even greater shooting, but I got to give it to the guards.
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

If you put the blinders on and look at just the game tonight, it's gotta be Matt.

But take the blinders off, look at a broader time span (say ... a month or so) and it's Jeremy.

Matt has a full tank. He has come of age and there's no stopping him now!

Jeremy has come from wherever it was that he was (temporarily) to be what we all know he can be (That turn-around layup was a thing of beauty. Not to mention numerious drives to the hoop.)

Tonight, I GO PARGO.

(Not many will get the para-phrasing .... other than Bocco. )

I gotta go with matt. Not only the 26 pts but the 8 assists also. He was dishing some dimes tonight for steven and josh. Great game by all

Everyone deserved a piece tonight. Josh played a smart game with the foul trouble, Daye was aggressive on the boards, Gray chased down some cruicial loose balls and offensive boards, Jeremy took the team to task.

But like was said, Matt was doing basically whatever he wanted on the court tonight. It isn't even his impact on the game, necessarily, it was just fun to watch him toy with his defender with that shimmy he does.

Bouldergeist GUnit.
    Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
    You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

Steven Gray.

6-8 from the field... work horse on D and amazing Dunk... GET UP!

Great game by Matt, Pargo, and Austin. Just great games by all of them. I think I have to go with Bouldin, though. He pretty much was the offense in the first half for a stretch when the team was not doing so hot. Then he started facilitating and slowed the scoring. It was a thing of beauty.

Big time welcome back to Pargo, though! Great game by him.

Great job Matt!

Pargo was great but this is Matt's GUnit tonight.

Default That was a thing of Beauty

I was off with the score, but my interpretation of the 7's as a perfect game was right on I think. Wow! We certainlly did what we needed to do to win. I liked our 31 FT attempts to their 20. We made 23 and they made 13. That's how you win on the road. I love how we are attacking the basket. And tonight we even made 8 three's out of 16 attempts for 50%. Now that is very good. WE out rebounded them 33-28 (not a lot of rebounds tonight). Austin's 12 boards were terrific.

All five starters in double figures, and all scoring pretty high. 93 points may be our highest this year. We shot 53.4% from the field (pretty good I'd say). What I loved about this game is that we scored in so many ways. Which is what I was hoping for. It was a night of fireworks for sure. Pargo's 360 lay up was out of this world. Pargo going 2-2 from the 3 pt line is unbelievable. If you told me he was two for two from behind the line, I'd say you were lying. And I don't think he had a tournover. I'd say our ball handling was a huge factor. I think it was like 6 turnovers. Wow!!!

Yes the night was full of great plays. How about Austin diving on the floor, getting the ball, throws it out to Matt I think or Jeremy and either of them hit Josh for a dunk. That was my favorite play of the game. Favorite hustle play. I don't think I've seen Austin on the floor this year, and I think he was down there twice (was Pendo there tonight). Another play I loved was when Matt was running back on D, someone was throwing the ball over his head and he caught it while running away from the passer (does he have eyes in the back of his head). Will Foster making 3 blocks in what was like 2 minutes. Wow. Josh running back door cuts, getting wide open (there's another new offensive play. Few Just keeps 'em coming). Matt cutting through defenders like a running back. Man has he ever learned how to attack the basket. Pargo taking Campbell inside whenever he wanted to. Campbell hits a 3 Pargo comes back down and hit's a three. Campbell played great, but Pargo was better. And that's the bottom line. I also loved it when Matt hit Steven for that back door dunk on the baseline. Nice play. The offense is really coming togehter. We'll now see what it's like on Saturday.

This game,for me, was BETTER THAN any dream I could of had of it. Congrats to all the guys and all the coaches. Way to step up and stay focussed.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Bouldin gets my vote. No contest - he honestly ran the GU offense tonight. Pargo had a great game, but this should be his standard baseline production, not an anomaly - he is too talented to be as dormant as he has been this season.

My last post, which was put here in GUnit of game, was set up to be a new thread...Why was it put here instead? Just curious.

GUnit of the game, if we need one, is Pargo. Matt played great for sure. And as a matter of fact all the starters played great. But I feel that, as someone else said, that this was a game where Pargo really came back. He's been moving in this direction the last three games, and it was all there tonight. He was firing on all cylinders. I don't think he had a turnover. Excellent ball handling. Ran the offense perfectly. It is so good to see him back.

Bouldin

I can't decide...Pargo played like JP of old, Matty was fantastic, JH took over in the second half, AD with another DD, and Steven with the quietest 14pts I have ever seen, I forgot about until that dunk....so gotta go with the starting five!
    “I enjoy coming in and being hated."
    -Matt Bouldin

Heytvelt on how badly GU needed a win: “Like a kid needs his two front teeth for Christmas.”

Matt Bouldin. I am just amazed at his court vision. Those little stutter moves before he goes in for a lay up are absolutely a thing of beauty. That dish to Gray for his dunk was amazing.

I honestly believe he is playing at as high of a level as anyone in the country right now.

Honerable mention to Pargo. If everyone plays as well as they did tonight, we are pretty unstoppable.

Default Team

What a bounty to choose from! Guards dominated, Austin and Josh took over the 2nd half paint, and the Coaches dialed it up too--nice 2nd half D adjustment! I can't choose one, but it feels good.

TEAM!!!

Great job Zags!

Tough call for the g-unit...hmmmm......PARGO..with Matt a close second.

Here's my tribute to the BLACK JERZEYS:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXaZmY52gHM

i have to admit even after a win, this thread bugs me like we lost sometimes. its all about man crushes and favorite players. i know matt and jeremy both played great but this stuff humors me:

Bouldin gets my vote. No contest
    Matt Bouldin and its not close.
    Matt's stat line is just to impressive to not give it to him, with points, assists and steals.
    well not so much you F1 but i threw ya in there anyway. your free to vote for who you want but its funny when people post about someone like they were the only good performer on the floor. that explains the bashing of certain players when they are off, and the love for other players when they play just as bad. pargo had the same amount of steals, less assists but more rebounds, and was as hot in the middle and latter parts of the game as matt was in the first part. anyway, im going to say pargo for showing us hes back. but matt was phenomenal and gray was just flawless.

Default Picking a GUnit

Its almost unfair, I thought that was the best we have played together as a team since the WSU second half. We beat a really good team in a hostile environment, I would be willing to bet that there are a half dozen teams in the top 25 that would have lost that game tonight. And I am not the only one, talked with a bunch of buddies, everyone said, "Zags are back"-- and since I am talking team, and there can be only one GUnit, it all starts in the hands of JP. No offense to Matt, guess we are just getting used to this kind of performance from him. Loved the smiles all around and incredible play by JP on the 180, and the pass from Bouldin to Gray for the dunk was sic.

Default New nickname for the winner???

Matt "BIG GAME" Bouldin! Silence to the haters!

While Pargo had his best game in a long time and Daye had his day....

gotta be Matt Bouldin. The guy never came off the floor, did everything in every category possible and he does what he has to, to win.

He keeps this up, his stock rises for player of the year!

My first vote would be for TEAM. My second vote would be for a split between the guards. If I have to have an individual vote, it would be Matt. I thought that this was a breakout game for JP, but Matt's overall game was also super. And like the announcer said Steven is by far the best player in WCC that does not get noticed. How about his dunk and then the pass that split the defenders for that back door play to Matt. GREAT JOB team.

Bouldin is my G-unit and mid season MVP. The guy does not get down, maintains a good work ethic, and has a solid all around game.

Against Portland, he was either scoring or set up his teammates- led high scores and assists. Plus, the defense was tight.

Starting 5, can't detract from a hard fought well deserved team win.

Wow, impressive Zags. If the same team shows up to play Memphis we'll open up some eyes around the country.

Go!! Zags!!!

As good a game as Pargo had... and it was a heck of a game... we don't win that game without Matt doing almost everything.

Going with Matt on this one... with a HUGE HM for the kid from Chicago.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death