Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ---GUnit of the Game (Portland)--- 2/5

Great game by everybody, and Matty B is my GUnit. Pargo, Gray, Josh, and Austin we also outstanding. No worries, Micah, I think you had one too many ticky-tack foul calls that ate into your playing time. You'll have many more oppertunities to share in the fun!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

My vote goes to the Team Defense. It took all 5 players to make it work.
    If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

Gotta go with Matt.

Pargo was tremendous, GU has fearsome guardplay right now. The starting guards for GU went 7-10 from 3pt line!
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Opponent vote: Matt Bouldin

Besides your team leader, very impressed with his class,composure, and character he displayed. I believe WCC POY if Mills doesnt come back smokin hot. He's a pleasure to watch, even if one want's him to not suceed.

Sore Loser

Matty B. Feel free to tally away woohoo.
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Austin Daye

Bouldin is the obvious choice here. that was the best game ive seen him play ever....

on another note i thought Pargo played really well but i would have to say that Steven Gray is quickly becoming my favorite player on the team. Dunks and smiles down the court, comes up with lose balls, great shooter, and underestimated athletically. i love his attitude out there on the court and its fun to watch him gain more and more confidence. He looks like he's just having fun.
    GO ZAGS

My perception is that the Zags are at their best when Matt is more of the leader/passer/point gaurd and Jeremy is more of a driving scoring gaurd.

Take the pressure off Jeremy of being a point gaurd and tell him to attack the basket hard all game long. Jeremy is a scary offensive threat again, our team needs that!!!!!

Jeremy can continue to grow his point gaurd skills like Daye can grow his strength.

But now is the time to maximize every players ability to drive the opposing coach CRAZY.

Jeremy attacking the rim gets it done.
    BINGO! we have a winner! great post by the way, its spot on. jeremy is too damn good at scoring and attacking to be a pass only leader. doesnt work. allowing all the guards to have there hands on the ball, passing, shooting, etc is the way to go. it allows us to use the guys talents to perfection, plus its so hard to guard. is matt going to pass, or is jeremy or gray going to set up the play? is matt going to drive,or is pargo going to slash to the hoop for a layup, or is gray going to shoot? if we keep the ball moving and let whoever is in position score we are tough to stop.plus no one uses the glass like pargo.

Ultimately, the GUnit is a popularity contest. Our starting 5 had an outstanding game and each, IMO, is deserving of a vote or 2 for this "award".
    i know. thats why i say change the name from GUNIT of the game to "who do heart?" LOL. i know its just for fun but so many people say the same person no matter the game it bugs me. this game there is no GUNIT. if you dont have matt, jeremy, josh, or gray you probably lose.