Thread: Pendo's role next year?

Default Pendo's role next year?

There was a post a little bit ago on annual awards and I picked Pendo as my most improved / surprise player. What a scoring option he turned out to be down the stretch. I know he was recruited as a scorer but evolved more into a role player his first few years (your "all glue guy").

With all our talent coming back/in next year, does anyone see him continuing his role as a scoring option?

I see Pendo coming off the bench but getting as many minutes as some starters. We might not run plays for him but he'll have the green light on open jumpers. Put him down for 8.4 ppoints, 3.2 rbs and 2 assists per game.

given the opportunity, Pendo could be good for 15 pts a game.

Default Pendo's the Captain

Pendo is now the leader of this team, particularly in the all important statistic of floor burns. He needs to be on the court during key junctures of the game, because he's not afraid to take his shot, he's a smart player, and battles on the boards.

Just as Mike Eruzione was not the most skilled player on the 1980 US hockey team, Pendo may not be the most skilled player for the Zags. Still, he needs to be on the court.

I think he will score many a points at the start of the year, but by the time the freshman, LG, Pargo, Downs, Kuso, Bouldin and Heytvelt(we will have Hytvelt) all find the team chemistry, that is if they have at least decent summer, his points will start to decrease. Downs didnt take many shots when he got back from his injury, but he started to take more and more shots. Eventually, he got to a point (I think it was the semifinals in the WCC) where I almost got mad at him for taking too many considering that he was like 4-13 from the field. It seemed like Bouldin started to get this same mentality as well. Pargo did shoot a lot for a while, when he transformed into beasty Pargo, but the last three games of the season, he went back to point guard Pargo. Anyways, my point is that Pendo will be a real threat at the start of the season, but he will be considered as no more than the three point threat like he was this year, a decent rebounder, and a terrific hustler. I would love him to be our go-to-guy like AMMO was, and he really has shown flashes of greatness, but I think that we just have too many quality players on next year's team. He definetly be one of our leaders though. I think he will start out at 15 ppg and work his way down to 8-10. Just my thoughts.
    Master: Tell me, what's better than beating a Tar Heel?

Apprentice: Oh, that's an easy one teach. Beating a Husky

Pendo's role next year will be to show the new players what it means and how to be a Zag. Whether he starts of comes off of the bench he will be the team leader next year and the heart and soul of the team.

As a senior, and the logical "captian" of the team, he WILL start. I expect him to have a great year, all during the year, and will carry around a 14 point average for the season, and probably have a new career scoring high of over 25 somewhere during the year.