Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GUnit of the game--Santa Clara

Default GUnit of the game--Santa Clara

Can't way any longer for gozagswoohoo, I'm way to pumped.

I'd like to give the GUnit to the whole team, but I'm going with Jeremy Pargo. He's all the way back now, folks. What a complete victory, thank you Zags! I love the blowouts--I've got enough stress in my life!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Where do you start?

Pargo, Daye, Ira?

My gut says Pargo-this could be the solid ground that he's been looking to land on....
    Last edited by McZag; 01-16-2009 at 04:47 AM.
    Gonzaga Basketball
    Exhibiting Character Since 1907

Tough one tonight. You had Bouldin going off in the first half, then Daye blowing up in the 2nd half.

But I agree, it was nice to see Jeremy regain his dishpan hands and he damn near got that triple double: 11 pts, 10 asts, 6 rbs. You, sir, are tonight's G-Unit!
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Like I said in the gametime thread, this game can be called:

How Pargo got his groove back!
    11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
    "Make it yourself"
    "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
    "Okay"

I'll go with Austin Daye not only did he lead the team in points but fought hard on the boards as well.

Based on the efficiency statistic, Austin Daye.

Daye 25.5
    Bouldin 22
    Gray 19.5
    Downs 18.5
    Pargo 17
    Heytvelt 11
    Brown 8
    Goodson 3
    Foster 2
    Sorenson 1.5
    P-Maag 0

Zag Total 128 (season high, previous high 125.5 vs. Texas Southern)
    Bronco Total 34 (4th lowest of the season)

Bryant efficiency 15 (season avg. 25.33/gm)

Austin Daye: 20 points, 7 rebounds, and a block in 17 minutes? Got to be Austin for me!

Got to love this pic of Ira's dunk, though!

I'll go with Bouldin with Gray a close second. Austin had a great second half, but the game was all over in the first half. Micah also deserves recognition. All in all this was a great team effort.
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

Micah Downs. Came in to spell the early foul trouble of Austin and set the tone. He continues to be a great sixth man...doing all of the little things.

WILL FOSTER rejected bryant on one end of the floor, was diving on the floor Mark spink style on the subsequent possession, and then played with confidence. Sure, 4 players can score 20, but this was a great confidence booser for will for than anyone IMO.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

I love the pic ZagNative of Ira. LOL LOL More than the pic of Ira I like the faces of the fans. Their faces tell the whole story. I like the guy standing up with both arms high in the air, and that look on his face. If I had an image of myself as a fan, that guy would be it. I haven't seen the game yet, but I think the fans deserve some kudos...
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

HEY!! WAIT A MINUTE!

Us poor souls on Seattle Comcast haven't even seen the game yet. FSN won't start the delayed broadcast for another 20 minutes or so.

But while watching the Lady Zags game on CBS College Sports, they did post the men's score of something like 95-53 with 1:20 to go. Right then and there, I said to myself, "I got to stay up and watch this!" (Even though I'm recording it and can watch it anytime.)

By the way...... Lady Zags were slow to start, but then poured it on.

GO LADY ZAGS!!

So I can't yet vote for a GUnit. But all your posts make me excited about watching the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagineer View Post
    HEY!! WAIT A MINUTE!

Us poor souls on Seattle Comcast haven't even seen the game yet. FSN won't start the delayed broadcast for another 20 minutes or so.
    Sorry, bro, but the game was on live in Seattle on Comcast -- on ch. 117
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Micah Downs played unselfish and did all of the little things to help the team win.

Quote Originally Posted by FuManShoes View Post
    Sorry, bro, but the game was on live in Seattle on Comcast -- on ch. 117
    WTH!!

KIRO Retro Television Network?? How the HECK did you ever find out that!!!

We (collectively, the GU Boards) got to work on our communication network, ....... or, ..... maybe I got to read more posts.

Thanks, Fu. I'll be up till midnight, but then again, I planned it all along.

Micah. He did so many things when he first came in. Steal, took a charge, gave an assist and just played super. But then everyone did.

bartruff1 Guest

Default Google calls Matt because he is the ANSWER !!

Quote Originally Posted by Bocco View Post
    I'll go with Bouldin with Gray a close second. Austin had a great second half, but the game was all over in the first half. Micah also deserves recognition. All in all this was a great team effort.
    I see it the same way, Matty won the game ....the others played well...

Default all Daye, and Bouldin gets a honorable mention and IRA gets the ESPN time he promised

all Daye Gunit, Bouldin gets a honorable mention and IRA gets the ESPN time he promised.

So Ira... like Walt and Bob - finishes things.

Micah Downs, SCARY ATHLETIC INTENSITY
    3 REBOUNDS, 3 ASSISTS, 2 STEALS, 3 BLOCKS, 0 TURNOVERS
    The eye of the tiger.
    Zags - Best sports event ever
    Character - Small Community - and Zags do BB right.

Very difficult pick - really impossible - Steven and Matt are playing with so much confidence right now and they set the tone early and that was all she wrote folks. Their confidence is spreading to others, particularly Micah and Austin. I think even Pargo is beginning to feel the pull. Terrific ball movement and penetration on offense and good man to man, ball hawking defense. What a switch from just a few weeks ago - hardly can believe its the same team.

Default Micah!!!

Without a doubt! Stats above, plus he had the timing. Austin quickly with 2 fouls- he came in and changed the entire tone of the game. He and Ira both had the intensity knob on full blast. Loved Ira's dunk competition, but the game was well over by then. For the same reason I cannot vote for AD. Steven came out on FIRE, and takes a close 2nd. JP and MB great games, but this was Micah not pouting and coming in with a mindset!

The Gonzaga coaching staff.

This team was well prepared. It made great progress in the areas where it had been deficient during the slump.
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Default Downs

DOWNS...6th man of the century (sarcasm)

Zags played very good. Game was over with nearly 3/4 of game left so some offensive numbers are inflated. However, Downs coming in for Austin at the 17:20 mark set the tone.

Sorry for being long winded but watching Downs involvment from the 17:20 mark to 1319 was a treat and should be revisited....Score was 6-6 when Downs comes in...he then is involved in some way, shape or form on BOTH sides of the ball up until Pargo sits at the 13:19 mark...at that time the score is 25-10. And the zags are feeling it. Downs went something like, Assist to Josh, next possesion he scores two free throws, next he causes TO with half court trap, next possesion he gets an offensive rebound on missed free throw which leads to 3pt bucket, then takes charge on next D possesion, then gets a steal, gets a layup, then gets the next D rebound. He was involved in EVERYTHING! Great ENERGY!!!
    TM

Quote Originally Posted by Zagineer View Post
    WTH!!
    KIRO Retro Television Network?? How the HECK did you ever find out that!!!
    We (collectively, the GU Boards) got to work on our communication network, ....... or, ..... maybe I got to read more posts.
    Thanks, Fu. I'll be up till midnight, but then again, I planned it all along.
    I must share with all KUDOS TO COMCAST!!

When I went to CBS College Sports channel 412, the only thing I saw was Flag Football!! Needless to say, I was pissed!!

In checking my Comcast DVR, I realized that it had actually recorded the game, even though it changed channels.

Lessons Learned: When setting the DVR to record, its best to go with the Program Schedule rather than manual times and station, so when they pull a fast "switch erwooo", you will still record what you wanted to record.

Something to think about.

I'm going ira based on making sportscenters top ten alone!