Thread: Zags have to play much better in 2nd

Default Zags have to play much better in 2nd

Those touchy feely finesse bunnies, instead of dunks, and inability to finish near the hoop is costing Gonzaga big-time.

Zags are not playing well. Down by 5 at half.

Like in my original post on this game, GU has only been hurt/beaten once this year (at SMC) by bigs. It's always the guards' 3-point shooting and GU's lack of commitment to contest them.

Deja vu all over again.

Not playing smart - must know your teammates - can't pass to Kuso on the break.

Okay, tougher defense and stronger finishes, or it ends here.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

For as poorly as we played at times, with various turnovers and silly missed shots and some poor decisions, I'm amazed we're not getting our azzes kicked. Indiana's a tough, physical team, but they don't have that killer instinct that would have buried us in the first half.

We look tense and tentative to me.

And that surprises me. This team has had plenty of big games. They should be calmer.

Playing about as timid and apprehensive as I have seen them this year. They are making Indiana look real good.

I also think Sampson teams have a way of frutrating their opponents. Some of our look might just be that instead of nerves.

I beg to differ, a Sampson team doesn't make our guys inside decide to put up a pathetic soft layup when they should throw it down.

Yeh, those issues are not really defensible. We're really making some crazy mistakes right under the basket.