Thread: Xavier

Default Xavier

Just watched Xavier-Cincy -- Xavier's sportmanship is pathetic. The in-your-face technicals are not what college basketball or sportmanship in any setting is about. Xavier's coach should be ashamed of some of his players.

I don't know that you can judge an entire program by a game against it's arch rival.

I'm not in favor of poor sportsmanship -- but my educated guess is today was the exception, rather than the rule.

im not a big fan of X's coach's actions myself, so its not a surprise to me the team would act a certain way. BUT again, its sports and at any level sportsmanship goes out the window quickly depending on the situation.

I hear ya, but I don't see (for example) WSU-GU or GU-UW ever acting that way. Guys like Tony Bennett and Mark Few would never let it go -- especially head-butting. And five T's in one game -- come on.

Six T's, I believe.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

full agreement. and thats where i think the coach comes into the picture.

Default What happened?

Some kind of fight? If so, does the NCAA not mandate player suspensions for upcoming games?

I watched that game and both teams were just as bad. Yes they are cross town rivals but this was beyond that. And both coaches should be fined and suspended for they did nothing to reign it in. Very deplorable. Mark Few would have benched his players for that sort of behavior. Really a shame.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
    Those who understand binary and those who do not.
    "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO

E .· ` ' / ·. F
    The FOO fuels me.

Man, do I want to drill these thugs tonight...