Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: - - -GUnit of The Game- - - (WSU)

I will say right now we don't win this game without Pargo's leadership.

Jeremy Pargo #2. My GUnit of the game.

Hard choice between Pargo and Josh. Both had a great game!
    After really thinking it through, I will go with Pargo. Wish it could be split between the two of them.

Default Pargo

Josh got most his points after we had a nice lead. Jeremy got his points and assists in taking us to that lead.

Pargo by a whisker over Josh.

Pargo
    with mega props to Josh

These two are really on their game right now and have a terrific "supporting cast"

Pargo. Charging buffalo five star floor general.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Josh. Pargo was great, however.

Pargo.

And Josh as runner up if for some reason Jeremy cannot fulfill his unit duties.

Pargo. Played cool and ran the show. My favorite player right now, which is saying a lot considering all the amazing dunks Josh is getting.

I also loved the brilliant press Few put in place the second half. I vote for this as the GUnit tactic of the game.

Pargo... he did a great job leading the way.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Josh...Josh was pretty incredible tonight. I think he had 18 second half points. He just is so confident right now. I was really anxious to see the match up between Josh and Baynes. Josh 22, Baynes 10, and Josh Dominated him. Not in muscle, but in athleticism. Beast vs athlete who is also big. I take the athlete, Like Josh every time. I think the key to the game was Josh dominating. Yes, Pargo was making the assists but josh was running the floor and slammin 'em home. I love to see Josh's hustle up the court.

Pargo had a great game and he did ignite the Zags the second half. He is an incredible FIRE STARTER. He did light the fire tonight, but Josh fanned the flame and turned a small fire into a bonfire. If you like total domination, I go with Josh because he was one guy who never let up on the Cougs. He was the one that I felt wanted to dig the dagger in them very deep. He wanted to make a statement, and he did. GREAT GAME JOSH AND JEREMY.

The year of Redemption.....This game washed away the memories of two consecutive losses, and horrible games by the Zags.

Gunit Josh
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Pargo.

josh, pargo. pargo, josh. pargo, josh, pargo, dammit! josh had the pts, but pargo ran such an efficient game. when josh was out we still scored, without pargo we were stuck at 13 forever. so ill say pargo 1a josh 1b.

I cannot say how impressed I have been with Pargo this year.

He gets my vote. He played another great, great game.

I'm going with Pargo. He deserves a Gunit already!!!

I have to go with Few and the whole coaching staff....bringing out the press to start the 2nd half worked so well....but as far as players....Pargo, JH, and then Daye for staying with it
    “I enjoy coming in and being hated."
    -Matt Bouldin

Heytvelt on how badly GU needed a win: “Like a kid needs his two front teeth for Christmas.”

Talking

The fact that there's such a spirited debate says it all - this is a balanced, deep team with great coaching. There's always someone ready to pick up the slack when adversity hits. I imagine Romar's puppies are relieved UW tapped-out of this series to avoid further embarrassment.

So it's 8 of the last 10 against WSU and 8 of the last 9 against the Fuskies

Josh
    I miss Mike Hart

Default #2

Pargo Show. No doubt. Josh was great at helping pull the zags away, but that second half doesn't happen if the zags aren't feeling semi confident after the first half. Pargo kept us in the game in the first half and showed the kind of efficiency and timely shot selection that leads to deep March runs. Three years ago I would cringe when he tore into the lane because 50% or more of the time he was out of control, he is now the most composed and intelligent player on the court making every one better. We have one of the best floor generals in the country.

pargo

wow, that was fun
    The following is a list of nicknames...
    the great mustachio,
    the tall ninja,
    Sgt. Awesome"

Josh & Jeremy, impressive Zags, what a victory. Mini-me blahla pointed out to me he missed the actual score by only 5 points while I was off by 10. Another great defensive effort. Wow!

Go!! Zags!!!

Default J.

Pargo

I'm pretty torn between Pargo and Heytvelt, considering Pargo was consistent throughout the whole game, and Heytvelt killed the second half. But I'm going to have to give it to....

HEYTVELT

As much as I would like to give it to Pargo, considering he had another double double, Heytvelt came through when we needed him most. He put most of our second half points, as well as had three key steals.

G-Unit of the game goes to Heytvelt. Great game overall.

Default JP for GUnit

Pargo has skills.
    Chicks like guys with skills.

However, comma, I was duely impressed with Josh's attitude last night. He was calm, collected, and let his game do the talking. Some say he never left, but I'll argue that heeee's baaAAAaack!!

~B

Default Team

What a great team effort! Everyone contributed big time, both on O and D - just what I've been waiting for. Have to say Pargo for his leadership. JH was great. How about Matty - three I.V.s before the game? Looks like maybe we've learned to put the hammer down. Super team effort, super coaching. Wow!