Thread: Way to go Heather

Default Way to go Heather

SAN BRUNO, Calif. - (Dec. 1, 2008 - www.GoZags.com <http://www.GoZags.com> ) Gonzaga University women's basketball player Heather Bowman has been tabbed as the West Coast Conference Player of the Week for the second-straight week as announced by the conference office Monday, Dec. 1.

Bowman, a 6-2 forward, led the Bulldogs to a 2-1 weekend and the WBCA Classic title by averaging 17.7 points and 7.7 rebounds while shooting 41.7 percent from the floor.

Bowman struggled slightly in Gonzaga's opening three-point loss to Marquette University. The Spokane native finished with eight points and seven rebounds. She bounced back to score a game-high 27 points on 7-for-17 field goal shooting and 13-of-15 shooting at the free throw line, along with having six boards and three steals in the Zags 60-55 victory over the University of Utah. Bowman then posted a double-double of 18 points and 10 rebounds to lead Gonzaga past then -No.15 University of Virginia 69-62 in the final game of the WBCA Classic. The victory over the Cavaliers was the first against an Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) school and the second-ever over a ranked opponent.

For her efforts, Bowman was named the Most Valuable Player of the tournament.

This is Bowman's seventh career WCC Player of the Week honor and the Bulldogs third-straight of the season.
    Note to WCC be afraid be very afraid.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
    Those who understand binary and those who do not.
    "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO

E .· ` ' / ·. F
    The FOO fuels me.

Way to go, Heather!
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Smile Heather - Queen of the Court!

I am proud to say this is the 7th season of watching Heather Bowman for Oldsport. I watched her develop her style at L-C for 4 years. When I heard that she had signed with GU I jumped around like some kind of nut. I knew the prize that GU had. She will continue to rewrite the record book.

Now, some may think that Heather is playing at a level that could not be improved on for next year....wrong!...I also know Katelan Redmon. I watched Katelan for four years at L-C. She is a star player by her on right. I know that Heather along with Katelan will be the best one/two knockout punch in the history of the Lady Zags. My friends, the best of Heather is yet to come.

Congratulations Heather! You are the Queen on Bowman Court!
    The players, coaches come and go, it's the Ladies Basketball program that endures!