Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: - - -Gunit of The Game- - - (Tennessee)

G-UNIT= GRAY

You knew his game was coming around,smooth stroke

Steven Gray, he led the way!
    "Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck..."

I have to go with Josh. He played a great game. Took what Tenessee gave him and led with maturity. Did anyone notice again it was Josh who pulled Daye back when he was going to complain to the ref. He calmed Austin down and has the same affect on the entire team. Great to see how focused he is.

We have such a great TEAM this year - all those woes of last year seem to be mere memories!

My GUnit has to be Gray - not only for this game but for his continued effort and absolutely no pouting or dramatics, even though he was in a slump. Love his manner.

Shout out to Coach Few for his great coaching so far this year!

Pargo and Downs get my vote for co-units of the Tourney... They were studs night in and night out... Big props to Josh for his maturity and leadership. Man I love these guys!

And Matty and Meech and Austin and Ira! and Rob have all made great contributions... What a year it is going to be!

Gray broke out in a big way. I loved to see the smile on his face. I think that he knew he was feeling it and was pumped to have it back just in time. Makes you realize how much we will need his outside shooting if we want to get past the first (and hopefully second) weekend.

Default Gray for the Game

Gray for MVP of this game. Jeremy for the Tourney. But it was such a superb Team effort. I LOVED being there.

I would like to say the TEAM, but since that is lot allowed, I will also go with Steven.

You all are so anxious to pick a star, guess what tonight we had about five or six of them. Everyone did their JOB. I ahve never been happier than when Fran F. stated that. the zags have five (5) guys on the floor that could give you twenty points in any given game. And now that I've thought about it its probably near six, as Meech could go off at any time also. This is the best GU TEAM I think we have put on the court. Hats off to the whole squad!
    [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
    ― Scottie Pippen

Steven Gray!

Gray but Pargo and JH close behind....I also thought JH could have been OSC MVP
    “I enjoy coming in and being hated."
    -Matt Bouldin

Heytvelt on how badly GU needed a win: “Like a kid needs his two front teeth for Christmas.”

I'm a huge Gray fan, but my G-Unit would have to be Pargo. He ran the show completely, and it's great to see him and Josh keeping the team focused out there. Gotta love the team win and from a pure fan perspective--that was quite a dunk fest. I don't know if I can remember all of them but I'll try:

Josh
    Pargo (2)
    Gray
    Downs
    Ira! -- I thought the basket was coming down.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

I'm going with Gray, but only because Josh didn't get enough touches to have a chance to earn it.

p.s. And he would have earned it.

Default Pargo

G Unit has to be more then scoring. Everyone has a role and Steven did great! I'm very happy for him. But the game is more then scoring and Jeremy is the leader of this team! No doubt. Shout out to my player Matty B. Great steal and assist in 1st half. It set the tone of competing for doing whatever it takes to get a win.

im a sucker for good shooters and steven gray's threes were very important in halting tennessee's momentum....

the shooting slump remedy...keep shooting....

Pargo
    TM

Gotta be Steven Gray. But, as usual, Pargo played a great game.

I cannot say how impressed I've been with Pargo this year. He is just a great, great point guard.

Gray.

After a lot of thought I have to go with Pargo.

Major props to Heytvelt and Gray for several big plays executed perfectly.

Much respect to the Vols; those guys are a handful.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

So much fantastic play out there today (well, I guess yesterday now...) and a lot of it was stuff that didn't show up in the box score. It's tough to single out any one player.

I'm giving my vote to Pargo for being the conductor that (most often) orchestrated such a great win, but Gray was amazing and Bouldin was fantastic (esp with ball-handling), Micah really was the glue that held everything together, and Heytvelt was one of the most steady, mature guys out there (man, his interior D was something else, especially when he was in foul trouble - hardly a fault to be found). Ira was a monster when he was in (too bad about the foul trouble). Heck, even Rob deserves a shout out for being the tough fill-in the team needed in the post - I can't imagine Tenn is an easy squad to see in your 3rd game back from injury when you've barely been able to practice.

Gray.

repost: Gray. Glad to see him bust out of his shooting slump.

Gray has also been very mature in his approach as he was playing as hard as possible within the midst of his shooting slump.

Default Boulidn

You all are crazy. Without Matt Bouldin tonight, we lose.

my g unit for the game is Heytvelt he dominated the interior
    GO ZAGS

Gray. woohoo, feel free to tally the votes.
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Quote Originally Posted by UberZagFan View Post
    Gray. woohoo, feel free to tally the votes.
    Wow... forgot that Uber was the caboose on the GUnit train.

Tally away woohoo.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death