Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: --GUnit of The Game-- (OK ST)

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Ira. I've mentioned this before, but he is a really good perimeter defender. He contains the dribble drive well, he gets his hands in passing lanes, and he's just about the best guy on the team on close outs.
    Ira's block was HUGE on that 3.

gotta go micah- 17 and 13 can't go unnoticed

Default Downs !!!

Possibly the best Downs and Bouldin have played together in a game. They y found each other well on the back door cuts. We can really score just have to shoot the ball better.

Micah AGAIN! What a stud!

Ira gets Honorable Mention and Bouldin really brought it in the end. Great Gutty win guys!

I agree with someone on the game thread - the was a time not too long ago that we would have totally whiffed that game away. We have come a long way!

Micah....solid game

Micah and his double double

Quote Originally Posted by Ezag View Post
    downs and bouldin got my vote
    Am I the only one who thinks Bouldin was miserable until the end of the game when he made a couple jumpers? He couldn't finish at the rim to save his life.

Quote Originally Posted by whatazag View Post
    Micah. Ira disqualified himself by getting stuffed by the rim.
    That spill was brutal.

Micha He just plays with a feel, a look, maybe its confidence, both O and D, that I wish our other "important" players would copy. If everyone had equal points I would still pick Micah. No pouting or theatrics - he just plays the game.... very well.

Runner up - definitely Ira! (we need to keep that (!) behind his name because he definitely brings excitement. He interjects energy when we need it.

A "quiet" 17 & 13. That is impressive. Downs.

bartruff1 Guest

Default Downs

Ira was a spark...Pargo and Matt were very good (and bad) in spots...but get real, Mica was the unit !!

Default Downs is my choice!

Ira had a huge impact off the bench, but 17 and 13 is too big of a stat line to not acknowledge.

Based on the efficiency rating for the game, Downs by a landslide.

Downs 24
    Daye 17
    Pargo 15.5
    Bouldin 12
    Brown 8
    Gray 7.5
    Heytvelt 7
    Sacre 3
    Goodson 1
    Foster 1

Gotta go with Downs. Nice hustle and he made his &@#%&! free throws (would have been a blow-out if everyone else did). Honorable mention to Pargo. Nice job scoring and distributing. Not quite as good at stopping the dribble penetration.

Ira!

Micah..although I thought it was a great team effort tonight.

First I think that Ira did a great job in showing why GU has brought him here and gave the team solid minutes. He helped turn the tide when others were in foul trouble. This shows why a team needs so many extra pieces to make a championship run. Also Matt came back after a mediocre first half, and took them apart down low.
    But the winner has to be Micah. I think this could have been his best game as a Zag.

Methow, WA (near a known Mark Few fishing hole)

I'm going with Micah on this one. He was a killer on the boards and kept us in the game when we were down. Very solid game. Pleased that Ira had his breakout game, but he gets an honorable mention on this one.

Ira turnned the game around. Got to give him the game. That being sad. Micah is our main main so far this season.
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep - not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Micah. The right type of a guy to snag rebounds in a game filled with a lot of missed threes (always more difficult for the bigs).

I feel pretty good about my prediction earlier in the season that Ira would contribute. He's hustled every game, and now knows what the staff demands. Solid literally and figuratively.

First I think that Ira did a great job in showing why GU has brought him here and gave the team solid minutes. He helped turn the tide when others were in foul trouble. This shows why a team needs so many extra pieces to make a championship run. Also Matt came back after a mediocre first half, and took them apart down low.
    But the winner has to be Micah. I think this could have been his best game as a Zag.

Micah Downs wins POG this time, and I rather expect him to the MVP for the whole year. It seems that he has matured as a person and a player, and he has great upside. Ira certainly had a big impact on the game, and deserves honorable mention. Pargo was solid - thank God we have him. I'm afraid we have some guys with talent who are not yet ready to be prime time. But, it is early in the year. I think Steven Gray just had an off game - he'll be awesome in many games this year. As he goes, maybe we go.

Heytvelt remains a mystery to me, and Daye HAS to toughen up. He is a long way from the NBA right now. I like these guys, so am rooting for them.

Overall, the free throw shooting was horrible, and I doubt that will be as bad again. SO, I'm optimistic. Bring on Maryland.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    A "quiet" 17 & 13. That is impressive. Downs.
    and 0 turnovers. 1 of Micahs best as a Zag.

Downs was the man tonight.

downs. a lot of guys gave us solid games tonight but 17 and 13 probably made the most difference.