Thread: Happy New Year Foo, May 2020 Die a Quick, Embarrassing Death

Default Happy New Year Foo, May 2020 Die a Quick, Embarrassing Death

Maybe the only thing we have to be really happy for (as a group here) is we didn't lose anyone or get to the point we were saying big prayers for anyone. (Yet. The U.S. is 3-5 months from being "out of this" ... wear a mask)

I had a good year professionally, but that's winding down now, too - we all knew it was coming, so ...

But man this year was awful.

Happy NEW Year.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

2020 has been exhausting, exasperating, agonizing. It sucked rocks. It was the Charlie Brown Christmas tree of years. It felt like an uninterrupted barrage of 9/11's. Here's how fcked up 2020 is:

A pharmacist at a Wisconsin hospital has been arrested and accused of intentionally removing more than 500 doses of coronavirus vaccine from refrigeration last week, knowing that the vaccines would be rendered useless and that the people receiving them would think they were protected against the virus when they were not, the police department in Grafton, Wisconsin, said Thursday.

The hospital administered some of the doses before realizing that they had been spoiled, the hospital system said.

The pharmacist, a man whom the police did not name, was arrested on recommended charges of first degree recklessly endangering safety, adulterating a prescription drug and criminal damage to property, all felonies. He is being held in the Ozaukee County jail.
    https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/12...acist-arrested
    Last edited by RenoZag; 12-31-2020 at 06:43 PM.

2020 started off bad for us (pre-pandemic) and while it has definitely had its moments of good, I'm very happy that 2020 is over.
    Happy New Year! I hope you're all happy and healthy in 2021!

I will say that being home working with my two girls schooling from home has been a real blessing. I don’t think dads get a lot of opportunity to really be involved with their daughters’ lives so closely during their high school years. We all truly developed a great friendship aspect to our relationships which would not have happened otherwise.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I will say that being home working with my two girls schooling from home has been a real blessing. I don’t think dads get a lot of opportunity to really be involved with their daughters’ lives so closely during their high school years. We all truly developed a great friendship aspect to our relationships which would not have happened otherwise.
    I am so happy for you, and DZ, for that opportunity. It just has to be wonderful. I know I missed it...by a mile.
    It's not funny.

" It was the best of times and the worst of times " .....I don't believe 2020 changed America ...... it exposed it....and it remains to be seen if this year brings any healing.....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    " It was the best of times and the worst of times " .....I don't believe 2020 changed America ...... it exposed it....and it remains to be seen if this year brings any healing.....
    How things go in DC on January 6th will tell us a lot about the state of the republic.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    How things go in DC on January 6th will tell us a lot about the state of the republic.
    A optimist sees a glass half full.....a pessimist sees a glass half empty......

A Engineer sees a glass with twice the capacity it needs.....

Lol
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

A poor man sees someone with a glass.
    It's not funny.

2021 is starting out well.

A few days ago, I noticed a game camera along a trail in the woods behind my neighborhood. It was labeled as property of Oregon State University.

This morning, I was hiking with my dogs in those same woods. I turned around, because one of them was lagging behind. I found myself staring back at the camera and my dog who was dropping a massive deuce in the middle of the trail with his butt pointed directly at the camera. I went back and dutifully removed the deposit from the trail to prevent Oregon State University from forming unfavorable opinions of me.

About twenty minutes later, we provided another show for researchers at OSU. I once again turned around to look back at the same dog who was lagging behind, yet again. This time, he was rolling in something on the side of the trail. I went back to collect him and he stubbornly refused to come and refused to stop rolling in whatever smelly treasure he had discovered. I bent over to leash him and he squirmed away in an effort to continue rolling in the mud or whatever it was. I realized that we were on the camera and that I had exposed a nice shot of plumber’s crack to the camera which was roughly fifteen feet behind me.

Cheers to 2021.

Capitol Building is on lockdown. Trump is tweeting. Networks are tripping all over themselves. . .smdh. . .

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Good Lord what an unholy day. 2020 has long tentacles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I think 2021 just asked 2020 to hold its beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    I think 2021 just asked 2020 to hold its beer.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

This was a horrific day.

I am not sure the gravity has hit me yet. It's bigger than I think, I "think."

Yeah, I put these first 3 weeks as part of 2020 and then we'll see.

Meanwhile, COVID does its biological duty and had a great day.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

"When women and cattle get restless....there is trouble brewing"....my Grandfather warned me...

I was up early and made popcorn......how in the world when a couple old farts thousands of miles from the Capitol could see this coming and yet the people responsible for protecting the Capitol could not......???

It is amazing that no one has come forward with press conference as yet.... in the normal course of events there would be a dozen officials waiting their turn to tell us that " It is a ongoing investigation so we can't say anything ". And so it begins....