Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2767737475767778 LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 1929

Thread: What's your weather like today?

sunny and 61
    Bring back the OCC

Mid 80s but it feels like it's 250* because I have a cold and the congestion is making it hard to breath.

Mosquitoes have become a full-blown weather pattern in my neighborhood.
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

low 60's, cloudy, a few times it has drizzled
    Bring back the OCC

72 and sunny
    Bring back the OCC

We haven't had rain, but some storm clouds rolled by and cooled things off, now I'm watching lightning bolts all across the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    We haven't had rain, but some storm clouds rolled by and cooled things off, now I'm watching lightning bolts all across the horizon.
    We are either sunny 90-96 and high humidity

Or 88 and thundering, one or the other, every day.

The only breeze ever is with thunder storms.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    We are either sunny 90-96 and high humidity

Or 88 and thundering, one or the other, every day.

The only breeze ever is with thunder storms.
    The other weekend when it was in the mid 90s we had thunder just from the heat. It was really cool because I've never really seen anything like it. Dave was out of town so we had my friend and her son over for a sleepover and I made a little firepit so we could make s'mores. We went outside after I put the baby down and it was still mostly light out, no threatening looking clouds but as we were making the s'mores we heard thunder. Just one slightly gray whispy cloud traveled over our house but it wasn't a rain cloud, just thundering occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    The other weekend when it was in the mid 90s we had thunder just from the heat. It was really cool because I've never really seen anything like it. Dave was out of town so we had my friend and her son over for a sleepover and I made a little firepit so we could make s'mores. We went outside after I put the baby down and it was still mostly light out, no threatening looking clouds but as we were making the s'mores we heard thunder. Just one slightly gray whispy cloud traveled over our house but it wasn't a rain cloud, just thundering occasionally.
    Cool!

Happens 2-3x a week down here.

Heat alone, updrafts, you can watch them build up.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Skies are getting darker and darker. Something wicked this way comes. But as I have learned... with the darkness comes light. The darker it gets, in my estimation, the heavier the rain when it starts to brighten. Based on current skies... I am expecting buckets.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

The weather was beautiful today, high of 80, beautiful blue sky with white puffy clouds. We went kayaking at the lake, G got to use his new kayak for the first time and no one ended up in the water!

The good rain....a very rare shower this morning cooling the temps down from 100 to a very pleasant for hiking 65.....

Those afternoon pop-up thunderstorms that dump 2 inches of water in an hour. This cloud, that has been POURING rain for an hour, has already shut my internet down for a good part of it (satellite is all available out here) AND is threatening to cut off the first pre-season game of my beloved Saints.

Yes, I love the Saints, such that even when living in Seahawk country for 6 years, I still followed the Saints. I will even watch a first Preseason game.

That's desperation for football.

It is coming. We're now 19 days from opening college game.
    Mark Twain.

Got in my car, car said 108

Drove 5 minutes, car said 100

Car is usually 2 degrees hotter than official temp.

Official temp thus about 98

Heat index for 98 today is 113

Great day to sit inside, with a big bowl of soup, and warm up by …. wait, ice lemonade and do your work next to the AC

My dog has a sign around his neck "Kill me" - - he's taken care of this afternoon, ice water and fan in garage.
    Mark Twain.

I just got back from a lunch run. Weather was perfect. Sunny with a few clouds and light breeze and 72 degrees.
    Bring back the OCC

Worst day I have ever had in terms of heat index: At 12:10, 2 hour prior to max temps, it is:

98 degrees

Heat Index: 125

They just canceled all outside activities until 8:00 p.m., high school football cannot practice until under the lights, other sports can practice indoors. Pet alert, Granny even let me bring the dog in the laundry room - it's that serious. Dog in a coma, having not slept well in forever.
    Mark Twain.

Worst day I have ever had in terms of heat index: At 12:10, 2 hour prior to max temps, it is:

98 degrees

They just canceled all outside activities until 8:00 p.m., high school football cannot practice until under the lights, other sports can practice indoors. Pet alert, Granny even let me bring the dog in the laundry room - it's that serious. Dog in a coma, having not slept well in forever.
    Damn, man.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

98 degrees

Brutal! You should spend your summers in the NW.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    Brutal! You should spend your summers in the NW.
    Well, I did spend near 3 weeks with my daughter up in Spokane.

It was an odd trip. But, we did note, MANY times, "Doesn't it feel great walking outside and not having your shirt wet in 5 minutes?
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    Damn, man.
    I had that wrong. But close.

At the time, the temp was 98, and it would top out at 101, and at 101 - THAT was the point the heat index was above 120, and I looked around and there is a LOT of variability on heat indexes, some were as low as 115, but some mid 120s, it all depends on humidity and with humidity so high, it can vary within 20 miles.

Two people died today in Hattiesburg, both riding a mower (older people) and poiice were rounding up sick/dead stray dogs.

I saw a buck on the side of the road, we never see deer during the day (hunting season is Always open to SOME people in MS), we see them at night, and I thought, "What the hell is he doing out today of all days …" and then it hit me. Dude was going to get water, out of desperation, he couldn't wait till night.

It was bad.

Good news, tomorrow it goes to 98, but then mid-afternoon we expect thunderstorms and a "cold front" brining temps down all the way toooo, 93 the next day. And you'll never feel so good about 93 in your life.

It IS nice to walk outside in flip flops on Dec. 28th and get the mail in shorts, but I am not positive it is worth it. Ask me this January.
    Mark Twain.

I should note, my dog wasn't in an actual coma. He was deeply asleep on an air conditioned floor in the coolest room of the house, and probably felt good for the first time in 6 months, and slept, deeply, for 4 hours, dreams, all that. Kinda funny.
    Mark Twain.

Another perfect day in Seattle, sunny and 75. I walked to T-Mobile Park to pick something up for my dad. I wish I didn't have to come back to work.
    Bring back the OCC

85 in Shelton. Nap time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

70's to 80's

WE have had about 10 solid days without much rain (couple showers with big clouds is all) and temps 96 or above.

I keep my flower garden so well watered, and yet about 1/3 of them are wilting off now, just too long a sustained run, not enough water on earth, either kill them with excess water or sun.

One forecast I read says 97 tomorrow and sunny, ,the other says 93 and rainy. That makes absolutely no sense. I do know which one better plan for.
    Mark Twain.