Page 74 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2068

Thread: What's your weather like today?

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Do it the 2nd weekend of September. All kids back in school. The prettiest time of year. Mildest weather everywhere. I did it, and my family will never forget it.

When you find yourself driving through Iowa thinking you've found Eden, you know it's the best time of year.
    I realized the other day that any vacation I take with my wife will be when kids are out of school for at least the next 20 years until she retires. I love the time off she gets as a teacher, but man would it be nice if we could pick when she got to take it.
    Bring back the OCC

Fall and Spring are best for road trips in a RV even to Alaska for me.....I am trying to get to the desert and would like to go down the coast to Santa Barbara and then East...but there always seems to be a storm or a flood or a fire ….screwy weather...

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Fall and Spring are best for road trips in a RV even to Alaska for me.....I am trying to get to the desert and would like to go down the coast to Santa Barbara and then East...but there always seems to be a storm or a flood or a fire ….screwy weather...
    If I won the Powerball, I'd buy one of those "Bus" type RVs, put a Subaru behind it, and be anywhere from Cabo to Denali Nat Park, Halifax to Key West. Just have a major satellite up-link for NRO-speed type of internet, and I'd be set. Maybe a little shack on Maui just to get some good beach time in.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    If I won the Powerball, I'd buy one of those "Bus" type RVs, put a Subaru behind it, and be anywhere from Cabo to Denali Nat Park, Halifax to Key West. Just have a major satellite up-link for NRO-speed type of internet, and I'd be set. Maybe a little shack on Maui just to get some good beach time in.
    I suspect you are just the kind of person that would really enjoy the open road and where it takes you in this vast and beautiful Country....Many people prefer Planes. Resorts, Restaurants...… I prefer stream sides ..meadows.....beaches.... forests..... deserts...boondocking.

Now that I am a empty nester I have a 4X4 Pickup and Camper ….over the years I have had most types of RVs but the combo I liked the best was a 25' Class C with a Jeep Wrangler in tow......easy to handle on primitive roads and campgrounds and city traffic... but comfortable to travel or stay in for a family of 4.... You could take that Bus to the open Denali Park Road....but you better drive that Subaru to Key West !!

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I suspect you are just the kind of person that would really enjoy the open road and where it takes you in this vast and beautiful Country....Many people prefer Planes. Resorts, Restaurants...… I prefer stream sides ..meadows.....beaches.... forests..... deserts...boondocking.

Now that I am a empty nester I have a 4X4 Pickup and Camper ….over the years I have had most types of RVs but the combo I liked the best was a 25' Class C with a Jeep Wrangler in tow......easy to handle on primitive roads and campgrounds and city traffic... but comfortable to travel or stay in for a family of 4.... You could take that Bus to the open Denali Park Road....but you better drive that Subaru to Key West !!
    I am almost never happier than when I'm on an all-day road trip alone, on a highway that I've never traveled along. There are fewer of those remaining - especially in the west, but still plenty.

I have often thought that if somehow I could get the type of work that would allow me to always be driving different routes, I would love to be a truck driver.

I like everything about highways, I love the giant gas stations, I love the flow in the middle of the day, I love the silence at night. I once left Salt Lake City at 8:00 p.m. and drove to Laguna Niguel California, pulling up in time for breakfast on the beach. Never happier.

That might've been when I was abducted. Tough to tell.

Though I've noticed that I can't do 14-16 hour days anymore. Now, anywhere after 10 hours per day and I'm pretty-well glazed over.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

storming again.

rain and wind and more rain.

gosh, they better not say that California is in a drought next year!

It snowed again yesterday. Snow is still on the ground this morning.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    It snowed again yesterday. Snow is still on the ground this morning.
    It would seem that winter just does not want to die this year.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bullzag23 View Post
    It would seem that winter just does not want to die this year.
    It's been so bitter cold in the mornings. At least there's sunshine.

Sorry, guys, 66 this afternoon, 72 tomorrow. I'll mow the lawn in a tank top Sat, first tan of the year.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    It's been so bitter cold in the mornings. At least there's sunshine.
    It was in the 20's in the morning earlier this week. Now it's back to being in the low 30's. Spring can not come soon enough.
    Bring back the OCC

It was in the 20's in the morning earlier this week. Now it's back to being in the low 30's. Spring can not come soon enough.
    I think it was single digits Tuesday morning, I know when I got back from my morning errands it was a balmy 10 degrees haha.

Snowing....again. This has to be one of the snowiest winters Seattle's ever had. February was ridiculous.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.
    Steven Wright

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2012
    Foo Fantasy Football Last Place Champ 2013

I think it was single digits Tuesday morning, I know when I got back from my morning errands it was a balmy 10 degrees haha.
    Yuck!
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by bullzag23 View Post
    Snowing....again. This has to be one of the snowiest winters Seattle's ever had. February was ridiculous.
    Yeah, same here down south. At least it is not sticking here.
    Bring back the OCC

Went skiing yesterday. The weather was perfect.

Bring back the OCC

I was standing at the train this morning at 5 AM. It was raining hard and no warmer than 40 degrees. All I could think of was FML and why did I get out of bed today.
    Bring back the OCC

Almost certainly the last snowfall of a long winter.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

I think spring started yesterday. Last night I heard the frogs croaking for the first time. I also heard the coyotes howling and yipping. Today I'm working from home and the birds are out like crazy. This includes the hated woodpeckers that like to peck on my house. With that said it's only like 45 degrees outside right now. I'm going to wear a sweatshirt on my lunch run.
    Bring back the OCC

I think spring started yesterday. Last night I heard the frogs croaking for the first time. I also heard the coyotes howling and yipping. Today I'm working from home and the birds are out like crazy. This includes the hated woodpeckers that like to peck on my house. With that said it's only like 45 degrees outside right now. I'm going to wear a sweatshirt on my lunch run.
    So funny, I heard a woodpecker when I went to pick up my son at preschool, that's something I don't hear regularly despite all the woods.
    It's 70 today, I might take the kids out to the park after the oldest gets home from school.

So funny, I heard a woodpecker when I went to pick up my son at preschool, that's something I don't hear regularly despite all the woods.
    It's 70 today, I might take the kids out to the park after the oldest gets home from school.
    Wow, that's awesome! I am jealous.
    Bring back the OCC

It was a nice surprise this morning! My alarm didn't go off (the baby must have changed my phone volume settings haha) so I ran out with my oldest hoping the bus was a little late. Much more pleasant than waiting outside earlier this week.

cold, but sunny
    Bring back the OCC

I just got home from a lunch run. It was super nice out. I wore tank top and shorts and it felt great. It's amazing how good 50 degrees feels after a long winter.
    Bring back the OCC

Beautiful day today! Mid 50's and sunny so far.

ETA:

It's now 68 and Sunny
    Last edited by gu03alum; 03-18-2019 at 01:40 PM.
    Bring back the OCC