Page 72 of 83 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2068

Thread: What's your weather like today?

It's 1* out. It was neat seeing a video of people playing hockey on the lake we kayak on in the summer.
    I can't imagine how the Midwest feels right now with those "feels like -60*" with the wind chill...what does -60* even feel like? I know what 300* feels like because I have an oven, but negative low temperatures is just so foreign to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    It's 1* out. It was neat seeing a video of people playing hockey on the lake we kayak on in the summer.
    I can't imagine how the Midwest feels right now with those "feels like -60*" with the wind chill...what does -60* even feel like? I know what 300* feels like because I have an oven, but negative low temperatures is just so foreign to me...
    It's so weird that this cold front, unlike most, failed to really get down to the deep south. If you got on a jet in Pittsburgh, and flew 90 mins to our little small town, you'd step out to a 60 degree rise in temps. It is supposed to get to 62 today, and then 70 by Sat.

We can get cold occasionally, highs in 30s, but it is when those fronts go all the way south. Didn't happen this time.

This is the best time of year to be in the deep south. I went out in a t-shirt and flip flops to play with the dog a few mins ago.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Pretty strange in the Valley today. Raining pretty good but can't see the clouds because of a light fog. And to the east, the sun was trying to break through below the clouds (assuming) and above the fog. Can't remember that happening simultaneously before.

Snow
    Bring back the OCC

To my amazement, the kids school is cancelled today due to a snowstorm here in Salt Lake City. My oldest son is in 7th grade and this is his first ever snow day!! It takes a lot to cancel school in Utah!!

75 and cloudy.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

It's 14 right now, but today and tomorrow are the nicest days in the forecast for the foreseeable future.

I'm all done with winter.

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Cold...about 15 but bright sunshine with about 2' of snow on the ground...perfect for a walk in the woods.....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Cold...about 15 but bright sunshine with about 2' of snow on the ground...perfect for a walk in the woods.....
    about the same here
    Bring back the OCC

So far: Snow, Rain, Sun, Wind, Fog. . .pretty typical winter day in Northern Nevada

cold in SF, but, at least it is sunny so far.

oh, oh, I see clouds coming back again.

We're lucky right now.

High of 80 today
    Down to 62 and rain tomorrow and then high 60s and high 70s from there on out.
    Mark Twain.

Apparently, it's going to snow today and everybody in Western Washington is freaking out. We were completely out of food and were planning on going to the store last night before it became apparent that it was going to be the last night to go to the store before the storm. I could not even get into the Costco parking lot. I parked across the street at Home Depot. The whole parking lot was full and there were cars everywhere looking for a spot. I was going down the main aisle by the food and was going to turn down the freezer aisle. There were a few people I was waiting for to move before I could turn down the aisle and some purple headed lady started screaming at me for stopping in front of her even though she easily went around me and it's not like I wanted to stop either, but I'm not going to bash my cart into people. I politely told her #### you and continued on my way. People around me were like what in the heck was her problem and laughing at her so I'm glad they saw it my way. Leaving was just as frustrating. People were honking at me and others. My wife decided to go to Safeway while I was at Costco. Safeway was way worse. Lines were 20 people deep and nearly all the food was gone. People on the road home were more aggressive than usual too. I got flipped off and honked at a few times just for existing. Snow does crazy things to people out here.
    Bring back the OCC

And more coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

10 degrees and 36" fresh lite Alta like powder....but it is no problem....I have a Honda Blower and a Sno Cat with a blade and all the utilities are deep underground including cable ….and I have enough food and water for more than a month.....and a self contained RV in a garage if everything goes to hell...the house and garage and deck were designed for 10' of snow...

The County is working around the clock and keeping the roads open...… this is not unusual and all that snow is worth billions for recreation, irrigation, power generation and fish habitat.....it is all good...

I worked and lived in Seattle for a few winters and snow was a disaster there...people would run out of gas and get stuck and abandon their cars ….power would go out....roofs collapse ...pipes freeze.....fires....no muy Bueno....

It is a very serious problem for those who lose power and those with frozen water pipes.... the sick...... those that cannot get around...and especially for the homeless....
    Last edited by bartruff1; 02-10-2019 at 09:27 AM.

Got more snow over night; probably another 3-4 inches. Looks like we are supposed to get rain later. I think I will be teleworking tomorrow. I have today off and was going to go skiing, but I'm going to stick around the house instead. I hate wasting days off.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post

And more coming

I was listening to Gary Parrish podcast. He said he got delayed in Reno because of the snow.
    Bring back the OCC

rain - lots of rain
    Bring back the OCC

Decent amount of snow fell overnight, though it's dry right now. Word is we're going to get some rain this afternoon before it turns back to snow. That's one of the worst combos of winter precipitation, leading to crazy ice. Here's hoping temperatures stay down and we only get more snow.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

I can see on my Spokane monitor that it SNOWED there... and a lot.

thank goodness my next door neighbor shoveled for me.

I texted her and thanked her and told her that I would pay her back this summer by mowing her yards....

I take summer weather over snow any day....

Hard rain falling. We'll take all the moisture we can get.

It's in the mid 20s and snowing pretty steady. Hopefully the roads are okay for preschool pickup.
    Yesterday it was in the mid 40s and all the snow melted, overnight it dropped 20 degrees and had house-vibrating wind gusts.

Cold....about 20 ...normal is about 40...….. but clear and sunny....about 5' of snow on the ground and the avalanche blasting started about a hour ago..... this is Utah/Colorado powder and great skiing..... but to cold for me..... and I have been plowing and blowing snow for days....

We get a break for a couple days and another storm later in the week... Like Reno says..... we will take all we can get....

blowing horizontal rain coming down in sheets.

I-405 : Culver City
    I-405 North At Braddock Dr

Weather Forecast as of 11:30:00 PST on 2019-02-14 :
    High: 63░F
    Low: 49░F
    Sunrise: 06:37 PST
    Sunset: 17:36 PST

It was a dark and stormy night

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.