X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

73 and partly cloudy. Mowed the lawn, mostly to get leaves up and mulched.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Comment

• RenoZag
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

38 degrees, winds 17mph, Sunny. Nice day to watch the leaves blow by. . .Going to be a chilly week and travel over I-80 on Weds / Thursday will be dicey. May have to cancel plans to visit relatives for Turkey Day. . .
      Last edited by RenoZag; 11-25-2019, 02:37 PM.
      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• gu03alum
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
        38 degrees, winds 17mph, Sunny. Nice day to watch the leaves blow by. . .Going to be a chilly week and travel over I80 on Weds / Thursday will be dicey. May have to cancel plans to visit relatives for Turkey Day. . .
        I'm kind of in the same boat heading the opposite direction. I was planning on leaving Tuesday after work, staying in Medford for the night and then heading to Reno on Wednesday. Looks like it will be a hell of a storm too.

Pair of powerhouse storms to disrupt Thanksgiving travel in western and central U.S.

the National Weather Service is predicting will be “historic” and “unprecedented” for southwest Oregon and northwest California, will pound the West Coast on Tuesday through Thanksgiving with areas of damaging winds, heavy mountain snow and heavy rain at the coast.
        An unseasonably cold and potent storm system will undergo “explosive cyclogenesis” off the coast of the Pacific Northwest on Tuesday. This means the storm will be intensifying at a fast clip, its air pressure dropping quickly enough to qualify it as a “meteorological bomb.”
        The storm will pack ferocious winds as it arrives in Northern California and southern Oregon late Tuesday night, meandering inland and weakening Wednesday evening. It will also bring large waves, heavy rain at the coast and substantial mountain snow.
        explosive cyclogenesis sounds like the morning after heavy drinking and bratwurst

The National Weather Service in Medford, Ore., is calling this a “historically strong low pressure system.”

“We have seen 100 mph gusts at Cape Blanco with [similar conditions] in the past,” it wrote.

The Weather Prediction Center, meanwhile, is referring to it as “unprecedented” for the region it will impact with the worst conditions expected Tuesday and Tuesday night.
        As the system progresses east toward the Sierra Nevada, strong winds, cool temperatures and mountain snow are possible off and on late Tuesday and continuing through Thanksgiving. Up to three feet of snow is expected, with snow levels in spots dropping to 2,000 feet. Forty-to-60-mph winds are possible in the higher elevations, while wind advisories are also in effect for many of the valleys.
        Bring back the OCC

Comment

• DZ
          Zag for Life
          • Sep 2007

I need to get a position writing for the NWS.

"An atmospheric gamma burst will increase with logarithmic intensity off the coast late Tuesday evening, coastal towns can expect Neptunian windspeeds at mach .07, approaching mach .08 by midnight, the atmosphere will phase shift and fractionally liquify except in areas with insufficient atmospheric energy, those tragic locations at upper elevation will see fractional solidification of the atmosphere. Solidified water is expected to bury the ground to a depth of two to three heads ..."

On a serious note, do be careful, you guys, if you're traveling.
          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
          Mark Twain.

Comment

• Jazzgirl_127
            Zag for Life
            • Mar 2007

It was sunny and in the 50s today. I took the littlest guy to the zoo while the older boys were at school, a great day to be outside :-)

Comment

• RenoZag
              Super Moderator
              • Feb 2007

Woke up to this

Sent via mobile device

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• DZ
                Zag for Life
                • Sep 2007

75 degrees today, 78 tomorrow. Sunshine.

I am going to mow here in a bit before the game, get some sun, healthy for the psyche.
                Mark Twain.

Comment

• gu03alum
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

My trip to Reno last week was pretty uneventful for me, but there were a lot of people who were going to have a bad a holiday week. I saw lots of cars in the ditch and some of them upside down. The roads were slick at times, but nothing too bad. The main thing that sucked was that trucks were parking in all lanes of traffic to put chains on meaning traffic would come to a halt until they finished. Waze helped out a lot in avoiding this as it took us through Ashland and Weed to avoid all of the delays on I5.

We saw there was another storm hitting the area of our drive Saturday evening into Sunday so we drove home a day early. We took 97 up to Willamette Pass this time because it is a little faster. 97 was nasty at times. We again saw some vehicles in ditches and a couple upside down. It started snowing around 3 as we turned onto highway 58. Going down the pass into Western Oregon was a little sketchy, but it seemed like all the drivers were very safe around us coming down the hill.
                  Bring back the OCC

Comment

• RenoZag
                    Super Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

37, cloudy, 40% chance of rain. Good day to stay home and make a batch of turkey noodle soup.

Comment

• gu03alum
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Just went for a run at lunch. Weather was great. It was sunny and low 40's.
                      Bring back the OCC

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                        • Feb 2007

Was a Fugly day for driving back from a wedding in Jersey. Although the weather fear mongers made it sound like we were about to drive through winter hell. We got wet roads instead
                        "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• 23dpg
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Cold but sunny.
                          Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• Jazzgirl_127
                            Zag for Life
                            • Mar 2007

Snowflakes are dancing, this is the 3rd day in a row I haven't seen even a glimmer of sunshine.

Comment

• RenoZag
                              Super Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

Snowing. Not sticking (yet)

Comment

• gu03alum
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

rainy and cold
                                Bring back the OCC

Comment

Working...
                                X