Page 87 of 89 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889 LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2208

Thread: What's your weather like today?

  1. #2151
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    It's too warm here. Need snow in mountains.
    Ever hiked in the Frenchman's Coulee ......along the Columbia near Vantage.....73 degrees....I started our in-hiking shorts and a tee shirt and hoody and a windbreaker..... like Spring...the birds were active the grass was green, and the Sage was full of aroma..... a bluebird day.... a gift....

  2. #2152
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Ever hiked in the Frenchman's Coulee ......along the Columbia near Vantage.....73 degrees....I started our in-hiking shorts and a tee shirt and hoody and a windbreaker..... like Spring...the birds were active the grass was green, and the Sage was full of aroma..... a bluebird day.... a gift....
    That sounds wonderful!

    I have camped on the other side at the Sand Hollow Campground. Next time I camp there I will check that hike out.
    Bring back the OCC

  3. #2153
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,973

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    That sounds wonderful!

    I have camped on the other side at the Sand Hollow Campground. Next time I camp there I will check that hike out.
    That is a very dramatic landscape........ holes in the ground like Hells Canyon and the Grand Canyon and the Grand Coulee can change scenes by the minute in color and texture and form.....but really....I prefer holes in the sky like Tahoma, Denali, Hood..... but it is a treasure to have them all on Public Land .....

  4. #2154
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,911

    Default

    Have a tee time tomorrow. . .

  5. #2155
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Have a tee time tomorrow. . .
    In England they have a tea time every day.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

  6. #2156
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,911

    Default

    Woke up to a mix of snow and rain. First significant precipitation of December. We need it !

    Chains / 4WD required over Donner Summit for only the second time this winter
    Last edited by RenoZag; 12-09-2021 at 08:42 AM.

  7. #2157
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Woke up to a mix of snow and rain. First significant precipitation of December. We need it !

    Chains / 4WD required over Donner Summit for only the second time this winter
    My brother says snow in Carson City now. He has to drive home to Reno tonight so hoping it doesn't last.

    I'm supposed to go to Spokane this weekend, but same thing is happening on Snoqualmie. It was closed for hours yesterday and chains are required. I'm hoping I can get out of this trip and not risk getting stuck for hours.
    Bring back the OCC

  8. #2158
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,631

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    My brother says snow in Carson City now. He has to drive home to Reno tonight so hoping it doesn't last.

    I'm supposed to go to Spokane this weekend, but same thing is happening on Snoqualmie. It was closed for hours yesterday and chains are required. I'm hoping I can get out of this trip and not risk getting stuck for hours.
    If you don't mind driving, and have the time, head down to Portland and across alongside the river to tri-cities and up to Spokane that way. No passes involved.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

  9. #2159
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post

    My brother says snow in Carson City now. He has to drive home to Reno tonight so hoping it doesn't last.
    It's a fast moving storm; 580/395 should be fine by that time of day.

  10. #2160
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    If you don't mind driving, and have the time, head down to Portland and across alongside the river to tri-cities and up to Spokane that way. No passes involved.
    I don't mind driving, but it's a two day trip and that would eat up a lot of the time I would be in Spokane.
    Bring back the OCC

  11. #2161
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,911

    Default

    Winter driving conditions, school closures / delays. . .I-80 closed at the state line. Going to be a terrible commute for the working stiffs. Mountains are getting much needed moisture. Ski Resorts in the Tahoe area should be fully opened by Christmas.

  12. #2162
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    3,833

    Default

    Mostly sunny, high 68.....strong chance lunch hour will turn into a round of disc golf today.
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

  13. #2163
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,755

    Default

    66 degrees but cloudy and haven't seen the sun all day, last year on this day we had a big snowfall.

  14. #2164
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    66 degrees but cloudy and haven't seen the sun all day, last year on this day we had a big snowfall.
    66 sounds nice
    Bring back the OCC

  15. #2165
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    17,065

    Default

    It was in the 60s here and sunny. I took a long lunch and got a good bike ride in. 21.6 miles in 1 hour 10 min.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  16. #2166
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    16,889

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    It was in the 60s here and sunny. I took a long lunch and got a good bike ride in. 21.6 miles in 1 hour 10 min.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Damn, that sounds nice too.

    I went for a walk today at lunch. It was 40 degrees and grey, but at least there was no rain.
    Bring back the OCC

  17. #2167
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    8,631

    Default

    It has snowed a couple of inches today, here in Spokane.

    2 weeks from today and we should be on the road...I hope, and headed to warmer climes.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

  18. #2168
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,911

    Default

    Felt like winter. No tornadoes to worry about


    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    “They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

  19. #2169
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,894

    Default

    High of 63 at the beach……still going golfing and yoga

  20. #2170
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,911

    Default

    Freezing fog. . .one mile visibility. . .roads are slick, temperature 24. . .not a day to venture out. Will watch Tiger & Charlie Woods scrape it around on the telly.

  21. #2171
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    17,065

    Default

    I got a long ride in yesterday, nearly 50 miles. A little chilly, 40ish, but the wind was tough. I ended up knocking off a little early and not quite getting 50 because the gusts were starting to blow me dangerously onto the road.

    We are supposed to be getting 60s and potentially even maybe 70 next week.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  22. #2172
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Freezing fog. . .one mile visibility. . .roads are slick, temperature 24. . .not a day to venture out. Will watch Tiger & Charlie Woods scrape it around on the telly.
    17th hole par 3 169 yards…Charlie’s shot was the closest all day…..really fun watching entire tourney.

    I never thought Tiger would be able to swing a club that well EVER again. Amazing.

  23. #2173
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    17th hole par 3 169 yards…Charlie’s shot was the closest all day…..really fun watching entire tourney.

    I never thought Tiger would be able to swing a club that well EVER again. Amazing.
    If Tiger decides to play the Champions Tour (when he's 50 and can use a cart), any tournament he plays in will out-draw the PGA Tour event in the TV ratings and probably at the live gate too.

  24. #2174
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,911

    Default

    Testing

    Tis the season for pogonip


    Sent via mobile device


    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    “They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

  25. #2175
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    48,911

    Default

    Started raining hard about 4am. Hasn't let up. Donner Pass (I-80) is getting hammered and it's chains required.

    Forecast calls for 7 - 10 feet of snow above 7,000 feet. Sierra ridges may see gusts in excess of 100 mph between now and Sunday.

    There's a chance Reno / Sparks will get cold enough to have a White Christmas.

    https://twitter.com/NWSSacramento/st...337030/photo/1

    Safe travels, everyone.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 12-23-2021 at 08:57 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •