• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

We're lucky right now.

High of 80 today
    Down to 62 and rain tomorrow and then high 60s and high 70s from there on out.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Comment

• gu03alum
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Apparently, it's going to snow today and everybody in Western Washington is freaking out. We were completely out of food and were planning on going to the store last night before it became apparent that it was going to be the last night to go to the store before the storm. I could not even get into the Costco parking lot. I parked across the street at Home Depot. The whole parking lot was full and there were cars everywhere looking for a spot. I was going down the main aisle by the food and was going to turn down the freezer aisle. There were a few people I was waiting for to move before I could turn down the aisle and some purple headed lady started screaming at me for stopping in front of her even though she easily went around me and it's not like I wanted to stop either, but I'm not going to bash my cart into people. I politely told her #### you and continued on my way. People around me were like what in the heck was her problem and laughing at her so I'm glad they saw it my way. Leaving was just as frustrating. People were honking at me and others. My wife decided to go to Safeway while I was at Costco. Safeway was way worse. Lines were 20 people deep and nearly all the food was gone. People on the road home were more aggressive than usual too. I got flipped off and honked at a few times just for existing. Snow does crazy things to people out here.
      Bring back the OCC

Comment

• RenoZag
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

And more coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• bartruff1
          Zag for Life
          • Jan 2010

10 degrees and 36" fresh lite Alta like powder....but it is no problem....I have a Honda Blower and a Sno Cat with a blade and all the utilities are deep underground including cable ….and I have enough food and water for more than a month.....and a self contained RV in a garage if everything goes to hell...the house and garage and deck were designed for 10' of snow...

The County is working around the clock and keeping the roads open...… this is not unusual and all that snow is worth billions for recreation, irrigation, power generation and fish habitat.....it is all good...

I worked and lived in Seattle for a few winters and snow was a disaster there...people would run out of gas and get stuck and abandon their cars ….power would go out....roofs collapse ...pipes freeze.....fires....no muy Bueno....

It is a very serious problem for those who lose power and those with frozen water pipes.... the sick...... those that cannot get around...and especially for the homeless....
          Last edited by bartruff1; 02-10-2019, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• gu03alum
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Got more snow over night; probably another 3-4 inches. Looks like we are supposed to get rain later. I think I will be teleworking tomorrow. I have today off and was going to go skiing, but I'm going to stick around the house instead. I hate wasting days off.
            Bring back the OCC

Comment

• gu03alum
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post

And more coming

I was listening to Gary Parrish podcast. He said he got delayed in Reno because of the snow.
              Bring back the OCC

Comment

• gu03alum
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

rain - lots of rain
                Bring back the OCC

Comment

• TheZagPhish
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Decent amount of snow fell overnight, though it's dry right now. Word is we're going to get some rain this afternoon before it turns back to snow. That's one of the worst combos of winter precipitation, leading to crazy ice. Here's hoping temperatures stay down and we only get more snow.
                  Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Comment

• GPGUgrad
                    Zag for Life
                    • Oct 2007

I can see on my Spokane monitor that it SNOWED there... and a lot.

thank goodness my next door neighbor shoveled for me.

I texted her and thanked her and told her that I would pay her back this summer by mowing her yards....

I take summer weather over snow any day....

Comment

• RenoZag
                      Super Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Hard rain falling. We'll take all the moisture we can get.

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Jazzgirl_127
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2007

It's in the mid 20s and snowing pretty steady. Hopefully the roads are okay for preschool pickup.
                        Yesterday it was in the mid 40s and all the snow melted, overnight it dropped 20 degrees and had house-vibrating wind gusts.

Comment

• bartruff1
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2010

Cold....about 20 ...normal is about 40...….. but clear and sunny....about 5' of snow on the ground and the avalanche blasting started about a hour ago..... this is Utah/Colorado powder and great skiing..... but to cold for me..... and I have been plowing and blowing snow for days....

We get a break for a couple days and another storm later in the week... Like Reno says..... we will take all we can get....

Comment

• Zagceo
                            Zag for Life
                            • Nov 2013

blowing horizontal rain coming down in sheets.

I-405 : Culver City
                            I-405 North At Braddock Dr

Weather Forecast as of 11:30:00 PST on 2019-02-14 :
                            High: 63°F
                            Low: 49°F
                            Sunrise: 06:37 PST
                            Sunset: 17:36 PST

Comment

• RenoZag
                              Super Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

It was a dark and stormy night

Comment

• Akzag
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

+7f and clear
                                So many brackets, so little time.

Comment

Working...
                                X