Page 86 of 89 FirstFirst ... 36768283848586878889 LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2208

Thread: What's your weather like today?

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    For about 65 years .. I live about 2 miles from Mission Ride Ski Area and can ski home .....not a good skier but a enthusiastic one who is always excited to be in that environment....

Had a Proximal Hamstring (?) injury last season but am feeling much better this fall...... finally.....have you seen the Sasquatch on the top of chair two ???
    That's awesome, sounds like my dad. He's 73 and has been skiing since he was a little kid. I'm not a great skier either, but I'm trying to get better.

I'm glad you are feeling better. That sounds painful. I haven't been to Mission Ridge since I was a kid. I have tried a couple of times the last few years, but something always comes up. I hear they have an enclosed lift now. that sounds really nice. I will try to get over there at some point this year.
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    That's awesome, sounds like my dad. He's 73 and has been skiing since he was a little kid. I'm not a great skier either, but I'm trying to get better.

I'm glad you are feeling better. That sounds painful. I haven't been to Mission Ridge since I was a kid. I have tried a couple of times the last few years, but something always comes up. I hear they have an enclosed lift now. that sounds really nice. I will try to get over there at some point this year.
    Go Google the Mission Ridge Sasquatch ...it is really quite a amazing gift to the area....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Go Google the Mission Ridge Sasquatch ...it is really quite a amazing gift to the area....
    just looked it up. that is cool. I look forward to seeing it in person
    Bring back the OCC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

It is same out here on the west coast, Kitz
    Bring back the OCC

It's cold :-( last week it was in the upper 60s/low 70s, today has a high of 40. I know it's November so I should just be thankful for those nice days last week, but I'm having a hard time adjusting (again) to the cold temperatures. I need one of those heated rocks to lay on like reptiles get.

It is very windy (again) today, but the temps have been fine. The 10 day+, actually 14 days, is highs in the upper 30 and lows lower 30's to upper 20's. Thursday and Friday show a possibility of snow.
    I am racing against time, trying to get my house packed up, cleaned and on the market. It will take 30-40 days, so we will have to rent a motel room and keep the shop open until New Year. Then drive cross country and look for another place, somewhere in the lower Appalachian Mtns, NC, GA, TN or AL.

I hope the weather cooperates.
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    It is very windy (again) today, but the temps have been fine. The 10 day+, actually 14 days, is highs in the upper 30 and lows lower 30's to upper 20's. Thursday and Friday show a possibility of snow.
    I am racing against time, trying to get my house packed up, cleaned and on the market. It will take 30-40 days, so we will have to rent a motel room and keep the shop open until New Year. Then drive cross country and look for another place, somewhere in the lower Appalachian Mtns, NC, GA, TN or AL.

I hope the weather cooperates.
    You’re moving during the middle of winter? That sucks. I hope everything works out.
    Bring back the OCC

You’re moving during the middle of winter? That sucks. I hope everything works out.
    Yeah, I agree. I just am not fast enough to sort and pack etc. any more and the alternative is to wait until spring. I REALLY don't want to do that. We will probably head south to Albuquerque and go across from there. Not in a real hurry, so 5-6 days is no problem. I have done this drive in 3 days, and don't want to die...so I'm going slower and safe.

Yeah, I agree. I just am not fast enough to sort and pack etc. any more and the alternative is to wait until spring. I REALLY don't want to do that. We will probably head south to Albuquerque and go across from there. Not in a real hurry, so 5-6 days is no problem. I have done this drive in 3 days, and don't want to die...so I'm going slower and safe.
    There is this great place in southeast coastal Alabama I can recommend, right on the shore and FLA border. Fastest growing county in AL and several areas around it, property values likely shooting up.

Temperature is 76 today, no wind.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

are you leaving Spokane permanently?
    Bring back the OCC

are you leaving Spokane permanently?
    Yes. My daughter lives in that great place DZ is talking about. She grew up there, left and has been back for 17 years.

That being said, I am more thinking the southern end of the Appalachian Mtns, probably western North Carolina. We don't want to live on the coast, hurricanes, bigger bugs and more humid.

Yes. My daughter lives in that great place DZ is talking about. She grew up there, left and has been back for 17 years.

That being said, I am more thinking the southern end of the Appalachian Mtns, probably western North Carolina. We don't want to live on the coast, hurricanes, bigger bugs and more humid.
    That's smart, my in laws are in Myrtle and even just being able to go back on your own timeline after evacuating for hurricanes seems like a pain. A lot of times people just decide to ride the hurricane out because they don't want to be stuck away from the house after it passes. And yes the humidity and bugs are horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    That's smart, my in laws are in Myrtle and even just being able to go back on your own timeline after evacuating for hurricanes seems like a pain. A lot of times people just decide to ride the hurricane out because they don't want to be stuck away from the house after it passes. And yes the humidity and bugs are horrendous.
    That is where my daughter and the grandkids evacuate to, when a hurricane hits. So...they can come visit the old man! LOL

so tired of rain
    Bring back the OCC

Wow! good luck with the move. that sounds like a big one.
    Bring back the OCC

It's snowing.
    But we don't play nobody.

Cool, overcast, high temp was 60. . .good day for indoor projects

It's frickin freezin in here Mr. Bigglesworth
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

It’s Minnesota. Always colder than a witch’s tittie.
    My nipples can cut glass after 6 years of living here.
    ...and there definitely is no such thing as Prince Charming.

Try a weighted blanket

66 and bright sunshine in clear blue skies...... the ski area is open but the snow is gone at my house.....happy easter

Weighted blankets don’t come out till we get below zero. It’ll happen soon.
    ...and there definitely is no such thing as Prince Charming.

It's too warm here. Need snow in mountains.
    Bring back the OCC

Clear skies. Supposed to reach low 60's before the day is done.