• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zag944
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Morrison 09-10 picked up

Yesterday I wrote that Adam Morrison might be fighting for his NBA life. Not yet, it turns out. From a press release: "Charlotte Bobcats General Manager Rod Higgins today announced that the team has exercised its options on Adam Morrison and Jared Dudley for the 2009-10 season."

good to see that some of the higher ups in the organization still have some faith in Adam's abilities.
  • Rubbadub
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by zag944 View Post
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/...y-Bullets.html

Yesterday I wrote that Adam Morrison might be fighting for his NBA life. Not yet, it turns out. From a press release: "Charlotte Bobcats General Manager Rod Higgins today announced that the team has exercised its options on Adam Morrison and Jared Dudley for the 2009-10 season."

good to see that some of the higher ups in the organization still have some faith in Adam's abilities.
    Definitely good news! Here's to Ammo going out this season and showing what we all know he can do on the court.
    sigpic Just Foo'in around.

Comment

• ZagNative
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

It's hard to say what all this means ..
      From Rick Bonnell in yesterday's Charlotte Observer ...
      Time to trade a jump-shooter?

I buy that Adam Morrison didn't play against the Atlanta Hawks and Matt Carroll played little Monday because Bobcats coach Larry Brown needed to get another look at Andre Brown and Shannon Brown before trimming the roster.

However, that's probably not the whole story.

Brown has made it clear he has an over-abundance of jump-shooters and is short of players who think defense-rebounds-loose balls first. The two reserves best equipped to do that, based on the preseason so far, are Jared Dudley and Andre Brown.

In the first two exhibitions, losses in Orlando and Memphis, the Bobcats had five fewer rebounds and seven more turnovers than their opponents. So that's six extra possessions per game for the opponent. A team that defends poorly and shoots poorly (both from the field and the foul line) can't afford to give away all those extra possessions.

So I'm thinking if Dudley and Andre Brown can get back the ball, they'll be rewarded with minutes. And those minutes figure to come from Morrison, Carroll and starting power forward Sean May.

Beyond that, I have to believe Larry Brown is lobbying the front office to find an experienced veteran to rebound and defend. Would the front office give up a jump-shooter to make that happen? Interesting question.
      And also from Bonnell, today:
      Bobcats pick up options on Morrison, Dudley
      By RICK BONNELL
      Posted: Wednesday, Oct. 15, 2008

The Charlotte Bobcats are picking up team options for next season on Adam Morrison and Jared Dudley, moves that would add about $6.5 million to the 2009-10 payroll.

However, this could be a step toward trading Morrison, possibly for a big man. By exercising Morrison's $5.26 million option, the Bobcats can assure a team he's their property this season and next in trade discussions. Had the Bobcats not picked up the option by Oct. 31, Morrison would have become an urestricted free agent following this season.

Coach Larry Brown has made it clear this preseason that the team has an over-abundance of jump-shooters and needs help at other positions. He's particularly looking for a veteran rebounder-defender.

Dudley has become one of Brown's favorite players, for his hustle and smarts. Dudley will now make a guaranteed $1.3 million next season.

Comment

• Rubbadub
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Are you saying you'd rather Ammo stay in Charlotte?

Comment

• ZagNative
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Rubbadub View Post
          Are you saying you'd rather Ammo stay in Charlotte?
          If you're addressing my post, I'm not saying anything except that I wonder what it all means. I just want Adam to play wherever he's happiest and most productive.

Comment

• Rubbadub
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagNative View Post
            If you're addressing my post, I'm not saying anything except that I wonder what it all means. I just want Adam to play wherever he's happiest and most productive.
            Gotcha. I misread the first line in your first post.

Comment

• cjm720
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2007

How cool would it be if Ammo got traded to Golden State??

Ammo, Turiaf, and Dickau all on the same roster! Wishful thinking, but wow that would be fun.
              Go Zags!!!

Comment

• zag944
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by cjm720 View Post
                How cool would it be if Ammo got traded to Golden State??

Ammo, Turiaf, and Dickau all on the same roster! Wishful thinking, but wow that would be fun.
                can you say championship?!

Comment

• ZagNative
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

I'd really like to see Brown do for Adam what was described in this earlier thread here on the board about an October 4 AP story in the Columbian:
                  For his part, Brown believes he has to find a way for Morrison to be effective. At Gonzaga, Morrison was constantly running of screens and would routinely take it to the basket. In his rookie season, Morrison become mostly a spot-up shooter.

"They did a lot of good things for him at Gonzaga," Brown said. "He was creative. I watched him and he never stopped moving offensively. But hopefully we'll put him in a position -- that's coaching -- finding out what your guys do best."

Comment

• CDC84
                    Super Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

Yesterday I wrote that Adam Morrison might be fighting for his NBA life.
                    That's a very drastic statement, even if the Bobcats had elected not to pick up the option. Some team in the NBA - particularly one that needs offense - would be interested in having Adam, even if he's the tenth guy in the rotation. Granted, they probably wouldn't be interested in him with the kind of money he's making right now...I'm talking about if he was a free agent.

Comment

• zag944
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Here's the blog post where he writes about him playing for his career.

Made me remember that mean-spirted Hollinger article. Ugh

Comment

• ZagNut08
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

I would love to see Adam get out of Charlotte. I wasn't excited that he got drafted by them (excited he went 3, just not to them). They haven't used him to the best of his abilities, and I don't see their roster as one which is going to expect much out of him

Comment

Working...
                        X