Thread: Blake Stepp at wsop

Default Blake Stepp at wsop

i thought i was seeing things but blake stepp is definetly on espns coverage of World Series of Poker Main Event. I heard Lon say stepp then they said he was a pro ball player in europe. I think he ment former Zag standout

Yeah it was great seeing him,wearing a zags shirt.His Full boat about took out last years winner Jerry Yang.

I wonder if anyone in the Zag family knows how far Blake got in the tournament? He played that hand against Yang very well.

I looked up his player profile for the WSOP.

It looks like he didn't finish in the money for the Main Event but he did finish 25th in a ### Limit Hold'em Event. That finish netted him $6,606, not too shabby.

He and Doudney were both in Lindgren's cheering section for his first bracelet.
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.” ~Jack Handey~

Quote Originally Posted by TRhyno View Post
    I looked up his player profile for the WSOP.

It looks like he didn't finish in the money for the Main Event but he did finish 25th in a ### Limit Hold'em Event. That finish netted him $6,606, not too shabby.
    Isn't the buy in for the main event like $10 grand? Seems he's about $3500 in the hole, possibly more depending on the buy ins for the other events.

Call it, friendo.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Isn't the buy in for the main event like $10 grand? Seems he's about $3500 in the hole, possibly more depending on the buy ins for the other events.
    It's entirely possible he won his buy-in online, or through a live satellite tournament. I would be willing to bet that about half the main event field doesn't pay full price to get in.
    FWIW, Norman Chad said Stepp was 'drafted' by the Timberwolves, not that he played for them.
    In related Zag-poker news ... does anyone watch "High Stakes Poker" on the Game Show Network? I was watching a rerun of that show not long ago, and it was a game Lindgren was playing, and I woulda sworn Blake Stepp was hanging out in the background. He wasn't in focus, so I couldn't be sure, but there was a tall-ish dude with dark hair chilling behind Lindgren. Anyone know if that was him?

alaskazagnut Guest

Default Better than hoops?

Is that Nathans earnings for the year or career in WSOP? If that is just for the year he might have found a better paycheck than basketball plus no risk of injury other than the pocketbook.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskazagnut View Post
    Is that Nathans earnings for the year or career in WSOP? If that is just for the year he might have found a better paycheck than basketball plus no risk of injury other than the pocketbook.
    The chart below the photo has the dates and winnings listed. . .he took third in one event and collected over $260K. . .

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    According to his profile, Stepp paid $2,000 to get into the WSOP and won $6,606 in the event. Nothing you could live off of, but at least he tripled his money.