Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1,000th Post

Default 1,000th Post

Just wanted to say thanks to all who have helped make this board a success.

Here's a little known fact. The person who is largely responsible for originating this board--Ken Sands--is one of internet journalism's true pioneers. Ken is now the online Executive Editor for Innovation for the Congressional Quarterly. From GUBoards to Congressional Quarterly. Not too bad.

From the reports I have received, this is one of the most successful independent (not affiliated with Scout or Rivals) college sports fan message sites.

Thanks to those who moderate this site and to those who report spam and other transgressions.

Thanks to those such as Section116 and Zagnative who comb the internet for information and links to Zag-related stories.

Thanks to our friends from other WCC schools such as IronLions, Pilot Nut, Freezer12, and MJGoGaels for dropping by and playing in our sandbox. To those who want to lift their legs in our sandbox, well, that's why there's a delete function.

Thanks to the many very good friends I've made through this community and to the old friends with whom I've reconnected after many years.

Thanks to Uber for sucking up more than his share of negative rep.

Above all, Go Zags!
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Default Thank YOU!

Angelo,

Many thanks to you for making this board happen. It really is a great resource for all Zag fans.

Thanks too, for the many things you do behind the scenes for all of us.

Congratulations.

Go Zags!

Go Zags!!!
    I miss Mike Hart

Everything Angelo said.

Mucho gracias to all the senors, senoras and senoritas who post and contribute.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Thirded.

This is hands down the best message board community I have come across, and I've belong to and even run quite a few. It's not of its own accord, a lot of hard work is involved, both by those in authority and members for making their contributions thoughtful.

Go Zags!
    Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
    You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

Congrats, Angelo, and a big "Thank You," for all you do!

Thank you Angelo for helping moderate the forum and for helping me out on a few occasions. I appreciate it!

Angelo, you're a slacker. You should have been to at least 2,000 posts by now.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

It is the members of this board that definitely make it a success. The contributions from the members are what make it worthwhile checking in everyday if not every hour.

Thanks Angelo for your help along with BZ, CDC and others who were committed to maintaining an independent board and really made it happen.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Thanks to all the Admins and Mods..accept (that's for you Uber) for the MIA post-padder general. When he returns, well, we'll talk about it then.

Sincerely thanks for giving us this gift of a site.

“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.” ~Jack Handey~

Keep up the great work, all you guys and gals who make this such a fun, interesting and informative board.

Default My 2 cents

I'd also like to echo what Angelo said about Section116, Zagnative and others when it comes to their helping hand in making this site what it is. One of the positive aspects of their efforts is that we are getting more open discussion about recruiting than ever before, which keeps this board from being a wasteland during the offseason. This was a worry of mine when we transitioned over to this site. It turns out that we are seeing more board activity during the offseason than ever before. But that is also a credit to the regular posters on this board who are bringing better and better thought provoking analysis to the table.

And a grand, grand they have been ....

Continued thanks to all who keep it going, while still making it interesting and maintaining the high level of content.
    So many brackets, so little time.

I want to add my thanks, as well. The members of this board are great. I feel very close to some of them and there are others I would really like to get to know better. Thanks to the administrators for making this such a successful forum. Go Zags! OregonZag

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo Roncalli View Post
    Thanks to our friends from other WCC schools such as IronLions, Pilot Nut, Freezer12, and MJGoGaels for dropping by and playing in our sandbox.
    I've met Freezer12 and Freezer12 is "good people" ... in an equine sort of way.

Default thank you

thank you to Angelo and all the mods/admins for what is truly a public service...sorta like a utility (remember those)?
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by NJZag View Post
    I've met Freezer12 and Freezer12 is "good people" ... in an equine sort of way.

I don't know who you are, so don't falsely say you know me. Oh, and your "joke" wasn't funny.

It's comical that a shout out was given to other WCC participants because those that were named is all that there are. We're few and far between.

Quote Originally Posted by freezer12 View Post
    I don't know who you are, so don't falsely say you know me. Oh, and your "joke" wasn't funny.

It's comical that a shout out was given to other WCC participants because those that were named is all that there are. We're few and far between.
    Based on Angelo's post, it looks like the Gonzaga board has done pretty well without the leglifters. OTOH, at least one of the other WCC boards thrives because the leglifters like to talk about everything that's happening on our board. Now that is pure comedy.

Angelo,

Here's to the next 1000 and more and then and then and....

This is a great forum. It's good to be a Zag Fan(anatic).

Go!! Zags!!!

Default Whether Zags are playing or not, this board rocks

My thanks as well for great entertainment value. Getting to know the team well, makes the season that much more fun. I appreciate everyone who contributes. Thanks

Special thanks to those that run the board and keep it running at a high level. Not an easy task. Thanks
    Zags - Best sports event ever
    Character - Small Community - and Zags do BB right.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags-Bsee View Post
    Special thanks to those that run the board and keep it running at a high level. Not an easy task. Thanks
    Bigtime kudos to BobZag and Angelo. That's quite a testement for a non - football school's message board forum. The most successful "non - affiliated" website. Awesome.

As to the high level of this forum, and the effort it takes --- please know that it's a labor of love.

In my opinion, as is the case with the Zags -- I believe the best is yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by freezer12 View Post

BZZZ. Wrong. There are many more actually that have met in person, welcome one another in each others home college towns, and dialogue outside this website.

You guys should have told Angelo that each post was worth a billable hour. Clearly, I find coming over hear worth a few precious minutes periodically.

Lets debate the coming season starting October 15th after all the pundits have spoken. I seem to recall a few good exchanges about Gael and Bulldog matchups without flames. Last season was closer than some believed on this board, and to the extent I contribute to a reality check or just fun so be it.

Freezer12 - just for you even though we've never met.
    "Bronco Meat, Bronco Meat,
    How d' ya like it, how d' ya like it,
    RAW, RAW, RAW!"

Great post, ditto what Angelo says. I would be lost without this board.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Debate the season soon enough MJ. Soon enough. I just notcied that the WCC is predicted to be a multibid conference for the NCAA tournament. SM, Zags and possibly Billy's kids in SD. Hope it's true.

Meanwhile though, I don't know if we understand how hard the owners, Mods, etc work to keep this board going. It's really quite a treasure. And so, I issue a hearty "THANKS" to the Mods.and THANX to ZN without whose work we woudn't be so entertained or informed. Well done peoples.

As we say "down under" On ya! AR, may there B a thousand more. Congrats MDABE80 for 1000 also!

This board is addictive and I spend too much work time on it!!!!

Thanks to all (especially ZN and BZ) of you who make contributions.....and offer your personal opinions. You all make me feel closer to the action.

To my fellow Northerners and Aussies stay tuned we may be making major contrubutions to the Zag cause!

OZZAg.

Go Zags