Thread: Zags on local radio today

Default Zags on local radio today

Pargo, Bouldin and Sorenson sat down with Jay & Kevin on local radio staton KDRK this morning for 20 minutes or so and offered up a variety of information, none of the breaking news variety but all of it interesting and a lot of it humorous.

I believe the appearance was primarily a promotion for the upcoming Kraziness in the Kennel and Pargo offered he has a skit of sorts planned for the event. No further details but Bouldin was more enamored of the skit than last years team dance which he said he just couldn't master. Pargo is a bit of a prankster and a funny guy but he seemed sincere about the skit, so I'll take him at his word.

Entrants in the dunking contest are Pargo, Downs, Goodson and Ira I believe. When asked who was the fastest on the team, hands down-Goodson; strongest-Ira; best dunker-Micah.

Sorenson is called Earthworm because when he tried on his first uniform word was it must have been for Will Foster because the pants and shirt both hit the floor. Apparently there is a character on Sponge Bob, Square Pants named Earthworm and thus the Sorenson nickname.

Asked who drove to the studio for an early morning interview, Sorenson said he was most capable at that hour, Pargo and Bouldin apparently are not especially "morning people" and Pargo said he may in fact sleep in the car on the way back to the campus. Bouldin did say he has Tuesday and Thursday 8am classes but said he waited to long to register, thus the early class. Pargo said he tries to get in the gym at 8 every working on his shooting. Said he needs to do that to help the team.

Apparently Bouldin is a bit of a clothes horse and is well known to the help at Nordstroms. Pargo says he loves McDonalds burgers (no secret) and in fact prefers them to Wolfy's, the new tenant on Sharp and Hamilton. Eating a quarter pounder or two every day for a month is no problem for Pargo.

I tried to take some accurate notes so I could get some of the info on the board and I believe everything here is pretty much right on. If I misquoted someone I apologize. I thought those of you who did not have the opportunity to listen or who live somewhere other than the Spokane area would like a little update.

Sounds pretty entertaining, I checked the site for a link to hear it but no such luck.

Anything said about how they thought the team was going to be this season, or how far they set their goals during the season or in March?
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

hondo46 Guest

Default Thanks 116

I missed it, thank you for the info.

It was interesting to me nothing was said about team goals or how the guys thought they would do. Don't know if it was discussed beforehand those subjects would not be discussed or if they just never came up. Frankly I was waiting to hear something about the upcoming season but it just never came up.

A funny sidenote happened when the guys were talking about the local "talent" and Pargo received a call from some girl. They had him answer it and when he said he was on the radio she immediately hung up. Bouldin was giving him a hard time about being a ladies man. Also, Pendo was texting Pargo during the show.

All us non-Spokane fans appreciate the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Nevtelen View Post
    All us non-Spokane fans appreciate the info!

Thanks for the report, Section 116

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Here's an addition to my earlier post regarding the radio show this morning. Pargo said his arm hurt and when asked why he said it was because he had a flu shot and he just didn't understand why anyone would get a shot for something when all did was make you sick. One of the DJ's told Pargo it really wasn't true that getting a flu shot would give you the flu and Pargo laughed and said he really didn't care, his arm still hurt. It really is a lot of fun listening to these guys when they are in an unscripted environment as opposed to a mike in your face after the game. The camaraderie amongst these guys is just wonderful.

They were also asked about being early risers and Pargo said that he'd been in shooting at 8am. Jay asked in disbelief that Few would make him come in that early and Pargo said that if you'd been watching any games last year, you'd notice that he needed to work on his shot, thus he was going in early on his own to work on his shot. I can definitely see the humorous side of Pargo.
    2Zags4Pups

Same 3 guys were on an afternoon sports show today also...
    here is a link to the interview in mp3 form...
    some interesting stories, some info and lots of kidding around

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=439826589

Thanks for the info Section 116. I would imagine that the interview will be put online eventually, Jay and Kevin normally have lots of Zags stuff on their site http://www.jaykevin.com/. If not, go to the site and email them, I bet that they would put it up.
    " 'Damn! I made a lot of stupid – and you can quote me on this – stupid-ass plays. Man, that's gross. But at least we got the win.' " -Jeremy Pargo