Thread: New to the Board

Thumbs up New to the Board

Hey guys,

I am new to the board and just wanted to check in. GU alum class of 2006 and 2007. Super pumped for the upcoming season and am really confident for the season. I keep close tabs on the team and believe this could be one of the best! I hope the weather is as nice around the country as it is here in Denver. Go Zags.

Welcome to the board. Woohoo will greet your shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by GUZagDenver View Post
    Hey guys,

I am new to the board and just wanted to check in. GU alum class of 2006 and 2007. Super pumped for the upcoming season and am really confident for the season. I keep close tabs on the team and believe this could be one of the best! I hope the weather is as nice around the country as it is here in Denver. Go Zags.
    Denver...Gorgeous...

Welcome to the board...It is a great time to get into it as the season is just about to make things on here much more interesting.

Welcome...

Welcome aboard GUZagDenver! Lots of fun on this board. We fight a bit too . Anyhow........welcome!!!
    Last edited by BobZag; 10-08-2008 at 03:59 PM.

You may want to join the Denver alumni chapter. Very fun events. Lots of Zags of all ages here in Denver. If you want to join and are not already a member, I'll forward you the info that I get. I think you can sign up on the school's website though.

There should be a fall event coming up and there are always Zag game watch parties although as a father of 2, I am restricted to my fortress of solitude (basement) for the games. Plus, my boys look great in all their little zags gear.

I do try to make it to the events and there is a GU golf tourney here.

At any rate, I hope to meet you at one of these soon.

BTW, I let me know what you think of the weather in Denver after this weekend. I can't wait for the cold snow/rain on sat/sun. I hear A-Basin and Loveland already have their snow making machines going.

Hey guys,

WELCOME ABOARD GUZagDenver!!!!

Allow myself to introduce.....myself....

I am Woohoo, aka Woo911OperatorHoo.

I am pretty much the coolest guy on this board when it comes to answering 911 Emergency calls. As a matter of fact, I have been answering 911 calls for the last couple decades. I answered my first 911 call back in '87, when the St. Louis Rams beat the Dallas Cowboys to win Superbowl XI. That 911 call was actually quite interesting...especially since it was my very first one. It was from a 4 year old boy that fell off a cliff, and called 911 from his blackberry WHILE he was falling! It was an extremely long fall, obviously. Anyways, I dispatched the authorities, and they brought a huge vat of cotton, silk threadings, and jello and put it at his approximate landing point JUST in the nick of time. He landed safely and lived. Ever since then, they have named that cliff after me, it's called Cliff Totally Awesome.

But enough about me, let me tell you about a few of our posters. Since I have been the 911 operator guy for so long, I have actually taken a few calls from some of our posters on this board. Take for instance the time my good friend RenoZag called with a very odd problem. It seems he had gotten into his car, and thought someone had stolen his steering wheel, and he was also LOCKED in! After dispatching the proper authorities, they discoverd that Mr. RenoZag had actually just gotten into the backseat of his car, instead of the front (which explains why there was no steering wheel). RenoZag is no longer allowed to drive...he is pretty old if you haven't guessed...

Then there is the time my buddy ZagManFan called in...it was late one Sunday night, and apparently he had broken into a Dress Barn store (if you are not familiar with the chain, it's a women's clothing store). ZagManFan was in the store after closing hours, and was trying on women's clothing and taking photos of himself in the dresses. While he was trying on a pair of high heels, he tripped, and speared himself through the ankle with a metal hanger. He couldn't walk...so the only way to get out of the store was to call 911. Since he had no record, and technically hadn't stolen anything, he was let go with community service.

And last but not least, was the time my best buddy Rubbadub called in...this was probably only 2-3 weeks ago. There was a really bad thunderstorm, and all of the power in his parent's home was out. Since Rub lives in their basement, and there were no windows, his basement was COMPLETELY pitch black. Luckily, Rub had cell reception and was able to call for help before he ran out of food. When the authorities found him in the basement, they were caught just a little off gaurd...There was a blonde, life-sized, inflateable doll (that for some reason looked like she was singing "Ahhhhhhhh") hand-cuffed to his bed. We asked why he had a doll hand-cuffed to his bed, Rub said it was for a school experiment.

Enough about me and my friends though, WELCOME ABOARD GUZagDenver!!!!
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

As usual woohoo...

People need to join this board and put up a post like the opening post of the thread more often... just so we can get the woohoo greeting.

btw... a pic of Cliff Totally Awesome:

Your best work yet, WooHoo.

Slow day at the insurance company woohoo?

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post

btw... a pic of Cliff Totally Awesome:

Ah, yes, thank you for posting the cliff LIZF. I guess that was taken before they put up the new handrails?

Lurknomore- Actually, it's quite a busy day at the insurance company, but new posters ALWAYS come before clients. :-) (I bet you often get that same type of vibe when you call your personal insurance agent too, right??) haha

Welcome to the boards dear sir! Woohoo, nice job as usual. The story about Rub is true by the way. I witnessed it.
    Torerograd '10

Good job Woohoo, well done!

And, I don't know about that Rub, living in his parent's basement with his plastic blond girlfriend.

Welcome to the board Denver!

And I always also say this: Go Zags!!!

Hardy har har everybody....

Go Zags!!! Just Foo'in around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubbadub View Post
    Hardy har har everybody....

Rub's always such a good sport. That's why he's like...in my Top 50 favorite posters on this board.

Just kidding buddy, your pretty much totally way higher than that!

Hey guys,

Welcome GUZagDenver. Enjoy the ride and if you have the fortitude visit the FOO. Some go in and never come back out, others run for their lives. Do you dare step into the FOO?

Oh and WooHoo great stuff. That is a gift.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
    Those who understand binary and those who do not.
    "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO

E .· ` ' / ·. F
    The FOO fuels me.