Thread: Why the freshman left UW

Default Why the freshman left UW

Here's a piece from Steve Kelley at the Seattle Times addressing the departure of numerous freshman, including Katelan Redmon, who transferred to Gonzaga:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._kelley04.html

Interesting find, 116. Thanks. I'm glad we have Kelly Graves.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Post So many styles of coaching...

I can understand what has happened if the article is accurate. I feel I know Katelan from L-C. She grew up some this past season and as a result of her experience at U. of Dub I believe she will be a better player for the Lady Zags more so than if she had of come straight to us from L-C.

I have seen Kelly change somewhat sense he arrived at GU. I think he is a more effective coach than eight years age. I have made a point of studying Coach Graves every game and privately evaluate his coaching ability from only my lame point of view. Kelly has improved and will be a wonderful coach for Katelan. Katelan will continue to discover that GU and Spokane fans are her best friends and she is truly loved at GU.

Apparently Jackson is good for our basketball program. Thanks coach!
    The players, coaches come and go, it's the Ladies Basketball program that endures!

That article pretty much matches Zagco's experience with her. As he has said, when the Huskies came to Boise last fall, Zagco's daughter and another girl with ball-girling for the Huskies (the ball girls alternate benches). It was not a good atmosphere. The language that was used was too much for 8-10 year old girls. They were allowed to leave the Husky bench about 5 minutes into the second half. She was abusive.

Zagco loves old school coaches, but "old school" does not translate into foul trash talk on the bench.