Thread: OT Portland State players in big trouble

Default OT Portland State players in big trouble

Typical poor journalism by the Oregonian.
    I just sent the following e-mail to the reporter:

Mr. Beseda:

PSU is NOT in the West Coast Conference.
    The West Coast Conference player of the year was Jeremy Pargo.

Perhaps you should make some corrections to your story….
    ZAGS RULE!!!

Default Wow.

There seems to be something serious here, not just hearsay... the AP has confirmed the story.

This is not good or to be taken lightly... these guys could be facing some serious consequences.

The PSU Athletic Department released this statement:
    It is our understanding that two members of our men's basketball team, Scott Morrison and Jeremiah Dominguez, have been detained by authorities for their role in an altercation in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. It is difficult at this time to get information on their situation. We are awaiting reliable information and we will respond appropriately once we have confirmed information regarding the charges.

Statement from Director of Athletics Torre Chisholm: "We are surprised and disappointed in the actions and poor judgement our student athletes have shown in this situation. Prior to this, they conducted themselves in a positive manner within our program. I am disheartened to see them put themselves in such a bad position."
    Links:

http://blog.oregonlive.com/breakingn...onnection.html

http://www.katu.com/news/17198651.html

http://blog.oregonlive.com/portlands...legedly_d.html
    Go Pilots!

Default Mexico

One thing for sure, YOU DO NOT WANT TO EVER BE IN A MEXICAN JAIL.

Not matter the circumstances, you really do not want to wind up in a Mexican jail. Really hope these guys get out, but good luck.

What a long and strange road Dominquez has taken...

Sign with UP

Play at UP

Flunk out of UP

Transfer to PSU

Play at PSU

POY in the Big Sky

Lead PSU to its first NCAA Tourney

Make Hon. Mention AP All-American

Go to Cabo

Get arrested for allegedly beating the snot out of some guy outside of Squid Roe (should have gone to Cabo Wabo?)

End up in a Mexican Jail.
    Last edited by Angelo Roncalli; 04-02-2008 at 01:51 PM.
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Just read somewhere...

"Dominguez was the not the one who beat him up but he ran away from police and that's what got him in trouble ... Police threw him

on the ground and p unched him because he resisted arrest," she told The Associated Press."

Morrison did the beating up. He played in the same league as Rob here in Vancouver. They played head to head when Morrison was a Sr and Rob a Grade 9 player.

"3:10 to Yuma"

116 has a link to a more accurate article: http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview....ad.php?t=11528

It sounds like between the two of them they put a serious hurting on a guy from Michigan. Not cool at all.

Doctors put eight screws and two titanium plates in Meagher's (the victim) jaw, Rojas (the MD) said. Meagher, who identified the players as being involved in the attack, is conscious and in stable condition and wants to go home to Michigan. Rojas said doctors will meet later tonight to determine whether it's safe for him to be released.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by Scotto View Post
    Just read somewhere...

"Dominguez was the not the one who beat him up but he ran away from police and that's what got him in trouble ... Police threw him

on the ground and p unched him because he resisted arrest," she told The Associated Press."

Morrison did the beating up. He played in the same league as Rob here in Vancouver. They played head to head when Morrison was a Sr and Rob a Grade 9 player.
    I am reading/seeing the same thing; it sounds like Morrison was the fighter. A medic at the clinic that helped the victim seems to have said something along the lines of "the wounds werent from a baseball bat, they were from something worse." KATU thinks that JD will be released soon. Morrison, however...
    Go Pilots!

This was the lead story on our local late night news tonight. Looks like they might be charged with attempted murder. Or at least Morrison might be.

Default they've been released...

"Late tonight, an attorney for center Scott Morrison and guard Jeremiah Dominguez struck a deal with the victim and the two were released from custody, a source close to the investigation said. Depending on terms of the agreement, they could face further legal action in the United States. "

http://blog.oregonlive.com/sportsupd...onnection.html

http://www.oregonlive.com/vikings/
    ZAGS RULE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lawzag View Post
    "Late tonight, an attorney for center Scott Morrison and guard Jeremiah Dominguez struck a deal with the victim and the two were released from custody, a source close to the investigation said. Depending on terms of the agreement, they could face further legal action in the United States. "

http://blog.oregonlive.com/sportsupd...onnection.html

http://www.oregonlive.com/vikings/
    Struck a deal with the vicitm?

HaHaHa

More like struck a deal with the local government. Buying your way out of prison is a way of life down there.
    I miss Mike Hart

ESPN reporting both were not involved and now have been released.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3325761
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should have accomplished ....." - John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by 7ICoug View Post

Noted scribe John Canzano wrote a diatribe in this morning's Oregonian excoriating Morrison. Will Canzano now retract?

NB: I have amended my Dominquez chronology accordingly.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/ore...090.xml&coll=7
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

bartruff1 Guest

Default You got that right !!

Quote Originally Posted by HRZag View Post
    One thing for sure, YOU DO NOT WANT TO EVER BE IN A MEXICAN JAIL.

Not matter the circumstances, you really do not want to wind up in a Mexican jail. Really hope these guys get out, but good luck.
    When I was young and foolish I got put a Mexican Jail, and it was bad...at that time the worst crooks in threre were the cops. It took all our money and a bad check to get out on bail, we skipped out and rode (motorcycles) all night to escape to Tuscon. Will never...ever go back...

Quote Originally Posted by 7ICoug View Post

Not quite.

ESPN is reporting that they were released and deny being involved. I hope that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    When I was young and foolish I got put a Mexican Jail, and it was bad...at that time the worst crooks in threre were the cops. It took all our money and a bad check to get out on bail, we skipped out and rode (motorcycles) all night to escape to Tuscon. Will never...ever go back...
    Bartruff1, that sounds like the making of a great movie!

btw, didn't Dog the bounty hunter get arrested and sent back to mexico for skipping out on bail?

Default That Canzano guy

Is a terrible journalist. Talk about jumping to conclusions. I never read his stuff other than the second hand junk that was posted on this board regarding Mark Few. Where did this guy get his degree? What a hack.

Through some of my local connections, the family has stated the Scott Morrison has been released and was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

bartruff1 Guest

Default You are guilty unless...

Quote Originally Posted by omahazag View Post
    Bartruff1, that sounds like the making of a great movie!

btw, didn't Dog the bounty hunter get arrested and sent back to mexico for skipping out on bail?
    It was scary as hell, there was school teacher in there that was accused of being a communist because he talked to some field workers...the mayor was the landowner....he had been in jail for two years and when I asked him when he would go to trial, he said never. You wouldn't last long in one of those hell holes....those kids from Portland are lucky that someone knew where they were and they had the resources to buy their way out. One of the guys I was in with was Paul Morgan, he and his wife ran the book store at Gonzaga for years..

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    It was scary as hell, there was school teacher in there that was accused of being a communist because he talked to some field workers...the mayor was the landowner....he had been in jail for two years and when I asked him when he would go to trial, he said never. You wouldn't last long in one of those hell holes....those kids from Portland are lucky that someone knew where they were and they had the resources to buy their way out. One of the guys I was in with was Paul Morgan, he and his wife ran the book store at Gonzaga for years..
    Where were you at in Mexico? Its a little bit different on the resorts.

bartruff1 Guest

Default Wellll...we were young...you know...looking for fun..

Quote Originally Posted by zagfever86 View Post
    Where were you at in Mexico? Its a little bit different on the resorts.
    ...let's just say it wasn't a resort...ok

Article from yesterday:

Two Stories Emerge