Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pargo is good to go

Default Pargo is good to go

I am paraphrasing here, but Pargo said that he is playing, even if he's injured. Quite a warrior, that one.
    Last edited by zagster318; 03-05-2007 at 10:09 AM.

Default Re:

The Zags will have tons of time to rest and heal after tomorrow night. You'd have to cut off Jeremy's limbs to keep him from playing....and even that might not work.

RebornZag Guest

Default Pargo is good to go!!

Zagster318 said, "Quite a warrior, that one." I couldn't agree more....The Ninja Warriors are getting ready for War in Portland.

Default Status of injury?

Does any one have insight into his "injury"? While it didn't seem to hamper his ability to play, he was limping noticeably. Was it a thigh injury? Bruised muscle? If so, he'll be pretty sore today.

JAGZag, the quotes from Few in the funny papers say it is a contusion.

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

IT'S A CONTUSION! Crap, I thought it was just a bruise. I guess I should look at the bright side, at least they're not calling it a hematoma or a dreaded ecchymosis.

Birddog

Glad to hear he's GTG tonight, we'll need strong guard play.

Default But will it impact his play?

There never was a question as to whether Jeremy would play tonight. If he could walk, he would play. The question is whether this deep thigh bruise will affect his play. Jeremy is a warrior but we need his A game tonight.

Yes it will affect his play. A thigh bruise is unlike any other. The quad muscle is huge. When it is bruised from a knee jabbing into it, you can't hardly walk without that muscle-bruise shaking, and everytime it shakes it hurts big time. This injury sidelines NFL players for weeks. Shaq was useless two years ago because of a thigh bruise. Try stretching it and, youch.

Pargo will be lucky to play tonight, and even if he does, he'll be 50% at best.

The Zags are in a bit of trouble now.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Derek & Matt will have to run the point most of the time and PMAC will need to provide some key relief minutes as well.

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Pargo is great at dribble penetration, but after last night I'd like to see MB get some minutes at the point in light of Pargo's injury.

I noticed Pargo winced heavily at the simple movement of crouching (knee bending) before shooting free throws and was then short on his shot. I've had all types of charlie horses, thigh contusion, pulled hammy, torn ankle ligament and I can honestly say the thigh contusion never truly goes away during a game...every time you squat or jump it's there.

When Jeremy tried to dunk after drawing the foul he was noticeably short, but he just needs to understand that he can change his game...still drive, but dish...no jumpers...dish the ball before you draw contact. He will still be the warrior, but more of smoke and mirrors until his thigh heals.
    You're Scotch man! Time to get pissed.
    http://twitter.com/smmclean/zags

It looked to me like the refs were picking on Pargo last night. He's a strong guy, and he got knocked down several times with no foul call. Then, he gets in perfect position to draw a charge, and they call him for blocking instead. All I could think of is he must have said something to the refs after the first no-call, when he was mugged and got the bruise...

They'll just need to take more advantage of Coach Few's improvisational skills until Pargo's injury heals. It's one thing Coach is very very good at doing, like using Will last night.

Good luck to the Zags tonight...I would love to see both Men's and Women's teams be conference tourney champions!

playing with a bruise on the thigh is brutal. i hope we can get some good minutes from pargo, but pmac better be ready to go.

Default The "Tasmanian Devil"

Jeremy should have a "Tasmanian Devil" patch on his jersey. His toughness, spin moves, drives and speed down the court warrent the nick-name.
    [/QUOTE]“Sometimes a player's greatest challenge is coming to grips with his role on the team.”
    ― Scottie Pippen

alaskazagnut Guest

Default Jeremy "TAZ" Pargo

I like it, Hillbilly. Especially fitting for his whirlwind spin moves to the hoop.

I loved the comments on one of his driving plays in Sports Center - "Pargo drives, spins, holds off a defender, does his taxes while haning in the air... sinke the shot, and 1." That's just about right. His scoring we can replace. If PMAC is on, we can replace his D. But against a good team like SCU, he will be hard to replace. Just is relentless pushing of the ball and presence on the court... We're just better with him out there. I hope he can give us some minutes. Maybe the'll get him a bike like JP had last year. Man, what is it with contusions and the WCC finals - JP last year, Pargo this year... Hope that string doesn't continue.

Pargo's toughness reminds me, in a humorous way, of the Black Knight in the Monty Python movie "The Holy Grail". His arm is cut off and King Arthur says "Now stand aside, worthy Adversary", the Black Knight replies "Tis but a scratch" (KA)-"A Scratch?! Your arm's off", (BK)-"No it isn't", (KA)-"Then what's that then", (BK)-"I've had worse".

There is no quit in this kid. The body is an amasing machine and capable of many things even when injured. Sometimes we ask to much, but i hope he can come in for at least part of the game. This would give a great emotional lift if the team was playing a bit down. Just like when Mallon came in last week for token minutes. His play inspired others to work a little harder.

Default pargo

Quote Originally Posted by madness View Post
    When Jeremy tried to dunk after drawing the foul he was noticeably short, but he just needs to understand that he can change his game...still drive, but dish...no jumpers...dish the ball before you draw contact. He will still be the warrior, but more of smoke and mirrors until his thigh heals.
    True. But, he was also attempting to dunk standing under the rim. I don't even know if Yao Ming could do that. A remarkable attempt, especially for a point guard...with a thigh bruise to boot.

RebornZag Guest

Default Pargo is good to go!!!

I can't help laughing...Some of you guys just make me hysterical. Pargo not playing tonight? And most all of you seem to think you know him pretty well? This is the biggest battle of the year. He is our fearless warrior!!! He is Braveheart...riding on his horse, employing his followers into action, challenging them to reach for the greatest of all goals. If we lose we don't dance they say. So don't worry...He'll suit up, put on his breast plate and helmet, pick up his sword and lead his mighty warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Yes it will affect his play. A thigh bruise is unlike any other. The quad muscle is huge. When it is bruised from a knee jabbing into it, you can't hardly walk without that muscle-bruise shaking, and everytime it shakes it hurts big time. This injury sidelines NFL players for weeks. Shaq was useless two years ago because of a thigh bruise. Try stretching it and, youch.

Pargo will be lucky to play tonight, and even if he does, he'll be 50% at best.

The Zags are in a bit of trouble now.
    Does this mean he will run at 50% his normal speed? Jump 50% as high? And only shoot 50% of his normal percentage? That would suck.

Default Choosy moms choose Pargo

As good with kids as he is with the ball.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Default Hits his first bucket!

Good start for our warrior.

No flashy spin and dunk tonight, but he's getting it done as a PG. I'll take it.