Thread: Tiger stretches it to 7 in a row.

Default Tiger stretches it to 7 in a row.

Anyone see that birdie putt on 18 for the win?

The guy still finds ways to amaze. I've always been a Tiger fan, but no matter who you are, if you love golf, you got to love Tiger right now. His game has transcended into pure virtuosity.
    Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
    You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

That was a clutch putt and his legend continues to grow. It wasn't a hard choice to watch Tiger vs. the hoops games that were running concurrently on CBS and ESPN. . .I'll get my fill of hoops this coming weekend.

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

How can anyone speak of "streaks" when it comes to today's golfers?

Tiger wins, then sits out 3-4 weeks. He won't play courses he doesn't like. It would be like DiMaggio sitting out a game against Bob Feller, or any other pitcher he had problems with.

Don't get me wrong, Tiger is a unique talent. But he's a golfer.

Quote Originally Posted by MedZag View Post
    Anyone see that birdie putt on 18 for the win?

The guy still finds ways to amaze. I've always been a Tiger fan, but no matter who you are, if you love golf, you got to love Tiger right now. His game has transcended into pure virtuosity.
    What cracks me up is the way his "competition" melts when they play against him.

Except, of course, when the Ryder Cup comes around, and the Europeans whip up on the same "competition" that Tiger faces.

I'm just not impressed with the intestinal fortitude of the American pro golfer, with the exception of Tiger, and perhaps Phil.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    That was a clutch putt and his legend continues to grow. It wasn't a hard choice to watch Tiger vs. the hoops games that were running concurrently on CBS and ESPN. . .I'll get my fill of hoops this coming weekend.
    I agree - and as soon as I heard the commentator say there was a better than 90% chance he would miss the putt and be in a playoff with Bryant I knew he would drain it.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching"
    Yogi Berra

Tex,

I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one.

Golf, as those who play it, is the hardest game to be consistently good at there is.

What Tiger is accomplishing is remarkable.

As for the nerves of his competitors, remember, 90% plus of these guys on tour have no guaranteed money. They perform well and they get paid. Miss the cut, they go home with no money. That fact alone has always made me admire the nerve and ability of professional golfers because they are playing for their supper.

Have some golfers screwed up under the heat of a Tiger charge, yep. Bryant was not one of them. He actually was putting the heat on tiger by playing his best round of the week on Sunday. Which forced Tiger to birdie that final hole to one up him.

Tiger is truly a once in a generation competitor. There is not a single athlete on the planet today who is more dominant or clutch.