Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: -----GUnit of The Game----- (Santa Clara)

TEAM with an HM to Gray for his career night. I hope hr hits like that for three or four weeks to come. Man!!!!
    "Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck..."

Stephen Gray

Fantastic way to usher out the seniors at their last game in the MAC! This team is hitting on all cylinders right now and that has to make Kuso and Pendo very happy, especially after how the team was at this point last year.

I will go with Gray and his phenomenal shooting for G-Unit.

Bouldin had another terrifically solid game, too. He shot better than 50% on the night, 14 pts, 4 rebounds, 6 assists, only 2 TOs that he compensated for by getting 2 swipes. Very nice to be interchangable at the PG.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

STEVEN GRAY!!!! No doubt about it, I've been waiting for this breakout game all season. He was unbelievable tonight. I am very excited that this will boost his confidence heading into both tourneys and that makes this team much scarier.
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    GUnit??

The last 2 games have practically made this thread obsolete.

Honestly, can I deny the GUnit to Pendo or Kuso for their leadership and hustle and demeanor?

Can I deny Micah Downs, who has become Pendo lite with a slighter better pedigree and the be everywhere on the court attitude?

Can I deny Gray for a career night and a that silky smooth J?

Can I deny Pargo for essentially toying with Santa Clara defense and doing what ever he wanted on the court when ever he wanted?

Can I deny Bouldin for another stellar all around game?

Can I deny the bench players for not letting down one iota from the product that is on the floor when the starters are out there?

Can I deny the defense that held Santa Clara to under 40 pts until the garbage time?

Can I deny the offense that was efficient as its ever been this year?

Can I deny the coaching staff that has this team peaking at just the right time?

How can I? I officially abstain from choosing a GUnit, it makes no sense for this game whatsoever. Individual honors make no sense on this occassion.

I know what you are trying to say former. I don't think there is an obvious player of the game, I think there are a few different guys that are deserving, which is basically why I went with Penduso. I'm not so much leaving the other players on the team out, I'm just saying after everything Kuso and especially Pendo has given this team over the years...I will lift them up about 2 inches higher than the rest of the team for this one game...especially since its senior night. I think they deserve it.
    Last edited by gozagswoohoo; 03-04-2008 at 08:43 AM.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Gray.

Penduso...

But with a huge HM to Gray who was just sick from threeland last night.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

I'm going with Downs...I just really like the way he is playing.
    Me too, but I guess we're in the minority.

Downs' stat line: 4-9 (FG) 1-3 (3pt) 1-1 (FT) 3 (RB) 1(PF) 10(TP) 2(A) 0(TO) 1(BL) 4(ST) 21(MIN)

Downs is quietly becoming a defensive force and an opportunistic offensive player. He's just not making any mistakes. Last night, that passing fake he made to clear his way for the layup on the break was beautiful.

Here are the stats from SMC game: 3-5(FG) 0-2(3pt) 2-2(FT) 6(RB) 1(PF) 8(TP) 3(A) 0(TO) 2(BL) 2(ST) 29(Min)
    Other players are really stepping it up and their offensive production might be more obvious, but Downs is really getting the job done and not making mistakes in the process. It's tough to single out just one player these days, but I'll go with DOWNS.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Default Downs

Although Gray had the hot hand, I thought Micah had the best all around game.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching"
    Yogi Berra

Penduso!

Penduso, two great guys with heart and hustle, which are the only things you can truly ask for from these players.

But if it wasn't their last game then I'd go with Downs, great all around game, 4 steals!!

I sure hope that finger is ok, used my DVR to get a clear view of that it and boy oh boy that was nasty, Downs left hand is taking a beating this year.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

GUnit??

The last 2 games have practically made this thread obsolete.

Honestly, can I deny the GUnit to Pendo or Kuso for their leadership and hustle and demeanor?

Can I deny Micah Downs, who has become Pendo lite with a slighter better pedigree and the be everywhere on the court attitude?

Can I deny Pargo for essentially toying with Santa Clara defense and doing what ever he wanted on the court when ever he wanted?
    Can I deny the bench players for not letting down one iota from the product that is on the floor when the starters are out there?
    Can I deny the defense that held Santa Clara to under 40 pts until the garbage time?
    Can I deny the offense that was efficient as its ever been this year?
    Can I deny the coaching staff that has this team peaking at just the right time?
    How can I? I officially abstain from choosing a GUnit, it makes no sense for this game whatsoever. Individual honors make no sense on this occasion.
    "ditto" plus the fans were great tonight!
    “Great plays wins games, but teamwork and hard work wins championships.”

Gotta go with Gray. 6-7 from 3 point land. Just another thing for teams to think about as we move forward.

On any other night my vote would have been Micah. He has really turned it on. Also Gray and Pargo would have been in the running, but tonight I think it all goes to Penduso. Their fire and hustle has been fun to watch and they are all getting better at the right time. When Micah was first hurt I thought it was something broken and would be lost at the wrong time. But boy that must have hurt and then to pop it back in and return to the game. That is showing the Pendo of the future.

Steven Gray. That's the first time I remember seeing him smile on TV during a game. I hope we see that smile a lot in March/April.

Default Gotta go with the Seniors!!!

PENDUSO it is.

Great job by the whole team.

The Seniors. Gray a very close second.

Mr. Gray.

STEPHEN GRAY - the new Zag Stud!

If it was G-Unit for a Career- Pendo...
    But Gray was the Man of the night.

Gray

downs
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

I have to vote for the Iceman - Stephen Gray.

HM to Penduso.
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

can I deny the GUnit to Pendo or Kuso for their leadership and hustle and demeanor?

The unit was the team.
    It is great to see so much balance, and it makes it really hard for the opposition.

Gray for knocking down 6 of 7 from beyond the arc.

With that said, Pargo's performance can't go unnoticed. He was 4 of 6 from the floor with one of those misses being the 30 footer he took after LG rebounded his own missed airball and the shot clock was ticking down. Pargo had 7 assists to 2 turnovers, inching closer to the magical 2.0 A/T ratio. Oh yeah, and Bouldin had a great night as well with 6 assists and 14 pts on 5 of 9 shooting. And don't forget the seniors! Uber's starting to sound like F1D...ewwwww.
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!

Quote Originally Posted by UberZagFan View Post
    Uber's starting to sound like F1D...ewwwww.
    Yeah! Minus the eloquence and stuff, of course.