Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: -----GUnit of The Game----- (Santa Clara)

Default -----GUnit of The Game----- (Santa Clara)

Thank you seniors!!! Holy moly...that was SLIGHTLY different from the first meeting with Santa Clara...I know Angley was out...but still...

My GUnit- I wanted to vote Gray...I wanted to vote Pargo...I wanted to vote Pendo since its his senior night, and I wanted to vote Kuso for the same reason....but I can't decide.

SO MY GUNIT IS........... PENDUSO!
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

I'm going to vote for Gray, but this was a total team effort, and one of the most fun GU games I've ever watched! Go Zags!

Penduso.

David rainin' threes! Ab divin' after balls!
    Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
    You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

it's senior night, so with apologies to gray and pargo...

i'm going to agree with penduso.

GU Class of '07

Let's be objective here, folks.

Yes, it's senior night, but

GRAY

is
    the
    GUnit.

Nice to get Bouldin and Gray back in consecutive games.

Definitely Penduso
    Go Zags!!! Just Foo'in around.

Penduso!!!

GUnit??

The last 2 games have practically made this thread obsolete.

Honestly, can I deny the GUnit to Pendo or Kuso for their leadership and hustle and demeanor?

Can I deny Micah Downs, who has become Pendo lite with a slighter better pedigree and the be everywhere on the court attitude?

Can I deny Gray for a career night and a that silky smooth J?

Can I deny Pargo for essentially toying with Santa Clara defense and doing what ever he wanted on the court when ever he wanted?

Can I deny Bouldin for another stellar all around game?

Can I deny the bench players for not letting down one iota from the product that is on the floor when the starters are out there?

Can I deny the defense that held Santa Clara to under 40 pts until the garbage time?

Can I deny the offense that was efficient as its ever been this year?

Can I deny the coaching staff that has this team peaking at just the right time?

How can I? I officially abstain from choosing a GUnit, it makes no sense for this game whatsoever. Individual honors make no sense on this occassion.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_Sutpen View Post
    Let's be objective here, folks.
    Well if you really want to get technical, the GUnit is supposed to go to the player which made the difference between a win or a loss.

By this logic, I postulate:
    (1) Everyone on this team loves Pendo and Kuso.
    (2) Since everyone loves them everyone was devoted to giving them a win on their senior night.
    (3) Therefore, by simply showing up at the game, Pendo and Kuso made the biggest difference of anyone towards this being a blowout.
    You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

Quote Originally Posted by MedZag View Post
    Well if you really want to get technical, the GUnit is supposed to go to the player which made the difference between a win or a loss.

(2) Since everyone loves them everyone was devoted to giving them a win on their senior night.
    (3) Therefore, by simply showing up at the game, Pendo and Kuso made the biggest difference of anyone towards this being a blowout.

GU Class of '07

Gray. the kid was loving it tonight and i'm hoping that confidence carries over

Impossible for me to decide. I really wish I could have been out on the town watching the game with all of my friends, instead of home sick. I really wanted to cheer and go nuts because this was the most fun I've had watching a Gonzaga game all season. They were all clicking tonight and it was an absolute joy to watch!
    I wear a helmet while internetting.

Gray.

Default The team game has been incredible.

First off, I have to cast my vote for the red-headed Nigerian: Penduso!

That said, Gray was on fire. Matt was every bit of the stud we know he can be - does he ever look harried or hurried?

Also, the most honorable of honorable mentions for the year goes to Michah. Remember when people thought this kid had an attitude or was a head case? Wow is the joke on those people. His intensity and all around game are incredible. This year alone he's come back in the same game after a sprained wrist, stitches to the head and an ugly dislocated finger.

All props to Pendo and Kuso, but my GUnit of the game goes to GRAY!

This is a perfectly logical way of determining that Penduso is in fact the GUnit. Props to Gray though...I love that kid on the court...so smooth.

Default My GUnit...

Sherdrick Bonner of the Chicago Rush. 6 TD passes at 39 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthWestZag View Post
    Sherdrick Bonner of the Chicago Rush. 6 TD passes at 39 years old.
    Now that made me laugh out loud. But what about A.J. Haglund of the San Jose Shark's onside kick that almost sparked the comeback!?!

I'm going with Downs...I just really like the way he is playing.

Penduso!
    otherwise known as the Rooster from Nigeria!

"You talkin' to us?"

"Gonzaga's David Pendergraft, left, celebrates with teammate Abdullahi Kuso after the game Saturday, Mar. 2, 2008 as the Gonzaga Bulldogs faced WCC opponent St. Mary's at the McCarthey Athletic Center in Spokane. Gonzaga won, 88-76. (Jesse Tinsley/SR)" Spokesman-Review photo album, Zags-St. Maries.

PENDUSO it is. These two are roommates, and just great guys!!! WE LOVE YOU BOTH!!!
    " 'Damn! I made a lot of stupid – and you can quote me on this – stupid-ass plays. Man, that's gross. But at least we got the win.' " -Jeremy Pargo

It was a GRAY day

Now that made me laugh out loud. But what about A.J. Haglund of the San Jose Shark's onside kick that almost sparked the comeback!?!
    Sweet! I'll go with Haglund.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    GUnit??

The last 2 games have practically made this thread obsolete.

Honestly, can I deny the GUnit to Pendo or Kuso for their leadership and hustle and demeanor?

Can I deny Micah Downs, who has become Pendo lite with a slighter better pedigree and the be everywhere on the court attitude?

Can I deny Gray for a career night and a that silky smooth J?

Can I deny Pargo for essentially toying with Santa Clara defense and doing what ever he wanted on the court when ever he wanted?

Can I deny Bouldin for another stellar all around game?

Can I deny the bench players for not letting down one iota from the product that is on the floor when the starters are out there?

Can I deny the defense that held Santa Clara to under 40 pts until the garbage time?

Can I deny the offense that was efficient as its ever been this year?

Can I deny the coaching staff that has this team peaking at just the right time?

How can I? I officially abstain from choosing a GUnit, it makes no sense for this game whatsoever. Individual honors make no sense on this occassion.
    Fantastic post. I was having trouble deciding this one anyway - count me in for an official abstention. Just a total effort by all 14 guys to take SCU apart.