Thread: Question

Default Question

Is Kevin Durant human?

I know...I know...not really GU related, but I am on the boards as the Texas/Kansas game is on, and I do believe there is a cyborg on the court donning the number 35.

Default check that..

not only is he human - he's injury prone...why is it that they must show ankles being busted up in slo-mo 7 or 8 times in a row? it's repulsive. yet i watch, so i guess i'm not better.

Quote Originally Posted by GPZagFan View Post
    not only is he human - he's injury prone...why is it that they must show ankles being busted up in slo-mo 7 or 8 times in a row? it's repulsive. yet i watch, so i guess i'm not better.
    He's averaging 35.3 minutes a game and has played in all 30 games so far this year. . .how does that make him injury prone ?

http://www.texassports.com/doc_lib/0...7/teamcume.htm

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Default Improvement of Durant

The thing that impresses me the most about this kid is how he has improved throughout the season. I got a chance to watch him live when GU played Texas in Phoenix. While I was mighty impressed with his offensive game and his athleticism, the kid was not good on the defensive end. In that early stages of that game, Mallon (yes Mallon) was schooling him. On back to back possessions, Mallon put spin moves on Durant that left Durant holding his jock 8 feet from the basket. He was also not great on the glass either. I watched him in several games since then and I've been incredibly impressed by his defense and rebounding. Hats off to not only Durant for his work on those aspects of his game but also to Coach Barnes and his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    He's averaging 35.3 minutes a game and has played in all 30 games so far this year. . .how does that make him injury prone ?

http://www.texassports.com/doc_lib/0...7/teamcume.htm
    Ah, sarcasm is hard to detect on the computer...it was just a jab in reference to my "Is Kevin Durant human" line...the fact that he was able to roll his ankle and actually come out of the game was evidence that he isn't just a machine perfectly created to play the game of basketball...

noted. . .

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson