Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ---------GUnit - St. Mary's----------

100% Team win!

Go!! Zags!!!

Default Pargo/Downs... BOULDIN

It was surely "Pargo Time" during the key stretch in the 2nd half, but the GUnit of the game has to go to Bouldin, due to one aspect of his game not yet noted. Yeah, "only" 1 assist, but also ZERO turnovers for the game and particularly while handling the ball even more than Gray during Pargo's bench time in the first half.

Pargo committed a couple of turnovers due to ill-advised forced efforts to help SMC come back after being down 10, but Matt was steady all game long.

Obviously a team win, with huge Pargo and Downs contributions. But the GUunit award goes to. MATT BOULDIN.
    Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
    solo deo gloria

My vote is for Downs. He was everywhere.

Gotta agree with the team win. This was just a stunning performance by a group who have been balanced all season long - this is what a TEAM ought to look like out there... LOTS of amazing individual efforts out there. This was a team that knew what was on the line.

Still, in terms of honoring a tremendous individual performance, I think Bouldin deserves some major kudos (yes, pretty much every player on the floor does, but Matt esp) - 0 TOs, a HUGE step up from him, plus busting out of his scoring slump in a big way to be the Matt we'd seen earlier in the season plus stepping up big when Pargo was out in the first half... Plus a nice nice shot to end the second half. Hats off to one fantastic performance.

I'd give it to Kuso, while what he did wasn't necessarily showing in the stat line, he was a warrior tonight.

gotta give it to my kid....

Downs, duh
    Master: Tell me, what's better than beating a Tar Heel?

Apprentice: Oh, that's an easy one teach. Beating a Husky

I'll vote for Bouldin because he was there all game and made a consistent effort to assert himself throughout and Saint Mary's did not have an answer for him. But, I want to point out that GU's offense stagnated late in the first half while in unfamiliar territory of having Pargo spend extended minutes on the bench and the Gaels were able to creep back into and take control of the game. I couldn't help but feel that would change in the 2nd half at halftime though once Pargo was back out there and GU got back into it's normal rythmn.

Matt Bouldin
    I miss Mike Hart

Pargo.

Matt's the reason we were in it. Jeremy's the reason we won.
    Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
    You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

Extremely difficult choice. But gotta go with Matty B. for all the reasons already noted.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Default Wow!

Game ball to every member of Zags - water boy to head coach. Kudos to the refs, almost invisible, can hardly believe they actually let the players determine the game. G-Unit, Mr. Bouldin, consistent contribution the entire game.

I'm going with Bouldin; he was great and it was nice to see him hit some shots and be a major part of the offense. HM to Pargo, who knows when to take over a game. If I could vote for a position, I'd have gone with the Kuso + Heytvelt combo. Everyone is talking about Kuso (and rightfully so) but JH was great too! He's finally stepped up these last couple of games, and if he can continue to improve, we're going to be tough to beat. And I'll give some props to Downs, too; he was awesome in the 2nd half.

Thanks for starting the thread AK, I am having a very exciting time.....in Iowa.... UGH...

I can't vote until I watch the game tonight, I can't wait!!!
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

The whole team played great but I'll go with Matt. Outstanding performance guys!!

Its gotta be Pargo. He shredded the Gaels in the second half, and the only time they were close was when he was on the bench, not to mention the job he did on Mills. Offense, defense, leadership, Jeremy is the man.
    "If you smell something, say something." Jon Stewart

My vote is for this year's WCC MVP, Jeremy Pargo! Close one though since Matt was awesome. Who told Micah Downs he was a point guard?

Matt Bouldin
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Default Pargo

Great floor leader - love the way Josh responded to Pargo calling him out,

SOOOOOOOOOO difficult to name just one guy, they were all superb!!!!!!

I have to vote for the TEAM!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think it's a throw away vote, if enough say the team, I think the team can win it!!

Very tough choice but I give it to Bouldin.

Just as is mentioned here and in another thread, the team's depth was HUGE last night! Matt, Jeremy, Micah, Josh, and Kuso all played great! But if I have to pick one player, I'll say Matt Bouldin. His sharp shooting and ballhandling was pivotal in the first half!

Default M B

Great team effort. MATT

Matty B. For all of the reasons posted earlier.

Thanks again to BZ for fulfilling a long-held wish to see a Zags game on campus. Had a great time and enjoyed meeting others from this board.

At about the 2 minute mark in the second half, Jeremey looked at both sides of the arena with a "Where's the noise, people?" look and waved his arm in the air, exhorting everyone to get up. . .that was an absolutely magic moment.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Matt Bouldin, for sure. He came out of his funk when we needed it the most and put on a breathtaking shooting display! And he took care of the basketball when he was bringing it up the floor, no turnovers.

Matt. But if there could be a team GUnit, I'd be all for that.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death