Thread: Pargo

Default Pargo

Wow, that was impressive. 18 points, all in the second half, 6-7 shooting, 4-4 free throws, 2-3 on 3's. I think he won himself the WCC player of the year award tonight.

He's come a long ways from the beginning of the year, huh?

I don't see any way that he doesn't win WCC Player of the Year, esp if we beat Santa Clara and win the conference outright.

Simpson would probably be second though. He is tough.

Yeah, Simpson's awesome. I don't know why he hasn't gotten more attention this year. I think he's the best player in the WCC who doesn't play for GU.

Jeremy was unreal in the second half. Guess he was a little rested from being in foul trouble in the first half.

If Pargo returns next year, which I have little doubt he will, the rest of the conference better look out. They may have to change the rules and allow WCC teams to put six on the floor when their playing the Zags to compensate for Pargo's absolute dominance.

Quote Originally Posted by HOOTER View Post
    If Pargo returns next year, which I have little doubt he will,
    I'm becoming increasingly concerned that he might turn pro. And it might actually be the right decision, he's so dominant right now.
    But frankly I'm not willing to worry about that yet. I'm starting to have a really good feeling about the March 2008.

"Gladiator" was on Cinemax today and there was something about Russell Crowe's demeanor than invoked Jeremy in the second half tonight...pure warrior
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

What do you think he was saying to Josh when JH flopped in front of Simpson and was called for the foul? Pargo had a handful of his jersey and was right in his face.

I hope it was someling like "stop that weak-a$$ flopping and get tough"

Seemed to work as Josh then had several strong defensive plays right after.

Good leadership from Jeremy

I was thinking the exect same thing Zagzilla...don't know what he said to Josh, but it was gret to see the team captain take control & say whatever needed to be said..from that point on Josh seemed to really "spark" up!
    ZAGS RULE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zagzilla View Post
    What do you think he was saying to Josh when JH flopped in front of Simpson and was called for the foul? Pargo had a handful of his jersey and was right in his face.

I hope it was someling like "stop that weak-a$$ flopping and get tough"

Seemed to work as Josh then had several strong defensive plays right after.

Good leadership from Jeremy
    I'm pretty good at reading lips.
    I think Pargo said to Heytvelt...

"Look! You have more natural talent than any of us! You could dominate this league's big men if you wanted to! But your defense is lackluster, you only show some 'fire' by screaming after your one-dunk-per-game, and we're all sick of it! Kuso has half the talent of you but because he tries 110% he's the guy we need out here when the game's on the line. So are you going to start playing hard, or are you going to continue to be our 3rd post option off the bench?"

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyZag View Post
    I'm becoming increasingly concerned that he might turn pro. And it might actually be the right decision, he's so dominant right now.
    But frankly I'm not willing to worry about that yet. I'm starting to have a really good feeling about the March 2008.
    It would behoove Pargo to stay another year. His draft stock would rise (more $$$), the 2009 draft will be much weaker for guards, and he graduates with a degree. Besides, with Jannero tearing it up for New Orleans, it's not like Jeremy is hurting for the money. Of course, I am not even taking into consideration that the Zags will be preseason top 10 if Pargo returns.
    "Fall is my favorite season in Los Angeles, watching the birds change color and fall from the trees."- David Letterman

Default Tron-That movie sucked

Was this a basketball game or a tattoo show?? He needs to get another one on his neck that says OWNED.

Knowing P, my gut is he sticks it out for his degree, if only for his mother.

His brother has enough connections with agents to advise him that '09 is a better draft pool for him. This draft is particularlu PG heavy and pretty much guarantees P would be a 2nd rounder. Next year, almost a 1st round lock as long as he continues his numbers. GMs are starting to value college experience more and more with the success of guards like Paul and Roy and Nelson in the league.
    Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
    You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

Jeremy has been the best player on the best team. That oughta get him the POY honors!

Simpson needs to improve his attitude. He's gotta stop all the unnecessary trash talking and just play basketball - let your game do the talking.

Honestly, I don't think a school that had Morrison as a player can really say much about opposing players' trash talk. Just sayin'. Simpson was impressive, though, that's for sure. He is without doubt the best player in the WCC not in a GU uni.

Hope you're right, MedZag. Even though Pargo hasn't gotten all the GUnits this year, he's been without a doubt the defining player for GU this season. I really hope he returns for next year - not only for his draft stock (and the chance to work on his shooting, which looks like it might be starting to come around), but also to help the Zags break in Meech.

I have only seen three GU players attempt to take a game over this season. Bouldin almost did it a couple times. Daye came pretty close a time or two.

But my gosh....Jeremy can really take over game when he puts his mind to it. Inexplicable that he averages 20+ points per game against ranked teams but lets his teammates bask in the glory against lesser foes.

Here is the truth:

Jeremy will rise to the level of any competition. This Zag team will go as far as Jeremy takes them
    I miss Mike Hart

Is this really needed, SUChiefton, ""Look! You have more natural talent than any of us! You could dominate this league's big men if you wanted to! But your defense is lackluster, you only show some 'fire' by screaming after your one-dunk-per-game, and we're all sick of it! Kuso has half the talent of you but because he tries 110% he's the guy we need out here when the game's on the line. So are you going to start playing hard, or are you going to continue to be our 3rd post option off the bench?"

I'm a die-hard Zag, and I don't appreciate it after such a great game, and a great 2nd half by Josh. Don't think for a moment that Josh isn't an important part of this years team. WE NEED HIM. True. Pargo got on him, but I truly doubt he said anything close to what you insuate. Josh IS a force on defense. Much more then on offense. He has a bad habit of flopping, but so does a very great All-American named Tyler Hansbrough.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Sorry about the above distraction, but that kind of blogging makes me sick.

Great, great game by Pargo. Reminded me somewnat of his game last year vs Stanford. The young man is incredible at times. Love the stats for turnovers. Crucial outcome for this great win.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!