Thread: Nice blurb on JoMo

Default Nice blurb on JoMo

I guess since Jordy committed to Michigan I'll have to put blurbs about him here. *sigh*

http://www.umhoops.com/2008/02/20/re...uglass-person/

Some updates on Jordan Morgan’s season as well. Jordan was named to the All-Catholic team, which is the highest honor in the CHSL. U of D got bounced in the first round from the CHSL playoffs but added in a couple extra games versus Detroit City, Grosse Pointe North, and Detroit Western (Thursday @ 6pm @U-D). U of D won the games against Detroit City and Grosse Pointe North. Jordan put up a great game against GPN, scoring 24 points, 10 rebounds and 7 assists in a 66-54 win. U of D’s first round of districts will be at Mumford High versus Detroit Pershing on Wednesday 2/27 at 4pm.

(Aunt Lynette says look at that new junior basketball picture! wowsers! He says he's 6'9" now. His team will need some good thoughts vs Pershing, they are a powerhouse in De-troit).
    Last edited by LynetteG; 02-20-2008 at 04:16 PM.

Default Sigh

I agree on that, Auntie L. Some of us are still interested in how it all goes for him though.

Is he playing baseball this spring?

Yes, still playing, although AAU will be a priority, so if there is a conflict with the schedule, he'll be playing basketball.

His tourney schedule with King James All Stars 17U (LeBron James' AAU team)is:

4/4 –4/6 Ohio Gators Tournament – Toledo, OH
    4/11-4/13 Boo Williams – Hampton, VA
    4/18- 4/20 Pump Bros. – Denver, CO
    4/25-4/27 King James – Akron, OH
    5/2-5/4 Spiece – Fort Wayne, IN
    5/16-5/18 Super 16 – Columbus, OO
    5/23-5/25 Nike Memorial Day – Nashville, TN
    5/30-6/1 NY2LA – Milwaukee, WI
    7/5-7/7 Akron Challenge – Akron, OH
    7//11-7/16 Peach Jam – Augusta, GA
    7/21-7/26 Main Event – Las Vegas, NV

FWIW, schools are still recruiting him since he can't sign a LOI yet. And yes, a school you and I both hold dear is one of those schools, per sis. Perhaps they haven't given up yet, as it seems several schools haven't. Who knows....

Quote Originally Posted by LynetteG View Post
    I guess since Jordy committed to Michigan I'll have to put blurbs about him here. *sigh*

somehow missed the UM commitment.

congrats to him and the fam!
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Quote Originally Posted by lothar98zag View Post
    somehow missed the UM commitment.

congrats to him and the fam!
    thanks lothar. even though UM is my alma mater i am not too excited about this, only because UM is a football school and nothing else. i would have loved to see him go somewhere with strong academics AND a strong basketball program, and there were several of those recruiting him... but these are my personal feelings on it. i will always support him in whatever makes him happy, though! UM has a fantastic engineering school, and that's what he wants to do.

Quote Originally Posted by LynetteG View Post
    UM has a fantastic engineering school, and that's what he wants to do.
    after he makes a little money in the NBA, right?
    youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Quote Originally Posted by lothar98zag View Post
    after he makes a little money in the NBA, right?
    exactly he would really like to see if he can make it in the NBA, but if not, he is a-ok with being an engineer, to be sure.

LynetteG, I tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. Here's what I was going to say.

That's pretty cool about Jordan wanting to be an engineer. What kind of engineering?

I graduated from GU at age 19 (was homeschooled and started college at 14) with my electrical engineering degree. I'm now almost 24 and have been an adjunct professor at GU for several years (I started the year after I graduated) in addition to working full-time at Avista Utilities. I also just got my Professional Engineering license in Washington.

If Jordan wants any help on his math homework, you know who to talk to. Good luck to him!

Thanks EngineerZag! I just got notice that your pm got bounced, there's room now. Thanks for the offer of help, but he does pretty well on his own. He was in AP Physics as a soph with all the seniors (aced it), and has always done well with math. I think he is in AP calc this semester, again with the seniors. His GPA was 3.7 this past semester, English being his only non-A grade...and it's not that he doesn't do well in English (this is a kid who would write short stories for FUN when he was younger), it's just that he's pretty busy and English doesn't get his best effort. But again, thank you for the offer! Las I knew he wanted to be an ME.

Btw, MAJOR KUDOS to you for accomplishing what you have!! WOW!

Thanks for the update. Best of luck to Jordan in all his endeavors. GU's only hope may be the philosophy dept. helping out with recruiting.
    "If you smell something, say something." Jon Stewart

thanks zagnailer!

i think this thread needs an auntie/nephew photo... taken in july in vegas

and here's a dunk from his vegas game, too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNupL3qCxuM