• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Section 116
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Dan Schulman and Jimmy Dykes on GU

Schulman and Dykes have the call on today's Richmond vs Kentucky game today. During the game they discussed the early story lines in CBB thus far. Dykes said the best team by far in the early going is Gonzaga, said they are the real deal. He also said GU has the best culture in CBB. He said by this I mean what you believe, how you play, how you treat others, how you treat your teammates, how you work, the value of winning and playing tough, that is my definition of culture. Shulman and Dykes also said GU talent has set the bar for the rest of CBB. You could make an argument GU has the three best players at their position in all of CBB with Kispert, Timme and Suggs. Also, Schulman noted the Zags dropped 102 on Kansas the other day which is extremely hard to do!
    Last edited by Section 116; 11-29-2020, 09:57 AM. Reason: additional Schulman quote
  • Birddog
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Heady stuff!
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• sittingon50
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Thanks 116.

Dykes also said coming in that he thought Baylor had the best backcourt but with Nembhard getting eligible it's now the Zags.
      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I heard Shulman and Dykes too and enjoyed it, but calling Suggs best PG in college hoops and Timme best post in college hoops was over the top after just 2 games.
        Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• Section 116
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

In fairness they did say you could make an argument, not that they were the best!
          Last edited by Section 116; 11-29-2020, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

We need to pump the brakes on those kind of superlatives. I’m talking about best at 3 positions.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
              We need to pump the brakes on those kind of superlatives. I’m talking about best at 3 positions.
              There is no doubt, when you evaluate the Zags the whole is greater than the sum of the parts. The players have bought into the plan. Like Jake and Elwood, they’re on a mission from God.

Comment

• HenneZag
                Zag for Life
                • Aug 2012

I like the praise but the next couple weeks will say alot. I still want to see more from Nembhard and we played with Timme never getting into foul trouble. We need a big to spell Timme so I'm hoping we figure something out, that imo will be our downfall.
                America's Team!

Comment

• jagwalkley
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Section 116 View Post
                  Schulman and Dykes have the call on today's Richmond vs Kentucky game today. During the game they discussed the early story lines in CBB thus far. Dykes said the best team by far in the early going is Gonzaga, said they are the real deal. He also said GU has the best culture in CBB. He said by this I mean what you believe, how you play, how you treat others, how you treat your teammates, how you work, the value of winning and playing tough, that is my definition of culture. Shulman and Dykes also said GU talent has set the bar for the rest of CBB. You could make an argument GU has the three best players at their position in all of CBB with Kispert, Timme and Suggs. Also, Schulman noted the Zags dropped 102 on Kansas the other day which is extremely hard to do!
                  Saw the game Richman tickled me to death,great win,and he has us pegged just about right.We play team ball,that is the difference to me.

Comment

• jagwalkley
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                    I heard Shulman and Dykes too and enjoyed it, but calling Suggs best PG in college hoops and Timme best post in college hoops was over the top after just 2 games.
                    Iowa kid is far better,but we are looking GREAT,so far.

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                      Zag for Life
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by jagwalkley View Post
                      Iowa kid is far better,but we are looking GREAT,so far.
                      I don’t know that Garza is far better than Timme but we will see them play each other soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• kitzbuel
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
                        I don’t know that Garza is far better than Timme but we will see them play each other soon enough.

Garza is so good. I am way interested to see how GU handles his strength, size, and quickness.

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                        - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• krozman
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2008

They said Zion was better than Rui too. Just sayin.
                          Krozman
                          GU student 1996-2000
                          Law Student 2000-2003

Comment

• Zags11
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2008

Garza will get his buckets. And so will timme.

Comment

• kdaleb
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by krozman View Post
                              They said Zion was better than Rui too. Just sayin.
                              Zion was/is better than Rui. Not a slight to Rui at all.

And re: Timme/Garza, as Vulture said, we’ll see soon enough. But I’m sure Drew is more concerned about the W than personally besting Garza.

Comment

Working...
                              X