• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Once and Future Zag
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2008

Congratulations --Perkins signs with Charlotte Hornets

Charlotte on an Exhibit 10 contract - guaranteed money.

History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board
  • zagbeliever
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • Jan 2013

Yay Perks!!!!!

Comment

• GrizZAG
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2009

What is an exhibit 10 contract for us dummies?
      One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

• Once and Future Zag
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by GrizZAG View Post
        Exhibit 10
        History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Comment

• GoZags
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Google results for "Exhibit 10 contract"

Also VERY happy for Josh (and Zach).

From the Slam article
          Exhibit 10 contracts are one-year, minimum deals that can be converted to two-way deals. They also reward waived players for signing with a team's affiliate

.An Exhibit 10 contract is a one-year, minimum salary NBA contract with a specific Exhibit 10 attachment built into it and no other bonuses. These attachments are not present in every NBA contract, only deals in which both parties have agreed to include it.

Exhibit 10 attachments allow the NBA team to convert a player’s one-year, minimum contract into a two-way contract but this has to occur prior to the start of the regular season.

These one-year deals are often non-guaranteed, which lets NBA teams waive the player and remove their cap hit from the team payroll.

Exhibit 10 attachments allow players to earn a bonus of $5,000 to $50,000 in the event that they are waived by the NBA team, then sign a deal with that franchise’s G League affiliate* and remain with that affiliate team for 60 days.

This bonus $5,000 – $50,000 bonus, which does not count against the NBA salary cap, is in addition to the G League salary the player would also collect in this particular scenario. If a player’s Exhibit 10 contract is converted to a two-way deal, the Exhibit 10 bonus converts to guaranteed salary.

NBA teams may have no more than six players with Exhibit 10 attachments in their contracts on their roster at any given time and these contracts may not be extended or renegotiated.

*NBA teams without G League affiliates can not sign players to Exhibit 10 contracts
          sigpic
          “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
          ——-
          List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
          Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• Reborn
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2007

Great news about Josh and Norvell. Wow! That's four Zags playing NBA ball this summer. Really cool!

Go Zags!!!
            Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• sylean
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2010

great news for our guys.......especially like that Josh can keep playing....

Comment

• Zags11
                Banned
                • Mar 2008

Love Josh.

Comment

• MileHigh
                  Professional Zag Fan
                  • Jul 2014

Basically a summer/traing camp contract with guaranteed spot in the G league if you get cut, plus they will give you a 50K bonus if you stay with the g league team for at least 2 months. The bonus is designed to persuade young players to play the whole season in the G league and not head overseas

There is debate whether a two-way contract or an Exhibit 10 is the better route to go if you want to make it to the league. Some say the two way is best because team is more invested in you and will likely give you at least one chance to play with the big boys before the season is over. Others say the Exhibit 10 is better because any team can call you up the the NBA (you are not contractually obligated to any NBA team).
                  Last edited by MileHigh; 06-22-2019, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• GrizZAG
                    Zag for Life
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by MileHigh View Post
                    Basically a summer/traing camp contract with guaranteed spot in the G league if you get cut, plus they will give you a 50K bonus if you stay with the g league team for at least 2 months. The bonus is designed to persuade young players to play the whole season in the G league and not head overseas

There is debate whether a two-way contract or an Option10 is the better route to go if you want to make it to the league. Some say the two way is best because team is more invested in you and will likely give you at least one chance to play with the big boys before the season is over. Others say the Option10 is better because any team can call you up the the NBA (you are not contractually obligated to any NBA team).
                    Great synopsis, what I was looking for. Thanks
                    One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                      Zag for Life
                      • Oct 2008

I like the Option 10 for Perkins as much as I like the 2-way for Norvell, and I think they are suited to each individual's particular situation. With John Wall hurt, Chris Paul perhaps moving along, and Kyrie Irving going somewhere else, I am going to be more interested in the free agency period than usual. It seems like there will be some significant moving of the deck chairs across the NBA and Perkins could fit some needs elsewhere. The Lakers seem to like the intangibles that GU players bring to the table, and I personally think Norvell has his best chance with trying to stick where he is.

Comment

• northsidezagfan
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                        I like the Option 10 for Perkins as much as I like the 2-way for Norvell, and I think they are suited to each individual's particular situation. With John Wall hurt, Chris Paul perhaps moving along, and Kyrie Irving going somewhere else, I am going to be more interested in the free agency period than usual. It seems like there will be some significant moving of the deck chairs across the NBA and Perkins could fit some needs elsewhere. The Lakers seem to like the intangibles that GU players bring to the table, and I personally think Norvell has his best chance with trying to stick where he is.
                        Kemba might be out of Charlotte too, which would be a plus for Josh. I’m no insider but maybe this factored into his decision to sign there?

Comment

• Mantua
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                          I don’t remember the NBA ever being this crazy prior to free agency signing.
                          Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                            Zag for Life
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by northsidezagfan View Post
                            Kemba might be out of Charlotte too, which would be a plus for Josh. I’m no insider but maybe this factored into his decision to sign there?
                            That could be amazing for Josh. I saw that they had something crazy like 5 PG’s on their roster last year, but it seemed that none were world beaters except for Kemba.

Comment

• Zagger
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2008

I feel Perks will do quite well in the NBA

Comment

Working...
                              X