PDA

View Full Version : Derek Raivio

ZagMania
02-19-2008, 08:08 PM
So I've been hunting around trying to figure out whats up with his team, Koln 99ers and how he's been doing. As many know, his team declared bankruptcy. On their website they have the following statement in German which was translated with Google:

The Cologne 99ers secure the future

The leaders of the Cologne 99ers and the interim insolvency administrator Dr. Norbert Heimann type currently known that the future play in legal and financial terms could be secured. In the wake of this latest development is already tonight against the lot BC Khimki in the ULEB Cup. A new company will provide the platform, further sponsors for the continuation of Cologne 99ers success story to win.

Further information will be Wednesday, 20 February 2008, at 11.30 pm at the press conference at the Energy Dome announced.

So I guess thats good news.. ?

Anyways, Derek has been playing in the ULEB Cup (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ULEB_Cup). There originally was 54 teams in 9 different groups (6 per group). They played a round robin style and the top 32 teams make it out. Raivio's team made it out of this group! The next 32 are seeded from 1-4 (8 each). The Koln 99ers got a 3 seed and are facing Khimki, a Russian team.

Unfortunately, the first game against Khimki was today and Koln lost 72-91 (http://www.ulebcup.com/ulebcup/competition/results/showgame?gamecode=280). Raivio hit 4 three pointers though and scored 14 points with 4 assists without a turnover. They get to play Khimki once again on the 26th so everyone has to be pulling for Derek next Tuesday. I believe they determine the winner by point difference in the two games so the 99ers will have to beat them pretty badly to advance. Here is a preview of the game (http://www.euroleague.net/ulebcup/home/news/i/24201/448/item) that features quotes from DR himself.

Khimki has Daniel Ewing Jr from Duke and Maciej Lampe, a former NBA player and first round draft pick on their squad. Yasin Idbihi is also on Cologne, who played at the University of Buffalo where I go to school. I've seen Idbihi play many times and is a solid big.

He seems to be playing rather well lately, and I was even browsing through their German fan forum and saw a thread talking about fan favorites that had several mentions of DR because of his three point shooting. Raivio had signed a one year contract I believe so it'll be interesting to see if he sticks with Cologne.

CarolinaZagFan
02-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Good find ZagMania, and good luck to Ravioli, we're all pulling for you.

ZagMania
02-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Here is the story for the game, the situtation in Cologne sounds so weird but I bet its opened up a very nice opportunity for Raivio.

Khimki fought off an inspired attack by home side Köln 99ers to all but book its spot in the Last 16 with a 91-72 victory on the road. Köln led late in the third quarter, but watched Khimki go on a 16-1 surge spanning the third and fourth periods to pull away. Maciej Lampe led the way for the winners with 23 points - 15 in the first quarter - and 5 rebounds, while Dan Ewing added 18 points and 5 assists. Also helping out in the victory were 13 points each from Kelly McCarty and Clay Tucker, the later of which also chipped in 4 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 steals. Nikita Shabalkin added 10 points for Khimki. It was a whirlwind day for Köln, which just hours before the game had its German League license revoked for financial problems. But Köln apparently has saved itself and left everything it had on the court – playing without its best three players, Toby Bailey, Immanuel McElroy and Aleksandar Nadjfeji – sold to attempt to save the club. Milko Bjelica collected 28 points and 9 rebounds for the hosts while Derek Raivio had 14 points and 4 assists and Marko Keselj added 13 points and 5 rebounds in the loss.

Ewing gave Khimki the lead to start the game and Keselj evened it at 2-2. But Lampe took over early, scoring Khimki's next 11 points in sprinting ahead 4-13. Bjelica countered for Köln with 4 points before Tucker's triple pushed the advantage to 13-22. It was 21-30 after Shabalkin's next basket, but Raivio knocked down a jumper and Bjelica drained a three-pointer to make it 26-30. Bjelica opened the second quarter with a free throw and Köln evened the contest at 32-32 on a three-pointer by Keselj, with the hosts grabbing the lead 34-33 on Yassin Idbihi's basket. Lampe gave Khimki the lead back and Ewing scored 5 straight points to make it 34-40. Keselj's three-point play pulled Köln to within 39-42 but Tucker answered with a three-pointer and Ewing's foul shot made it 41-46 at the break.

Philipp Schwethelm's triple started the second half and Raivio's three was followed with a Bjelica basket – and a 49-48 Köln advantage. Bjelica and Raivio both knocked down long balls as Köln still led 55-52. Lampe scored back-to-back baskets only to have Davis Martens tally twice for Köln, which led 62-60 after another triple from Raivio. Ewing scored again and Vitaly Fridzon knocked down consecutive shots as Khimki led 63-66 after three quarters. Shabalkin scored two straight baskets to start the fourth quarter, and 2 foul shots and a three-pointer by Fridzon finished off a 1-16 surge spanning the quarters and a 63-76 advantage. Bjelica finally got Köln on the board in the fourth and a Keselj three cut the deficit to 68-76. But McCarty answered right back with a triple of his own. Bjelica again cut the margin to 10 points, but Mike Wilkinson's basket triggered a 2-11 closing run to put into serious doubt any chance for Köln in the return leg next week.

BBskorer
02-19-2008, 10:10 PM
...the situtation in Cologne sounds so weird...True dat!

I followed the ULEB gametracker today and was going to post something tomorrow. It was a crazy day - to say the least - for Cologne basketball.

To backtrack a little: as mentioned, the team's financial troubles. Within the last couple weeks, Cologne has been dumping players left and right (Toby Bailey, Immanuel McElroy, plus some foreign talent have signed on with other teams). In today's ULEB match, Cologne was a 7-man squad. Idbihi (24 yrs) being the 'old man', followed by Raivio & Bjelica (23). The others are 18-20 yr old kids. Also, Idbihi was apparently injured during the game and played only 20 minutes. That Cologne actually had a lead late in the 3rd is unreal. Khimki is a power in Russia. And you're right, ZagMania - it is a 2-game 'series'. Unfortunately, the return game is in Russia, and I'd say Cologne's chances of winning by 20 are approximately 0% (but I'll follow it anyway, just to see how Derek's doin').

Anyway, for the truly bizarre stuff (which is given a brief mention in the recap that ZagMania posted)....Less that 3 hours before today's game, it was announced that the Cologne 99ers were shutting down operations. The season was over. No more ULEB Cup games. No more German BBL games. If you check out the German BBL site (http://www.basketball-bundesliga.de/linkit.php?menuid=354&topmenu=349&keepmenu=inactive&public=49a2536a8c928675a3251a9cc4f5af17), the 99ers are shown in last place, their record completely wiped out (at least as of this post). But.........for the rest of the day's events: (link (http://www.ballineurope.com/countries/germany/cologne-99ers-the-craziest-day-in-basketball-history/))
Cologne 99ers: the craziest day in Basketball history

February 19, 2008

Today was the day of truth for the Cologne basketball team that went bankrupt a few weeks ago. But Cologne would not be Cologne if the story was not carnival-like.

18/2/2008: Deadline to introduce a dossier explaining how the team can survive.

19/2/2008: The German basketball Bundesliga will announce their judgement at 17h00 about the future of Basketball in Cologne.

17h12: Official press release of the Cologne 99ers basketball team: The responsible persons of the American Sports GmbH announce together with the insolvency administrator Dr. Norbert Heimann that the basketball team will stop its activities with immediate effect. The Basketball Bundesliga has been informed. More information will be announced on the 20/2/2008 at 11h30 in an official press conference.

17h22: The German basketball Bundesliga announces in a press release the end of the Cologne basketball team.

17h38: The ranking on the official website of the Basketball Bundesliga has been adapted. Cologne is now last with 0 points and all their wins have been switched into losses.

18h23: Khimki Moscow is in Cologne in the arena and wants to play the ULEB Cup game that was scheduled to be played.

18h44: Rumors appear in the discussion forums that Cologne can however continue and that the ULEB Cup game will be played, with a little delay.

18h56: The official press release on the website of the team has been amended and says that the game against Khimki Moscow will be played.

19h03: A local TV station broadcasts live from the arena: the game will be played tonight.

19h30: The game played against Khimki is an official ULEB Cup game and not just a friendship game.

19h40: The commissioner of the Bundesliga Jan Pommer announces that he sees some light in the dark skyand that the game is not played because Khimki made some pressure on the Cologne officials to play.

19h50: WDR3 announces that Cologne probably plays the game in order to avoid a huge fine by the ULEB.

19h55: The ULEB Cup game between Cologne and Khimki Moscow started.

20h03: The news about the retreat of the Bundesliga license has been deleted from the official club homepage.

20h13: With a reduced team, Cologne is up 34-33 against Khimki Moscow after 14 minutes

20h14: Official press release: Cologne secures its future. The responsible persons of the Cologne 99ers basketball team announce that the team has secured its future in legal and financial purposes. A newly founded company will be the platform to acquire sponsors to continue the success story of Cologne basketball. More information will be announced tomorrow in a press conference at 11h30.

20h50: Cologne is still up 57-56

21h25: Cologne loses against Khimki 72-91 with two players injured: Yassin Idbihi and Philipp Schwethelm

21h43: The newspaper Express announces that the new company that will be at the base of the Cologne basketball team is a newly founded "circle of friends for the Cologne basketball". A team of entrepreneurs around construction mogul Anton Bausinger has apparently taken over. "It is true, I am part of it", confirms Bausinger,"we want to secure basketball in Cologne not only until the summer but also for the future." Bausinger, who is the owner of the area where the temporary arena is set up, has big plans. He plans to build a new arena in this area for the future of basketball in Cologne.

to be continued…

Sheesh, I just hope the club has enough scratch to help Derek pay the rent & eat a good meal now and then. On the flip side, now he's got as much playing time as he wants. ;)

Good luck, DR!

ZagMania
02-20-2008, 06:22 AM
Thats an absolutely crazy story, I'm sure that it was not the best situation for DR not only not knowing if he would be getting paid but if he'd even have a team to play for. Talk about a distraction..

It seems like Raivio played very well though. That 4th quarter absolutely killed them though. It seems impossible that they'd be able to beat Khimki by 20 but I'd be lying if the thought of Raivio pulling up and draining three after three every time down the court on the way to a 30pt win hasn't entered my mind ;)

ZagMania
02-26-2008, 10:06 AM
Raivio's team has officially been eliminated from the ULEB Cup after being crushed by Khimki on the road. Good news though, it appears Raivio played very well. He scored 18 points, was 4-9 from 3pt land, two assists and steals and only one turnover. He also drew 7 fouls and only committed one foul.

Here is the game story:

Maciej Lampe led four players in double figures as Khimki booked its spot in the Last 16 with a convincing 96-69 victory at home over Köln 99ers in the Last 32 return leg. Khimki won the two-game series with a 187-141 aggregate score, advancing to a date with the winner of the Joventut-Swans Gmunden showdown, which was being completed later. Khimki started the second quarter with a 15-6 run and eventually opened a 20-point gap before the break and never looked back. Lampe paced Khimki with 20 points in 18 minutes, while Anton Ponkrashov added 15 points, 7 rebounds and 8 assists. Khimki also received 13 points from Clay Tucker and 10 from Nikita Morgunov. Köln, which entered the series well under-manned after sending off its top three scorers, rebounders and assist men to save its season financially, was led by 22 points from Milko Bjelica and 18 from Derek Raivio. Nedzed Sinanovic added 14 points and 11 rebounds in a losing effort while Marko Keselj chipped in 8 points and 6 rebounds.

Lampe opened the scoring for the hosts and Bjelica evened things. The lead was 6-2 but Bjelica and Raivio both drained three-balls to knot the game at 8-8. Tucker knocked down back-to-back triples and a third basket as the hosts pulled ahead 21-14. Raivio hit again from long range but Ponkrashov scored five straight points for a 26-20 advantage after one period. Baskets by Tucker and Ponkrashov to open the second gave Khimki its first 10-point lead, 30-20. Keselj answered with a long ball of his own. But Morgunov's score started an 11-3 surge to push the gap to 41-26. Lampe went outside to knock down trey and his next basket made it a 20-point game - 50-30. A Florian Nesgen long-ball trimmed the deficit to 50-33 at the break.

Lampe started the second half as well and back-to-back baskets by Bjelica made it 54-38. Raivio hit a three-ball and Sinanovic scored to trim the margin to 56-43. But Morgunov's inside hoop pushed the gap back to 19 points - 63-44. Koln tried all they could to cut into the deficit as Keselj hit from downtown and two foul shots for a 67-52 game. But Mike Wilkinson answered with a three-ball and an offensive rebound put-back to re-establish a 20-point lead after three periods. Alexei Savkov drained a three-ball to start the fourth and Morgunov made it 77-52. Vladimir Dyachok's triple increased the advantage to 80-54. But Bjelica scored four points in cutting the deficit back to 82-60. Khimki was clearly too powerful as Nikita Shabalkin knocked down a long-ball and Ponkrashov's basket made it 89-60. And Savkov's late score gave Khimki's its only 30-point lead - 93-63.

TheZagPhish
02-26-2008, 11:07 AM
Sheesh, I just hope the club has enough scratch to help Derek pay the rent & eat a good meal now and then.

You know, since Gonzaga starved him during his tenure here, he is likely better trained for this kind of thing.

Raivio's team has officially been eliminated from the ULEB Cup after being crushed by Khimki on the road. Good news though, it appears Raivio played very well. He scored 18 points, was 4-9 from 3pt land, two assists and steals and only one turnover. He also drew 7 fouls and only committed one foul.

Some nice writing in this thread, ZagMania. Thank you for the updates, we sure appreciate them!

gamagin
02-26-2008, 02:04 PM
dunno if you all saw this, but this is great news for the sport and likely will lead to less $$$ problems as a result.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/ian_thomsen/02/13/international.expansion/index.html

ZagMania
02-26-2008, 02:36 PM
I hadn't seen that, thanks gamagin. Hopefully it will happen, there is a poll on that page asking readers if they feel it is a good idea and 56% said it wasn't.

I recently came across this article about German basketball, and here is the part I found the most interesting:

In 2005, the BBL tried to improve the situation by ruling that at least three of the 12 players on the roster have to be Germans. Voigt called the quota "kind of low," saying that court time in the pro leagues is necessary for Germans to develop enough home-grown talent to field good national teams for European championships. Otherwise Germany couldn't hold its own against more basketball oriented countries like Greece, Spain or Slovakia.

But more worrisome than keeping German players active, is the question of how to keep the teams alive at all.

Earlier this month, the Cologne 99ers announced bankruptcy, despite a string of successes. The move came after the team's corporate sponsor, RhineEnergie, pulled its support and a private financier failed to come through with enough cash to carry the team.

Likewise, pharmaceutical giant Bayer announced it would cease funding any pro teams except soccer, leaving its Giants basketball players searching for a new owner. And teams in Ulm and Giessen are both facing shaky futures because of sponsorship problems.

Catch-22 sponsorship debacle

The problem of sponsorship is, in fact, a tricky one. Sponsors see sports teams as a marketing vehicle, ideally to reach television audience. But German free TV doesn't carry league basketball play; it is found either on pay channels or the Internet. So big sponsors drop out, pulling support from the teams, in turn weakening the sport, which then lowers the chances of having a strong following.... and the cycle continues.
http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,2144,3127941,00.html

It seems like a volatile situation altogether, so hopefully DR's excellent play on a big stage like the ULEB cup will allow him to move on to a more stable situation once his contract is up. Regardless, I wish my favorite Zag the best of luck and he'll always have a fan here.

BBskorer
02-26-2008, 05:54 PM
As tough as it had to be not knowing the future of the club, DR's gonna benefit. Before, he wasn't seeing a whole lotta PT behind Bailey, etc. But the opportunity's there now, and Derek's making the most. Add the #'s from ZagMania's info/links...in 2 ULEB games against top competition:

11/24 FG's (8/16 3's)
2/2 FT's
6 assists to 1 TO

And in the last 3 German League games:

15/32 FG's (6/14 3's)
10/10 FT's
15 assists to 5 TO's

Considering the ironman minutes, those are great %'s. And a super A/TO ratio. Great to see.

Cruise_Cologne
02-28-2008, 01:37 PM
Hello there!
I'm Felix from Cologne and I'm watching every game of Cologne at home, if I have the time.
I'm really that Derek is getting better and better. His efficiency is growing with his role, he plays for the team. Until the critical financial situation, he was just a role player and didn't get much playing time, because it seemed, that he felt unconfortable, everytime he has the ball. He made many mistakes and the shots didn't fall. Sometimes he spend the whole game on the bench.
But now we can watch a completely new Derek (you call him "Ravioli"?). His confidence is grwoing from game to game and I think, he just needed the pressure, to become the type of player, which he was in Gonzaga.
If u want, i can write a little game review after every game. Unfortunately I won't be able to see the game vs Alba Berlin, but perhaps I can translate a review. I hope, you were able to understand everything, i'm trying to improve my English until the next time ;)

lothar98zag
02-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Willkommen!

...If u want, i can write a little game review after every game...

Bitte.

gozagswoohoo
02-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Cruise_Cologne!!! WELCOME ABOARD!!!

Allow myself to introduce.....myself....

I am Woohoo, aka WooIceSculptorHoo.

I am pretty much the coolest guy on the board when it comes to making Ice Sculptors. You might think that sounds kinda boring...but Ice Sculpting was a pretty big sport back in the late 60's. Matter of fact, I won my first competition in 1969 (which also happens to be the year the Houston Oilers won their 2nd Super Bowl), but anyways, thats neither hear nor there. I won that first competition with an ice sculpture of a young dove, giving birth.
Let me tell you about a few of the other posters on this board. I've sculpted many a icebergs for these fellow posters. For instance, there was the time a fellow poster named Lothar had me carve a "self-portrait" of himself. When it was all said and done, the passers-by were asking why I sculpted the rear-end of a donkey that had hemorrhoids?? What the heck?? I thought it looked EXACTLY like him, but whatever...Then there was the birthday party I worked for a good buddy named Bobzag. I started asking all of his guests what they wanted carved, because that is what I was hired to do at the party...sculpt things for all the guests and Bobzag. Well....Bobzag threw a HUGE fit and started crying because he wanted EVERYONE'S sculpture to be a life-sized replica of Jessica Alba. So...what was I suppost to do? Bobzag was the one paying me, so...I did 13 life-sized Jessica Alba's...and gave one to each person. The funny thing is, when it was all said and done, Bobzag started crying again because he didn't want anyone to keep their Jessica, and made every single person give their sculpture to him...Not sure what someone would do with 13 ice replica's of Jessica Alba...but the wierd thing is....is I heard the fire department was called 2 hours later because Bobzag got his tongue stuck to....well, you can see where I am going with that, it was not a pretty site.
But anyways, enough about my work, WELCOME ABOARD!!!!!

gozagswoohoo
02-28-2008, 04:25 PM
OH!!! and I forgot you speak German, so I translated that all for you, here you go.

Cruise_Cologne!!! WILLKOMMEN AN BORD!!!

Einzuführen ..... selbst sich erlauben….

Ich bin Woohoo, aka WooIceSculptorHoo.

Ich bin ziemlich genau der kühlste Kerl auf dem Brett, wenn es zur Herstellung der Eis-Bildhauer kommt. Du konntest denken, dass der… ein bisschen langweilig klingt, aber das Sculpting Eis eine recht grosse Sportrückseite Ende der Sechzigerjahre war. Nüchtern, gewann ich meine erste Konkurrenz 1969 (das auch geschieht, das Jahr zu sein, das, die Houston Öler ihr 2. Super Bowl gewannen), aber irgendwie, das weder hören noch dort ist. Ich gewann dass erste Konkurrenz mit einer Eisskulptur einer jungen Taube und entband.
Mich dir über einige der anderen Plakate auf diesem Brett erklären lassen. Ich sculpted viele Eisberge für diese Mitplakate. Zum Beispiel gab es die Zeit, die ein Mitplakat, das Lothar genannt wurde, mich ein " schnitzen ließ; Selbst-portrait" von. Als wurde es ganz gesagt und getan, fragten die Passanten, warum ich das hinterste eines Esels sculpted, der Hemorrhoids? hatte? Was?? Ich dachte, dass er genau wie ihn schaute, aber, was auch immer… dann es die Geburtstagsfeier gab, ich für einen guten Freund arbeitete, der Bobzag genannt wurde. Ich fing an, zu fragen alle seine Gäste, was sie geschnitzt wünschten, weil das ist, was ich eingestellt wurde, um an der Partei zu tun…, sculpt Sachen für alle Gäste und Bobzag. Brunnen….Bobzag warf einen SEHR GROSSEN Sitz und fing an zu schreien, weil er JEDER gestalten wünschte, um eine life-sized Replik von Jessica Alba zu sein. So…, was das I suppost war, zum zu tun? Bobzag war das, das mich zahlt, also… tat ich 13 life-sized Jessica Albas… und gab jeder Person ein. Die lustige Sache ist, als es ganz gesagt und getan wurde, Bobzag anfing, wieder zu schreien, weil er niemand ihren Jessica halten wünschte, und ließ jede einzelne Person ihre Skulptur nicht sure geben ihm…, was jemand mit 13 Eis-Replik von Jessica Alba… tun würde, aber die sonderbare Sache ist….bin ich hörte, dass die Feuerwehr 2 Stunden später benannt wurde, weil Bobzag erhielt seine Zunge gehaftet an….gut kannst du sehen, wohin ich mit dem gehe, es warst nicht ein hübscher Aufstellungsort.
Aber irgendwie, genug über meine Arbeit, WILLKOMMEN AN BORD!!!!!

RenoZag
02-28-2008, 05:18 PM
The cause of European diplomacy has either advanced by a decade or France will be invaded by Tuesday.

Cruise_Cologne
02-28-2008, 05:35 PM
man, you can write english ;) The german translation is very funny for me to read ^^
Thx for the nice greeting, really funny story, with all these sculptures :D
on thursday you will get my first review after the game vs Leverkusen.
I hope, that I can tell you only good news about our team and DR.

mendiant
02-28-2008, 06:14 PM
man, you can write english ;) The german translation is very funny for me to read ^^
Thx for the nice greeting, really funny story, with all these sculptures :D
on thursday you will get my first review after the game vs Leverkusen.
I hope, that I can tell you only good news about our team and DR.

DUDE! 2 posts and your rep is insane!!!

the foo is clearly out of control...

good for the foo...

sending much love to Derek...I hope Nick gets well soon too. missed seeing him on the tube the other night.

TheBeast
02-28-2008, 06:40 PM
The cause of European diplomacy has either advanced by a decade or France will be invaded by Tuesday.

And by Tuesday night things will have settled down considerably.

Cruise_Cologne
03-06-2008, 04:36 AM
Today is a big day for Cologne.
It's Derby Time against Leverkusen. Perhaps it's the last time we play against each other because they don't find a sponsor for next season, so they have to move to an other city. Everybody wants to win this game, because on saturday we lose against one of the big teams of Germany, Alba Berlin, in the last second. I didn't see it live, but you can see highlights on our homepage (www.koeln99ers.de ---> 99ers TV). Derek hit a three from way down ;)
We got two new Players, Roy Booker and Brian Greene. Perhaps you know something about them. Brian Green played for the Colorado 14ers.
I'm really excited about this game and I hope, that it'll turn into a win for us. That would make it easier for to write a review ;)
The game starts 5 and a half hour. If your interested in it, you can use the live ticker on the homepage (it's also on the right side like "99ers TV")
That's for now, write y'all later ;)

Cruise_Cologne
03-06-2008, 07:39 AM
It'll work when the game starts. You just have to click on the button "Liveticker" , a new window appears and you can choose the Live Score for the game you want.
Did you understand how to see the video highlights from the last game?
On the Homepage is a button with"99ers TV". If you click on it, a new window will open and you should see the highlights.
I hope, you'll understand everything.

Cruise_Cologne
03-10-2008, 10:40 AM
Sorry, i was very disappointed after the game :(
Derek did his best to lead our Team and hit an awesome buzzer, but our team lose :( Derek didn't have much luck, because many shot go inside-out, very sad.
If we get near Leverkusen, they hit 2 Threes and they had back their double-digit lead.
Derek also made an Alley-Oop pass, very nice. It's worth a look.
Plz tell me, if you can watch 99ers TV and if you understand everything I write.
you can see the highlights on www.koeln99ers.de ----> 99ers TV.

ZagMan in Philly
03-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Derek did his best to lead our Team and hit an awesome buzzer, but our team lose :( Derek didn't have much luck, because many shot go inside-out, very sad.
If we get near Leverkusen, they hit 2 Threes and they had back their double-digit lead.
Plz tell me, if you can watch 99ers TV and if you understand everything I write.

I think I can see what you wrote.
Derek brings a lot of good memories to me.
I still remember his first few games with the Zags. Especially the one we played against Maryland and George Washington in D.C in 2003. Every time he was in the game, the whole team played better. It was a sign that he was going to be special.
Best of luck to Derek, and thanks for the update.

Nevtelen
03-10-2008, 12:19 PM

Your English is great Cruise. Sorry to hear about the loss. Sounds like Derek was pushing a little too much - that was what usually caused his shot to do that, for whatever reason IIRC. Appreciate the update!