PDA

View Full Version : A New Experience

El Voce
02-19-2008, 09:54 AM
This season is a new experience for us Zag fans. We are used to our team being in top form early in the season, oft times peaking too soon, to our detriment in the Big Dance.

Due mostly to injuries to Steven Gray and Josh Heytvlet, this team is still rounding into top form. Josh is probably playing harder than he ever has, but is still about a half step off in his timing (which affects his rebounding and his foul totals). Gray played good defense last night, but was a non-factor on the offensive end. My guess? He is hitting the same "freshman wall" that was affecting Austin Daye about three weeks ago.

This team shares the ball incredibly well. Our first six hoops last night were scored by six different players. Against USF, 10 different players scored in the first half.

Gonzaga's best games still lie in the future this year. This team probably is the most talented one Mark Few has ever had, and has yet to reach its full potential. Except for a quick trip to Portland to beat up the Pilots, the Zags have about two full weeks to get rested and work on things that need to be done better.

The future is bright!

former1dog
02-19-2008, 09:58 AM
Agreed, El Voce. Good post!

:)

BobZag
02-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Roger Roger.

fedwayzag
02-19-2008, 10:00 AM
As ususal the voice of reason and wisdom. I agree the team has yet to play its best game. I see if coming and getting better, just not quite there yet. Each game someone else steps up to make huge plays. If/when the entire team plays to the best of its abilities, then watch out.

zag67
02-19-2008, 01:14 PM
As far as sharing the ball, did you realize that in the first 14 points we scored, there were 7 players that scored. That was really interesting. They are coming around at the right time of the year.