PDA

View Full Version : Courtney Vandersloot - POW

BobZag
02-18-2008, 03:36 PM
Congrats!

Gonzaga University womenís basketball player Courtney Vandersloot has been named the West Coast Conference Player of the Week as announced by the conference office Monday. This is Vanderslootís first WCC weekly honor of her career and the Bulldogs fifth overall Player of the Week honor this season.

Vandersloot posted outstanding all-around numbers in leading Gonzaga to wins over the University of San Francisco and the University of San Diego last week. The freshman averaged 16.0 points, 7.5 assists, 3.5 rebounds, and 2.5 steals per game as the Zags moved closer to clinching a share of the programís fourth-straight WCC regular season title. She also shot an impressive 50.0 percent (12-24) from the field and 60.0 percent (3-5) from beyond the three-point arc.

Vandersloot scored 18 points, while dishing out eight assists and grabbing five rebounds against USF, committing just one turnover in the win. She closed out the week with 14 points and seven assists in Saturdayís victory over the Toreros.

young julez
02-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Woo-hoo!! I am a huge fan of Courtneys since her Senior year in high school

Good for Courtney!!!
I would love to see her be freshman/newcomer of the year. While there are plenty of freshmen/newcomers in the WCC that are making a impact, there is no other freshman that carries the load she does and for the number one team in the WCC to boot?

Oldsport
02-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Courtney is another of our Lady Zags that is destined to rewrite the record books. It is a pure pleasure to watch her play the game. I just try to think of the last time that any defender has been able to take the ball away from Courtney coming down the court. The point is, she handles the ball so often and rarely turns the ball over. I know of other teams that feel they could score if they could just get the ball the length of the court without a turnover. This fact must be one reason our average scoring total has increased this year.

Miss Vandersloot, your Lady Zag fans love you!:clap:

Zagineer
02-19-2008, 09:03 PM
And a well deserved recognition, Courtney!! With Coach Graves at the helm, you're on your way to performing beyond your own expectations over the coming years. It was a wise decision on your part in choosing GU!

When you stand back and look at the big picture of what Coach Graves and his staff have done for GU Women's Basketball, you can only realize that the best is yet to come!

Go Lady Zags!! :clap: :clap: :clap: