• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kaduce
    Bulldog Fan
    • Feb 2007

Osweiler to make a big decision

Stay up to date with all the college football recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com

Looks like he isn't completely solid on basketball. To sum it up, if he does play basketball it'll be GU, but he is leaving football open. Has offers from Arizona State and Stanford for football, with one from WSU offered by Doba, so not sure if it stands.
  • spudzag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Saw that article pop up on Scout too. Wasn't sure I wanted to post it just before the game eventhough it is certainly news worth.

With the dwindling mass on the front line, Osweiller has been seen an important part of our future. Other threads have not come up with lots of good options for bigs in 09 so let's hope he stays with basketball.

Comment

• CaliforniaZaggin'
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2008

I've posted this a couple times earlier this week, but KREM 2 is running a piece tonight on Brock during its 6pm newscast. Maybe that'll offer some insight into which way he's leaning (hopefuly it's basketball!!).
      What are you doing, Adam? Do you even know how many people go blind from pizza shrapnel?

Comment

• BobZag
        Dark Lord of the Zag
        • Jan 2007

He'll decide on one or the other, but either way Gonzaga's basketball program isn't reliant on one 2009 recruit's decision. My experience is when one door closes another door opens. Brock needs to be happy and content with his decision; if he isn't, it's not very good for him or the school.
        The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• former1dog
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

First "definitive" time I've heard that he's wavering.

Good luck to Brock in making a choice that is right for him. I hope its GU ball ends up being his decision of course, but this fan will definitely understand if he chooses football.

Comment

• Birddog
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Just remember that these recruiting services are very self serving to say the least. Not saying that Osweiler isn't considering options just that when the services can stir the ### to create excitement, they do.

Birddog

PS I forget ### was one of the banned words. I might as well have said ####
            Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
            Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
            All mimsy were the borogoves,
            And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• MDABE80
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

I agree with BZ and Bird. Besides he's just too exposed in the knees to be a QB. Just a good way for one sport to ruin his opportunites in another. But honestly, if he does something else, it's fine. We don't want an unhappy kid at GU. If he heads to football, so be it. We need a lot more than Brock to help us to the next level. Something tells me, we'll find another good one. Love to keep him but...well......I've said enough. Best wishes in whatever he does.

Comment

• MickMick
                Zag for Life
                • Apr 2007

If he is to collect a paycheck as a professional athlete, his best route may be football.

I believe this is what he is being told. I don't know if it is true or not.
                I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• rennis
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2007

maybe

GU and Whitworth could work-out a package deal where he can play football for the Pirates and Bball for us. I mean, why not? Students attend classes at both institutions, why not have the same formula for sports?

Originally posted by Coach Few
                  We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Comment

• gamagin
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

krem2 sports guy

said at the end of a nice piece on this lad:

"While he's getting lots of letters from D1 football schools, Osweiller says he's totally committed to GU basketball."

Os said his football toughness is what has made him an aggressive, physical bkb player.
                    Go TEAM Zags !

"John Stockton is one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or in America, but in the history of Western Civilization!”
                    Tom Hammond: “Wow, that’s a pretty strong statement. I guess I don’t have a good handle on world history.”
                    Bill: “Well Tom, that’s because you didn’t go to UCLA." - Bill Walton

Comment

• MDABE80
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Saw it. It's just nonsense. He's a GU kid. Let's not hallucinate. I will say this. I saw the same piece as Gamagin. SInce I saw his at Prep last Summer, he's really acquired better footwork and quickness. Of course it was 100 degress in Prep's gym at the time. Everyone was a bit sluggish. In the current piece, he looks like he'd get minutes now.

Comment

• cougs4ever
                        Bulldog Fan
                        • Feb 2007

Let's Go Cougs!!

Let's Go Cougs!!

Let's Go Cougs!!

Let's Go Cougs!!

Let's Go Cougs!!

Comment

Working...
                        X