PDA

View Full Version : So another what if?

Zagman503
02-17-2008, 08:52 PM
I have been lurking on this board for quite some time now, with occasional posts, but I was reading a post today and thought, What if San Diego wins the WCC tournament. I know this is a long shot, but does the WCC get 3 teams in the tournament. Say Gonzaga wins out, and SMC wins out (except for the Zags), are they both worthy of an at large bid? Does Gonzaga get it over SMC, or does the unthinkable happen and SMC gets in and we are headed off to the NIT? I would like to know what you guys think about the possibility of there being 3 WCC teams in the tournament.

(long shot, I know)

GonzagasaurusFlex
02-17-2008, 08:59 PM
No way the WCC gets three teams into the Dance. If San Diego gets the auto bid, then whoever they beat in the Championship game (assuming it's GU or St. Mary's) becomes a bubble team that will most likely get picked (but I wouldn't even count on that). Key to this scenario = which team is ranked in Top 25 when WCC tourney begins, Zags or St. Marys. That team would probably be the #1 WCC seed, so they'd get the buy into the semis and surely beat whomever they play to face San Diego in the championship.

Rubbadub
02-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Zags win every game until the Wcc final where they lose to San Diego in a competitive game, all 3 teams get in.