PDA

View Full Version : The most annoying popup on any website?

ZagNative
02-17-2008, 09:24 AM
Every time I open a thread, that lousy "Take a survey" box pops up. I refuse to take their lousy survey, which might at last turn the popup off. Geez, that's annoying. I have this site set up to accept popups, so I can get notices of pm's, and that miserable advertisement makes me pay for it.

Anything we can do, Admin, so it pops up only on entering or leaving this site?

Life is just so darned hard .... and then, well, then you know what happens ... you die ... hopefully without losing to a WCC team first.

Sheesh ... choices ... :(

SammamiZag
02-17-2008, 10:52 AM
How about one of those annoying talking online ads?

"Congratulations!! You have just won a free iPod Nano..."

Also, any "takeover ads" (ads that appear over website content) can be annoying!

ZagNative
02-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Well now, of course, the annoying popup is no longer popping up. Which is good. And you're right about those beyond annoying talking ads on other sites, including Rivals and CSTV's Gametracker. I usually jump, startled when they suddenly start up - the reason I have my volume set to "mute," un-muting only when I want to hear something. CSTV's Gametracker has figured out a number of ways to be annoying, including that maddening blimp that was drifting slowly across the screen, so you couldn't close it to get it the heck out of the way.

Rangerzag
02-17-2008, 11:23 AM
CSTV's Gametracker has figured out a number of ways to be annoying, including that maddening blimp that was drifting slowly across the screen, so you couldn't close it to get it the heck out of the way.

100 % with ya on that one, ZN.

ZagNut08
02-17-2008, 03:32 PM
not sure if it would work for you, but I have the google toolbar which has a popup blocker built in...since getting it I can't remeber when the last time I got a popup was

lawzag
02-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Normally, I never get popups with Firefox - but this one comes up over & over again. I'm with you ZN ... MOST annoying!:(

TheBeast
02-17-2008, 10:09 PM
Normally, I never get popups with Firefox - but this one comes up over & over again. I'm with you ZN ... MOST annoying!:(

I use firefox with pop ups disabled and haven't had any problems... version 2.0.0.12

ZagNative
02-17-2008, 10:19 PM
I've got Firefox as well, with popups disabled but with an exception for this site, so notifications of pms pop up. I'm going to go back and change that to remove the exception and see if the joint goes up in flames when I get a pm.