PDA

View Full Version : Dior Lowhorn

Unbiased
02-17-2008, 05:53 AM
I was very mpressed with his game - personally I think he is going to be a big time scorer in the NBA - his style of play fits that league very well. Don't know whether his "attitude" will help or hurt him - but the ZAGS were helpless when he got into a one on one situation.

MickMick
02-17-2008, 07:14 AM
He would start for any club in the WCC.

GoZags
02-17-2008, 07:38 AM
He would start for any club in the WCC.

My opinion is he could probably start at over 310 D1 schools.

zagar
02-17-2008, 07:49 AM
If anything, his "attitude" is all positive. He's confident, competitive and demanding. He looked upset (angry even) last night, but when you're as good as he is and playing on a team with three other legit D-1 players, I think you've got a right to be. He must want more from his teammates, and I'm sure it's disappointing when they just can't give it to you.
His best bet is to test the NBA camps this summer and come back for a dominant junior year, then jump pro. Without a coach for next season and a dismal athletic department at USF, he's going to have to deal with more of the same for as long as he's there..

cair3
02-17-2008, 11:36 AM
I love dior's passion for the game, he is a real good player. I played against him in highschool and was really impressed. I feel bad for him watching him at USF because it seems he wants to play so much more than his teammates, like he is fighting out there by himself. I dont think bobby knight will come to USF but it would be a real interesting turn of events given that Dior left Knight at Texas Tech after one season.

I'm not sure he will ever make an NBA roster but he is deffinitly a talent that will cause the WCC trouble for the next few years.

VinnyZag
02-17-2008, 12:14 PM
He's only listed at 6-7 according to ESPN. He kinda plays a '4' at USF ... I wonder if he has the ballhandling skills to succeed in the NBA? I'd hate to see him get Calvary-ed.

MDABE80
02-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Viiny brings up the curse of tweeners.....even excellent ones. He's a great college player with lots of talent and lots of fire. He'd play anywhere he went....except the NBA unless he learns ballhandling and sticky defense (not a big deal for most of the NBA but the winning teams prize it).

CaliforniaZaggin'
02-17-2008, 12:42 PM
I haven't seen him play much, only the GU/USF games, but he reminds me a lot of Corliss Williamson. And he's rougly about the same size, so I think he should be able to successfully carry over his style of play to the NBA.

gueastcoast
02-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Does anyone know why he transferred to USF and not somewhere else (re: the frustration with teammates' abilities point)? I know it is closer to home and many talented kids make a similar decision, but if one is from the bay area (I believe he is from Oakland), there are other (and nearer) choices, assuming they were available to him...just wondering if anyone knew more of the story. I was VERY impressed with his play last night.

CDC84
02-17-2008, 03:07 PM
What's impressive about Lowhorn is that he is shooting a high percentage. A lot of guys like him in his position score a lot of points, but they huck up a lot of shots at a low percentage to get all those points. Lowhorn is very efficient.

zagsfanforlife
02-17-2008, 10:08 PM
I liken Lowhorn to a Craig Smith type player. If you dont remember Smith, he played for Boston College a few years back. About 6'7/6'8 strong body, decent outside shot, but both real bangers. I think he would be a solid role player in the pros.

lothar98zag
02-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Does anyone know why he transferred to USF and not somewhere else (re: the frustration with teammates' abilities point)? I know it is closer to home and many talented kids make a similar decision, but if one is from the bay area (I believe he is from Oakland), there are other (and nearer) choices, assuming they were available to him...just wondering if anyone knew more of the story. I was VERY impressed with his play last night.
Unless a USF fan wants to clarify - IMHO, he transfered cuz he wanted to leave Texas Tech AND he wanted to come back home. So he went to USF. (I think he almost went there out of HS, so there was already a relationship in place when he decided to leave TT.)

And 1.5 years ago USF's future appeared to be a lot brighter than it does now. If he knew then, that his first year playing @ USF would be like this, I'm guessing he would have done things differently...