PDA

View Full Version : What are you excited about today?

bzzz61
02-16-2008, 07:45 AM
I'm excited to see Pargo continue his recent dominance of the WCC.

23dpg
02-16-2008, 08:03 AM
I'm excited to READ ABOUT Pargo continue his recent dominance of the WCC.

Maybe listen, is there an online broadcast?

CarolinaZagFan
02-16-2008, 08:38 AM
I'm excited about being able to watch a GU Saturday game. We haven't been on T.V. on a Saturday in forever. I get Saturday and Monday this week....I can't wait.

ZagNative
02-16-2008, 09:42 AM
I'm excited about being able to watch a GU Saturday game. We haven't been on T.V. on a Saturday in forever. I get Saturday and Monday this week....I can't wait.
So you have ESPNU Carolina? I don't, so I'll just be on line and waiting until Monday to actually see the Zags on TV again. I'll survive.

If anyone has Sirius radio, GoZags.com (http://gozags.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/gonz-m-baskbl-sched.html) says the game will be on channel 125. I'll hear the game in Spokane on KGA radio live. I wonder why KGA seems not to be doing streaming on their website of late ... Too bad.

Edited to add: What I'm excited about? Just seeing what kind of surprise, if any, the Zags unwrap for us today. Of the players, really, the only ones I've been counting on lately for excitement are Pargo and Austin. Other players like Kuso are playing well, but for excitement? I'm thinking Pargo and Austin.

treehorn
02-16-2008, 10:03 AM
I am excited at the prospect of the Zags beating the Dons so badly that their children will be born dizzy.

Ziggy
02-16-2008, 10:17 AM
I'm excited about the continued improvement of the "smart" Josh, with tips, deflections, taking charges and end-to-end hustle. Meaningful minutes; 12 and 7! Go Josh!!!!

gamagin
02-16-2008, 10:31 AM
is a granddaughter's birthday. Gu by 12, in honor of her day and the number of years she has blessed us with her presence. 24 if they want to double it, in her honor. Or 36 . . . . because they can.

Reborn
02-16-2008, 10:33 AM
Watching the surge into Northern California explode tonight.:D :D

I get excited about two things with this years Zagss. First, when I see them playing their new brand of ALL OUT TEAM DEFENSE, where they just fly around the court trying to create steals and fast break opportunities. Second, I get really excited when I see the team run and attack constantly. In the pre-Sutton days at USF we could count on an up and down game. Unfortunately with him there, I think the Dons will try to slow the game down. The Zags, too often, allow that to happen and especially when they're on the road. I'm excited to see if we can overcome that temptation to let an opponent dictate what style of basketball we're going to play.

What excites me about individual players? Pargo dunking, Pargo penetrating, Pargo playing defense. Austin Daye head faking, shoulder faking, fading away and hitting nothing but net. Daye blocking shots which hardly ever go out of bounds. Pendo, Bouldin, Gray, and Micah Downs hitting 3's.

But what would excite me the most tonight would be for Josh to shatter the shell that's been hiding his true self, and begin to dominate an opponent in a way he's capable of doing. Lately, as a game begins, and I prepare for Josh to enter a game, my whole psyche is anxiously awaiting to see how he does (how he runs up and down the court, how he looks, how he posts up down low, and mostly, how he is able to make shots). You may think this is overanalyzing Josh. So what!!! I enjoy it, and too bad if you don't.:D

IMO, if you think basketball is a simple game, why is it so hard to win? Why is it so hard to become an Elite team? If it's so simple why can't everybody play it at an Elite level? What makes this such an exciting game is that you really can't predict what's going to happen on any given day. Which reminds me....I am excited to watch the Zags in late February because this is where Mark Few puts his brand on the team. This IS Mark Few's time of year.

ZagNative
02-16-2008, 10:47 AM
Geez, what a great post Reborn! Thanks!

roxdoc
02-16-2008, 01:53 PM
I'm excited about seeing Sacre get more PT experience and continue to progress. Hang onto the ball Rob! Also to see if there is life after the "Wall" for Daye.

ZagNative
02-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Pretty darned funny: 15 minutes until Fox and HuddyBuddy's pregame starts on KGA, an hour before the game, and there are just 60 members online here and 239 guests guests. Not many, compared to a typical non-game day.

A dearth of Gonzaga-focused game day stories, TV coverage most folks won't see ... I just got to whisper this: If this game turns out to excite me, nobody will be more surprised than me ...

Where are my danged pom poms? Ah! There they are!

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff232/ZagNative/Junk/Emoticons/pompomr4wr.gif

RenoZag
02-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Wife's in Portland, daughter's at the movies. . .phone's turned off.

45 minutes to game time.

Perfect.

Looking forward to a good fight and a Zags win.