• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gonzagulous
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2007

Gonzaga: this week's team to watch

According to the guys over at Basketball Prospectus.

Gonzaga is this week’s Team to Watch as the Bulldogs are poised to move back into the AP Top 25 following consecutive wins over Pepperdine and Loyola Marymount that pushed their record to 19-6 overall and 8-1 in the West Coast Conference.
  • MDABE80
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

I hope we move up in a visible way. I dunno about crackin the Top 25 this week but if we beat those last few teams, IE St Mary's, SCU and USD...surely the goddeesses of polls with smile on us

Comment

• Ziggy
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

One of the most respectable of all BB Blogs in the country. Why? Reason backed up with statistics. The full entry deserves reading. Thanks Gonzagulous, for bringing it to our attention!
      "Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck..."

Comment

• BBskorer
        Kennel Club Material
        • Mar 2007

#30 entering the week

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
        I hope we move up in a visible way. I dunno about crackin the Top 25 this week...
        Things would still have to fall right on Saturday, but these results haven't hurt:

#29 Rhode Island lost to Temple
        #28 Florida got worked, at home, by 9-14 LSU
        #27 Arkansas, blown out at Tennessee
        #22 Pitt, routed at Marquette

Still need a little more help. And then there's a chance some team(s) could leap past (#31 Arizona, big game vs Stanford).

But in the meantime, let's kick the San outta Fran!
        ..here..comes..the..BOOM!!!

Comment

• DomoArigatoMrZagoto
          Redshirt
          • Oct 2007

"Gonzaga has shown good balance as it ranks 27th in the nation in adjusted offensive efficiency (114.8) and 29th in adjusted defensive efficiency (90.2)."
          Wow, I wasn't aware that our defensive efficiency was that good this year. Yeah, we have been playing much better defense than previous Zag teams, but this statistic really stands out. These numbers are a good indicator of how balanced we are this year. Gonzagulous, you are a gentleman and a scholar. Good find. Now if we can only find a good inside presence...

Comment

• MedZag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gonzagulous View Post
            Gonzaga: this week's team to watch
            The ironic thing is no one can watch them cause the game's on the U.
            Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
            You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

Comment

• Akzag
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MedZag View Post
              The ironic thing is no one can watch them cause the game's on the U.

+
              So many brackets, so little time.

Comment

Working...
              X